[Closed] Will Nerd For Money

• Moderation Committee

Crossroads

Hello you might not know me but my name is Elsie and I'm a nerd.
    Good, we've got that over with.

I'm a wild nerd who specializes in spreadsheets, you might be familiar with my work here and here

and every time you enter a show or look at a leaderboard or register a horse but PSH WHO'S COUNTING.

In contrast to these two public services, the work I am offering here is customized to your exact requirements.

Ideas:

• Add-ons to my sheet templates such as automatic show results, a breeding planner to record the parents and bonuses for all the foals you have planned for your next foal crop, or automatic importing of your horses parents/grandparents and their details for their profile cards.
    • Breed-It-Yourself sheets to help potential buyers find exactly what they want from your stables (a huge investment & money earner for your breeding stable!)
    • Any Custom calculators / gizmos you can think of (with the option for a discount for allowing public sharing)
    • Anything else you can think of - let's talk!

Rules:

• It is against Equus rules to trade Equus currency for work done outside of Equus: I will not do your tax return, all work must pertain directly to Equus.
    • Respect the time and effort put into your private work and do not share copies or take credit.
    • All private work comes with free full support for one month beginning at the time when we agree the work is complete. Any issues arising after one month are not covered by free support.

Slots:

• empty
    • empty

If you have any general questions, please reply to this thread.
    If you would like to take advantage of this service, please contact me (by reply here, forum message, or slack) and we will discuss possibilities and come to an agreement of details and price.

• How about a sheet that can calculate how many more shows a horse needs to enter before it moves up a level? This would basically combine the Horse Lookup Tool and your Show History Lookup.

Horse A is competing in level 1 and has entered 5 shows.
    How many more shows does Horse A need to enter to move up to level 2?

This would manily be useful for those of us who don't/can't keep track of that. Would be helpful in allowing us to determine who to enter into a show based on how many more entries said horse needs to level up etc.

Or am I wrong and horses still level up based on points earned?

• Moderation Committee

I could do this but I'm afraid I'd have to charge some outlandish sum.
    A surprising amount of work goes into calculating a horses level progression, and this would require importing the majority of the leaderboard docs to get the information required to even start calculating the level, which means a lot of work behind the scenes rigging it all together.

I'm not turning the job down, but I will warn you that it will cost you :D

• Do you have an idea how much? I would of course want this to be public.

• What about a pedigree point tracker/calculator? You'd enter a horse & it'd show you how many pedigree points that horse has, & how many points it'd pass on to offspring, taking account of it, its parents (if any), and its grandparents (if any)?

• Moderation Committee

You should jump in and check out my public show templates! (linked above)
    This is exactly the kind of information you can get from it :)

• Moderation Committee

@Breanna-Fahnestock
    I could do it as an addon for my sheet templates, which would be the most convenient as it could display results on the show entry list and on a horses stats page, for perhaps 150k. (this is a lot. I'm sorry. But this is the amount that would persuade me to do it.)

For a public calculator I could do it for perhaps 100k? (50k discount for public sharing)

• oh really? Ignore me then..! thanks Elsie :D

• @Elsie-Spectre said in [Open] Will Nerd For Money:

@Breanna-Fahnestock
    I could do it as an addon for my sheet templates, which would be the most convenient as it could display results on the show entry list and on a horses stats page, for perhaps 150k. (this is a lot. I'm sorry. But this is the amount that would persuade me to do it.)

For a public calculator I could do it for perhaps 100k? (50k discount for public sharing)

I will have to think about it. Thanks!

• Competition Committee

@Breanna-Fahnestock I'd go in halfs with you if you wanted to have this made

• I need to focus my mind a bit (too early in the morning to think) but I was thinkin g something like a progeny tracker. No I don't mean getting the identity of each and every offspring each and every horse has popped out, but for some studs I believe it would be helpful to actually with an easy look be able to see exactly how many babies they are a parent of. Yes, I know this can to an extent be done on the main site, but due to typos and stuff in pedigrees on there, sometimes the linking does not work and you miss an individual or two.

I may be the only one who considers this important, but I like to keep an eye on the number of offspring, as to ensure the horses stay horses and not rabbits.

• @Claira-James That sounds very useful, I would love to have something like that! <3

• Moderation Committee

@Claira-James
    This is a great idea! I can whip up something like this to attach to your existing sheets for 30k :) It could display foals & grandfoals on your horses stats pages, as well as any other information about their 2.5 registration. Let me know if you're interested.

• Would ^ be a publicly available sheet? Maybe some people would be interested in pooling funds together to get that available. I may be into that myself. Sounds like a really useful tool.

• I will pay the 30k. If someone wants to pitch in, PM me in the next few days and we'll set up a split plan.

• @Claira-James said in [Open] Will Nerd For Money:

I need to focus my mind a bit (too early in the morning to think) but I was thinkin g something like a progeny tracker. No I don't mean getting the identity of each and every offspring each and every horse has popped out, but for some studs I believe it would be helpful to actually with an easy look be able to see exactly how many babies they are a parent of. Yes, I know this can to an extent be done on the main site, but due to typos and stuff in pedigrees on there, sometimes the linking does not work and you miss an individual or two.

I may be the only one who considers this important, but I like to keep an eye on the number of offspring, as to ensure the horses stay horses and not rabbits.

To add to this, what if it showed how successful said progeny were? It'd be a lot easier to find sires/dams who produce successful offspring as well for people who are into finding the best possible combination.

Or would that also need to link into leaderboard things and be a huge pain in the butt? lol

• Moderation Committee

Showing the competition details for the offspring will make it a lot more complicated, since it will need to hook into all the leaderboards instead of just the approved horses lists.

If would also be slower - taking perhaps 3-5min to update the offspring whenever you changed the parent horse.
    I would raise the price to 80k for it to do this, or 50k if it's public.

• Competition Committee

@Claira-James If you're up for it, I'm more than happy to help with the split payment and I'll DM you too! This is something I would love to have :smile:

• Moderation Committee

Let me know what you guys decide, & whether you want it with or without competition details :)

• I already sent you the money for a version without the competition details. I can personally live without that function, especially since it'll slow things down so much.

• Moderation Committee

Progeny Lookup
    Nice doing business with you guys :) Happy to add competition info if anyone decides it's necessary.

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.