What other games do you play?

• So, I'm just curious as to what games people play when they're not on sims (well I'm assuming you play sims anyways).

Believe it or not, but I'm actually a big fan of First Person Shooters with my favourites being Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (which I got as a gift from a friend) and of course CS:GO.

I'm also starting another play through of the Witcher 3 (still haven't finished it) and dabble in Skyrim every now and again (again still haven't finished it, I always seem to get distracted by another quest).

Probably the game I've played most is ARK: Survival Evolved (have about 1000 hours on it) although I'm on a break from that one at the moment.

So yeah, I play a whole load of different games. So, what do you play?

• I'm a console gamer at heart (I know, I know...shame on me) and for a long time my various consoles were on a hiatus. Sad the lack of time you have for such things after you become an adult. However, I have gotten back into it and have started on my mass pile of games to get through.

I used to describe myself as favoring the hack-and-slash genre, but truly what I like most is any game with a story that will keep me engaged in it. But there are two that I struggle doing: games in first-person perspective and massively open-world games. First-person difficulty is a shameful admittance that I do think began out of playing on very small screens, but has developed into an avoidance of them (sadly so). Red Dead Redemption and Breath of the Wild have been the only open-world games that have kept me interested long enough to complete the main story line and incite a want to spent more time in game aside from the main story. I also don't have the social aspect required for MMOs.

And while I recognize I may be one of the few here who could not retain interest in Skyrim much more than a few hours, I will posit that it is not a matter of length or complexity of story. My guilty pleasure is JRPGs, the darker the better usually (ie my utter glee in playing the Persona series) and I just love how convoluted and unpredictable the stories in them typically are. I simply seem to prefer more linear paths and when that is not the case, I have difficulty maintaining an interest. I'm here for the story the developers have created. Not to create my own. I do that enough outside of games. I want an experience I don't have to fabricate myself so much. Most of my time is spent trying to create something out of nothing so when I play games, I'm looking for a break from that.

This is hardly answering the question, but the answer is many. You can assume most of the popular third-person games ranging from things like Evil Within/Resident Evil to Uncharted or Devil May Cry/Bayonetta to Assassin's Creed. Yet I also have a great like of psychological walking sims (such as Gone Home, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture, and more horror-themed ones) as well as things very outside the norm that don't quite fit in one genre (ie anything Suda51 touches).

I will also add that I dislike platformers/side-scrollers. Yes, there have been some innovative games (especially indie ones) to utilize this and I do have fond memories of titles such as Crash Bandicoot, however this isn't the late '90s/early 2000s anymore where I had little choice so I rather spend my gameplay time on other titles. Fantastic and creative games that rely on this mechanic certainly, but they are not for me.

Finally, I will add, despite my attempts, I have a stunning lack of ability to tap a button along with a beat and thus can never play a game that relies on that. I must assume the reason I cannot follow a rhythm is because I, clearly, have no soul. :musical_score:

• Hearthstone and World of Warcraft. I used to have an affair with Skyrim (PC version because PC is superior). Town of Salem is a super fun browser game, I have phases with it.
    Okami and Twilight Princess -- Wii versions for both -- are games that basically raised me, they are so timeless and I think I'll always play them. They have my heart.
    Now I'm just spending my time trying to make my own games :blush:

• @Aylet-Schrödinger said in What other games do you play?:

I'm a console gamer at heart (I know, I know...shame on me) and for a long time my various consoles were on a hiatus. Sad the lack of time you have for such things after you become an adult. However, I have gotten back into it and have started on my mass pile of games to get through.

See when I was younger, I did have a PS2 that I played a bit and I have dabbled a bit with the Xbox 360 (mostly to play Fable 2 and 3 and Red Dead Redemption which I hope the second one will be on PC!) but I've never really been a fan. I've always found it hard to aim and shoot with the joy sticks and found moving around clunky and frustrating, so I'm a PC gamer through and through but I can understand why people buy consoles (especially since I dropped about £1200 on my gaming rig) but never been a fan, especially since most of my gaming time is now with friends.

I will also add that I dislike platformers/side-scrollers. Yes, there have been some innovative games (especially indie ones) to utilize this and I do have fond memories of titles such as Crash Bandicoot, however this isn't the late '90s/early 2000s anymore where I had little choice so I rather spend my gameplay time on other titles. Fantastic and creative games that rely on this mechanic certainly, but they are not for me.

Never been a fan either or of puzzle games. Always hated them. I seem to be the opposite of you though, I love games that I can role play and create my character in and immerse myself in such as Skyrim. I tried playing Fallout 4, but hated the fact that the game pretty much made you get into the settlement management side which I was never interested in. Plus, I found the story lacking and hated pretty much all of the factions in the game.

I definitely think you should have a look at We Happy Few (if you haven't already).

Now I'm just spending my time trying to make my own games

Wow, have fun with that. Coding is not my strong suit to be honest.

• ooohh Got me here. PC I love Skyrim but I keep breaking it. Thats the modder in me. I dabble in horse games allot. My daughter has Ark, Minecraft, an a few others. When I want a mind numbing not do much I play TSR, or American Trucker. Another is a farming Sim. I do bad things to that one though. I have an affair with Mass Effect. I have Mass Effect two, Three and Andromeda for PC. I have One, Two and Three for Xbox 350. On the Xbox I love racing games. Need For Speed, Forza and so forth. I play RDR as well.. I just bought the Xbox One just to play the newer Forza games. We got rid of Warcraft years ago after I caught my daughter being talked to in an inappropriate manner. Guy wanted to know where she lived and all. Her being an Autistic 12 year old. Warcraft went. Old School you could not tear me away from Roberta Williams. I still have the collection here somewhere.

• @Callie-Madigan said in What other games do you play?:

Probably the game I've played most is ARK: Survival Evolved (have about 1000 hours on it) although I'm on a break from that one at the moment.

I have a little under 200 hours on it, can't run it on anything other than my dad's gaming computer that I use when I visit. Other than that Skyrim is my favorite game outside of the sims(Have over 1000 hours in the original, and 70 in the remastered version), I also play some minecraft and Zoo tycoon (1 and 2) along with CoD and GTA5 when I spend time with my ex.

• My current guilty pleasure is Stardew Valley 😀 but I play to many games to even start listing here. I come from an huge gamer family, have had everything to the old long system, Atari, sega, all Nintendo ECT ect. If it was a system we had it

• @Nova-Ricketts I LOOOVE Stardew Valley!! Its the only other game I play besides Sims :)

• I've been playing League of Legends for a few months now. I have also played Assassin's creed, My Horse & and me (Wii), Black & White and Star Stable.

• Administrators

I play a lot a lot of games, but I've been playing so much Overwatch lately. Like, everyday for hours on end lately.

• Currently I'm playing Witcher 3 and NieR: Automata <3 My love nahhh

• My horse and me 2, GTA San Andreas and Star stable :blush:

• While I don't get much time to play anything outside the weekend (the last three of which have been spent overhauling things here on ES) I play a wide range of games.

I tend to switch between the PC and consoles, but lately, I've been playing Witcher 3, Persona 5, Resident Evil VII, the Outlast trilogy, and Mass Effect Andromeda.

• I have...many games. I recently just got Horizon Zero Dawn like 2 days ago and have found myself very addicted. I also loved The Witcher games and I played a series of Gallop Racer games on PS2. I also have a love of Age of Mythology, Zoo Tycoon, and back in the day...I played Dogz 3, 4, and 5

• @Lana-Rea-Collins oh throwback to petz 😭 Back to all the forums and petz auctions.

• Oh my I ran across all my Dogz CDs the other day along with catz

• @Remi-Clarke --- YES the PA was so amazing... I used to hex lol I have all of my cd's and hex programs somewhere still

• @Lana-Rea-Collins I was so sad when it died!

• @Remi-Clarke it really is sad, there is actually still a community for it around! I checked it out lol, but it's small and it definitely isn't what it was

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.