Silver Glade Stables - 6/29 Retirement + Babies!

• alt text
    Welcome to Silver Glade Stables!

Silver Glade Stables is nestled in a little niche in upstate New York, in Breeville. The grand stone and wooden barns are sprawled out over a total of 250 acres, separated by a 5 minute drive down the narrow, tree-lined road. This is the divide between the warmbloods and the thoroughbreds, although the two facilities are essentially the same farm, despite the differences in breed and discipline focus. Please visit our websites to learn more about our facilities, staff, and horses!

Notable Horses

Some of our most successful horses can be found below, the horses who really helped us to get our name out there, and to promote Silver Glade Stables and its drive for excellence. These horses have helped us put our name on the map, and so we feel that it's necessary to offer them a special mention here. Possible Investment is one of our most promising race horses, and has so far earned 139 flat racing points, and though he has raced in several graded stakes, is currently comfortably competing at the ungraded stakes level. Silver's Just Because- ornery to the last, and yet one of our best show jumpers, earning a total of 192 points, and is still sound and loving the competition. Silver's Pegasus is the face of this establishment, having been our very first warmblood and arguably one of our most well-known horses. He earned 206 points in his career, 101 in show jumping and 105 in eventing, something we're incredibly proud of considering he was one of our very first horses. QMR Camille is a very, very special mare, one that everyone at Silver Glade is incredibly proud of. With 187 points in flat racing, as well as a number of graded stakes wins, Cammy has really done us proud, and certainly deserves to be listed as one of our most notable horses.

Show Jumping Team

Horse Name Gender Breed Discipline(Secondary)
    Silver's Just Because Stallion Dutch Warmblood Show Jumping
    Silver's Pegasus Stallion Dutch Warmblood Show Jumping(Eventing)
    Silver's Ithuriel Mare Dutch Warmblood Show Jumping
    AAC Golden Star Stallion Trakehner Show Jumping
    Silver's Sashandra Mare Dutch Warmblood Show Jumping
    Donnerax HAS/WEC Stallion Hanoverian Show Jumping
    Silver's Scenery (For Sale!) Stallion Dutch Warmblood Show Jumping
    RDEC Inventico Stallion Dutch Warmblood Show Jumping
    Silver's Cashmere (For Sale!) Stallion Dutch Warmblood Show Jumping(eventing)
    WSLW Believe It Mare Dutch Warmblood Show Jumping
    Silver's Music Maker (For Sale!) Stallion Dutch Warmblood Show Jumping

Eventing Team

Silver's Skyfall Mare Dutch Warmblood Eventing(Show Jumping)
    Obsidian CR Stallion Dutch Warmblood Eventing
    CPE Inegmar Stallion Dutch Warmblood Eventing
    Red Cavier BV Mare Hanoverian Eventing
    CDC Chanteuse Mare Hanoverian Eventing
    Eretria's Grafiet Stallion Dutch Warmblood Eventing
    March Memories L Stallion Hanoverian Eventing(show jumping)

Dressage Team

Chauntucci BF Mare Oldenburg Dressage
    Monachyle's Black Bandit Stallion Oldenburg Dressage
    CPE Ti'ma Tango Mare Dutch Warmblood Dressage
    ILA Cipriano Stallion Hanoverian Dressage

Racing Team

New York Minute Stallion Thoroughbred Flat Racing
    Monachyle's Baystorm Stallion Thoroughbred Flat Racing
    Not This Time Colt Thoroughbred Flat Racing
    Hurricane Grey Colt Thoroughbred Flat Racing
    Wingardium Leviosa Filly Thoroughbred Flat Racing
    Possible Investment Stallion Thoroughbred Flat Racing

Table Of Contents

January 10, 2017 - "New Year!"
    January 16, 2017 - "Schooling Show"
    February 6, 2017 - "Chanteuse and Possible Investment"
    February 21, 2017 - "Inventico and Scenery"
    March 1, 2017 - "Greys Everywhere!"
    March 15, 2017 - "Kendall County Spring Horse Show"
    April 14, 2017 - "Better Believe It!"
    April 30, 2017 - "Morning Workout"
    May 7, 2017 - "March Memories L"
    June 12, 2017 - "Introduction"
    June 27, 2017 - "Sashandra at the Warm-Up"
    June 29, 2017 - "Happy Retirement"

• January 10th, 2017 - Happy New Year!

Hey guys! This is my blog, dedicated to the posting of the goings-on at Silver Glade! I hope that I can keep it up to date, and share some pictures of the horses, the sims, and the stables :) I'll be playing around with the format and the main post quite a bit, so bear with me as I try to figure the whole new forum thing out, haha! In the meantime, I'd like to show off Chauntucci BF's fancy shmancy new coat! Her coat was made ages ago, I've had this lady forever, and I figured it was about time for a bit of a spruce, so without further ado, here's a very happy Chauncy!

alt text

• 1/16 - The Schooling Show

This weekend, Jasmine took her personal horses to a small schooling show to work out the kinks and help get them into shape for the upcoming show jumping season. It went about as well as can be expected, after a month off of work for both JB(Silver's Just Because) and Sasha(Silver's Sashandra), but it was still productive for both of them, and for Jasmine as well, who has finally begun to really find some success in the jumping ring with both of her current rides. She wrapped JB first- he's not particularly fond of surprises, he needs time to pace and kick his stall walls before participating in any activities- and then wrapped Sasha, who, aside from her attempts to chew through the crossties, stood somewhat nicely; Rachel even managed to get a nice picture of the show prep!
    alt text
    Everyone settled in just fine once they arrived, Sasha's class, minus a couple of baby moments, went just fine. No ribbons, but for a five year old, she did wonderfully!

JB, at 15, would be expected to know his job and do it without complaint, or baby moments, but he decided halfway through the course that he was absolutely not jumping the oxer with the pink flowers underneath, no siree, not him, so he promptly ducked out, a moment which Rachel caught pretty well! I mean, aside from the ears and the sass, it's a nice picture. It was taken shortly before he, in one of his more athletic moments, performed a spectacular leap and duck, and Jasmine hit the dirt. Nothing but her ego was hurt, and JB pranced off to the gate where Rachel, playing groom, caught him.
    alt text
    Better to get the kinks out now!

• I always enjoy your pictures; I love the personalities you give to your horses and the little details you include in everything <3

• Awesome shots, nice to see something different around here, and some schooling shows RP :D Haha sassy guy at 15!

• Beautiful horses and pics! :o

• @Callixta-Rosella thank you! I try to make every horse a little bit different, haha! <3
    @Lidija-Rotherford Thanks! JB will forever be sassy, lol!
    @Marina-Davia Thank you!

I took a couple of pictures of some of our racehorses- though only one is done being edited so far! Here's Possible Investment standing in front of his barn before a mid-morning training session.
    alt text

Rachel took Chancey for a ride today, and so I tagged along and got a couple pictures of them together! At 8 years old, Chanteuse been with us for a couple of years now, and has done an absolutely wonderful job in eventing, with a total of 92 points. Everyone loves her markings, and her fun personality! She's a bit of a diva, but you can bribe her with peanut butter(something we now buy in bulk to make sure we don't run out).
    alt text

alt text

• Peanut butter? Horses can eat that?? xD

• Chancey is a pretty lady! I have a thing for pink noses.

• @Lidija-Rotherford Some horses will eat anything, haha!
    @Quinn-Monroe Thank you! I love her nose, she's so much fun to photograph because of it!

I don't have any big formal updates as of now, but I do have a couple lazy/quick edits of two of our younger show jumpers to share! Here's RDEC Inventico having some fun in the big pasture.
    alt text

And here's a boy I'm rather fond of, Silver's Scenery. He's out of Silver's Perfect Image, and is one of the first babies by Donnerax HAS/WEC, and he's also up for sale, here if anyone is looking for a new jumper with a verrry nice pedigree bonus. He's already registered and started in SJ, and comes with an all-greyed-out coat ;)
    alt text

sorry for the verrrrryyy lazy editing, I've only just had time to sit down and play around briefly!

• If only I had time and space for another horse, Scenery is so beautiful. He looks so talented too, I hope he finds a wonderful new home :)

• @Callixta-Rosella Thank you! I really hope he finds a good home <33

Over at Equus-Sims, I entered Sasha in the Breeder's Showcase, and I wanted to share the entry here, as it's the first edit I'm proud of in awhile! :)

While her cousin ran in frantic circles about the excitable, tall bay mare, Jasmine pulled on her gloves and gave Sasha a pat, her hazel eyes traveling across glossy mares, their breeders, and their trainers. Every horse here was well-groomed and well-bred as well, with polished hooves and shiny leather bridles. When other horses came too close, Sasha pinned her ears and raised her hind leg, her thick black tail swishing threateningly. As the announcers called for their class, Jasmine sucked in a breath, Gi stepped back from the mare(who immediately jerked her head up, nostrils flaring), and the two women grinned at each other. "Right, go get 'em J." She gave Sasha a final look over, nodded, and Jasmine walked after the other mares as their handlers led them into the ring. Sasha pretty much led the way, prancing and snorting and swishing her tail back and forth. Here went nothing.

Gi(Giana Rosenburg) is a new character I'm hoping to introduce as soon as I can take some pictures!

• February 25, 2017

I finally got around to editing a couple of pictures of the thoroughbred facilities, or well, the parts that are finished anyhow! The racetrack itself is going to be modeled after some public tracks(Saratoga, mostly), so it has a grandstand section, a paddock, clubhouse, main gates, etc. That all needs to be finished up, but once it is, I'll share some pictures of it! I might put it all up for download too, though it'll be quite a few lots! But the track itself and the stables are all finished, so I figured I would share a couple of pictures :) The stables are a quick walk from the track down a neat little path, and beside the four barns is a small park for walking out the horses, complete with a few ponds, dirt paths, a hot-walker, some small paddocks, and a dirt roundpen for the horses to roll and stretch after a workout.

alt text
    View of the track from the walk-out area
    alt text
    The roundpen in the walk-out area
    alt text
    The path from the barns to the park
    alt text
    Wingardium Leviosa walking out after a morning training session
    alt text
    New York Minute chilling in his stall

• I always love snooping behind the scenes, lovely facilities! I'm loving New York Minute's bed hair :smile:

• Wow, Jasmine, I just love the photos you have here! They have such a bright, cheery look to them, and I adore seeing day-to-day stable life photos. Your TB facilities look great - those stalls are so nice! - but I have to admit my eye is more drawn to the gorgeous horses occupying those facilities. :wink:

• @Quinn-Monroe thank you! New York Minute's mane is pretty much untameable haha!
    @Erin-Ward Ahh thank you! Putting the gates in for the stalls was a pain, but I'm really happy with how they came out :D

March 1st, 2017 - Greys Everywhere
    March is finally here, and it's definitely looking like spring in New York, which has everyone at Silver Glade excited. The snow has melted, and all of the outdoor arenas- except for the main jumping arena- have dried enough for use. The horses are certainly enjoying the warm weather, and being outside! I just have a couple lil' images/updates on some of our(many) grey horses.

alt text
    Chauntucci BF is one of our two dressage mares, and has struggled a bit throughout her career with a mixture of bad luck, attitude, and spookiness(though it was mostly attitude). She's one of our thicker warmbloods, as many of our horses are bred for eventing or show jumping primarily, and she is a little bit of a bulldozer instead of a refined, upper level dressage horse on occasion(like the time she kicked the little white fence at a show... twice.), but we love her all the same. She's recently started to really master the passage, and is improving with her piaffe with every training session!

And here's a horse who has become the face of Silver Glade as an establishment, with a coat update!

alt text
    Silver's Pegasus is probably one of our most successful stallions both in the show ring and at stud, with 14 foals on the ground and competing in either show jumping, eventing, or both. There are even one or two who have found success in the dressage ring. He's taking a break from standing at stud, and most likely will not sire any more foals. For now he's enjoying his retirement in a spacious field and the stud barn all to himself!

• PR Committee

Always had a soft spot from afar for Pegasus :drooling_face: I'll have to keep an eye out for grandfoals being sold :laughing:

And O M G I love that chunky warmblood so much, heavyset warmbloods are my jam :clap:

• your pics are so beautiful Dear <3

• Those two greys are simpy gorgeous. Love how the hair editing on Chauntucci turned out. I can tell you're improving. : )

• @Luke-Teth awh, thank you! I live for chunky WBs, haha!
    @Jade-Nguyen ahhh thanks Jade! <3
    @Bree-Asgard thank you Bree!

3/14 - Some Fun!

All of our thoroughbreds love some down-time from racing and training, and they get plenty of it due to their demanding careers. Each one has their own quirks, likes, and dislikes, and while the majority of our horses prefer the small grass paddocks, Monachyle's Baystorm loves the sandy round-pen!
    alt text

• gosh I love the angle!!

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.