Sims 4

• So apparently there are rumours that the Sims 4 Pets will come out in December. I never played S4 nor do i own the game but i just thought "what will happen to ES if pets comes out?"

Just because i assume that some ppl here will play it instead of S3 and i also assume that the downloads will also only be for S4 then. But it already fills me up with horror that i might have to recreate ALL my horses and facilities there..

What's your opinion? Do you think the forum will/should change to S4 or not?

• I would be happy if the forum stays with Sims 3. Personally I won't buy Sims 4 because I really want to spend my money on other games and my hobbies lol
    Otherwise we have sooo many poses and DLs for our S3 pixel ponies, everyone did so much for this and it'd be a bit sad to start at 0 again (my opinion)

• @Gwen-Parker
    same! Also it would be a pain to wait for everyone to recreate all the poses and downloads for S4.
    (horses with no shine markings ...omg)
    And there are a few creators who made amazing stuff but got inactive. so their stuff will be gone.. unless someone recreates it

• @Maria-Jones
    oh gosh, horses with no sliders O.O
    We all know EA isn't really... good in creating horses. And I have to say that I'm not really happy about the Sims 4 Sims' Style, I am afraid the horses won't look good :/ more like girly computer games or something else, I dunno...

• Breed Committee

I remember reading somewhere that they weren't sure if horses were going to be in the expansion. Anyway, I don't have a load of money right now... so definitely am not up for spending it on a game + lots of expansion packs (again) to make it look good. Plus I agree with you guys, we have way too much to just start over again :anguished:

• Actually, in the latest update where experienced mod creators etc has been looking through the animation codes for sims 4, they have only found codes for cats and dogs. Also a few days ago a Slovakian retail site had listed "the sims 4: cats & dogs" as a game you could pre-order and with a release date of November 9th. This was later removed from the site, so I don't know how true it is. But most evidence found for a pets expansion shows that there will not be horses in sims 4 .

Other than that, if it does prove to have horses, I would still stick with sims 3. There is no way on this earth that I will recreate 400 horses :laughing:

• @Gwen-Parker said in Sims 4:

@Maria-Jones
    oh gosh, horses with no sliders O.O
    We all know EA isn't really... good in creating horses. And I have to say that I'm not really happy about the Sims 4 Sims' Style, I am afraid the horses won't look good :/ more like girly computer games or something else, I dunno...

692/5000
    I agree with you gwen .. when we see the texture of the sims 4 ... I'm afraid for that of the horses if it were to have some. I aodre those who are currently on S3. And as you said at the top a lot of people have spent a lot of time creating us these sliders or shines. And all over again on S4 ... could certainly demotivated those who took so long to do these wonderful things on S3.
    From a personal point of view: I bought the sims 4 but the basic game. Is actually I played there once ... and then I let it down. I do not like the concept of behavior sims with their scrolling emotion ect ect. I prefer the S3

• @Nina-Ricchi said in Sims 4:

From a personal point of view: I bought the sims 4 but the basic game. Is actually I played there once ... and then I let it down. I do not like the concept of behavior sims with their scrolling emotion ect ect. I prefer the S3

I agree, I have Sims 4 but haven't played it much because I didn't like it compared to Sims 3. The game itself felt unbalanced and I also didn't like the emotions part.

I will probably get a pets EP if one comes out, but I think I'll be sticking to Sims 3, mainly for the horses and fun gameplay.

• @Samantha-Jadirea said in Sims 4:

@Nina-Ricchi said in Sims 4:

I agree, I have Sims 4 but haven't played it much because I didn't like it compared to Sims 3. The game itself felt unbalanced and I also didn't like the emotions part.

I will probably get a pets EP if one comes out, but I think I'll be sticking to Sims 3, mainly for the horses and fun gameplay.

Same. A friend of mine let me use hers, I might reinstall it once the Pets one comes out, just to see!

• Development Committee

I use Sims 4 just to build, since it's smoother than 3 for that...As far as our CC going to sims 4, I highly doubt it will happen since it will more than likely not have horses...No horses would be a good thing for 4, since the worlds aren't open like they are in 3.

• I have sims 4, I dislike the wait time before lots and could see that being a major issue when building a stable especially over a few worlds due to the last of customizing the world. I think the dog and cats would have less of a problem.

I have grown to not like the loading screen when my sims go visit neighbors or for a walk. XD

• To me, the impression I get from S4 is to make it more playable for the masses. Basically not so demanding on computing power etc, hence the dumbed down cartoon-y look etc. Going further, they have only released 2 or 3 actual expansions packs I think in the three and a half years since it's release.

I can't see them adding horses to the game, as they had previously mentioned how difficult they were to make for S3 and that they weren't likely to repeat that.

Sorry this is source-less; I'm at work. Just wanted to throw in my two cents

• I have Sims 4 and I would be so happy to see S4 add pets and horses, S3 is still the game I like best and I have not visited my S4 game since I added S3 back on to my pc. But I would love it if the S4 game has horses.

• If S4 does ever add a pets ep, it would be great to see the horses and all and maybe they would have nice coats, no ugly stuff like s3 has without mods, and hair physics but ya never know.... xD I will still stick to S3 though but i would happily play S4 pets in my spare time.

• Administrators

Even if they add horses down the line, Sims 4 isn't realistic enough in its graphics/textures for me. It's cartoonish, which is really good for using that game as a game, but I wouldn't want to use that as my photo taking platform. Even with the CC to make it better, there's still the limits in loading, I wouldn't want to load each lot of a large facility every time I wanted to go to a different stable. I personally will always use Sims 4 as a game to play, while Sims 3 is where I take my pictures and do my work.

• Honestly even if they do make horses for Sims 4 I'm still going to stick with my stable being in TS3. Not only due to the more realistic feel of graphics,the open world, and the tons of CC already available for it but...to me Sims 4 is just a fun game to play since it does run smoother than TS3, although the loading screens are annoying. So when I want to just play casually and start up a new game for fun to mess around on I usually play 4. Taking all my mods out so ts3 will run smooth enough for me to enjoy playing it and hoping that alone doesnt cause crashing is too much work for a few hours or so of gameplay lol. I don't really like comparing the two, though they are in the same series 4 went an entirely different (and slightly unexpected) direction than 3 so I can definitely understand why some people dont like it.

• Development Committee

I have Sims 4 but don't like it at all, after about the second ever up date it stopped working so I had to uninstall it and haven't bothered to re-download it since.

If they ever had horses in Sims 4 I could see it being in a Farming type EP of some sort maybe. The only thing that would make me want to play Sims 4 now would be if there were horses in it tbh, though I wouldn't recreate anything, I would just have a new separate Sims4 stable.

• I also have not moved to Sims 4 because I do not like the look of it. If they did add horses I probably still wouldn't go play it.

• they said that horses wontcome with pets

• I like sims 4 because for one there is no lag and it runs nice even on my dying computer, I also like the "cartoony" look but that's me I'm weird :joy_cat: If they would just add cats I would be happy! Its a fun game to play but I do have every expansion and stuff pack so maybe that is why I enjoy playing it so much! In my opinion sims 4 is a completely different game to sims 3 and I don't compare them with each other, they both have their strong and weak points like any game and I love them both! :D

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.