RKO Haven Estate

• It is Sunday and I have decided to take time off from studying, so I hopped on Elsabeth and did a little endurance training with her. Elsabeth is my Gypsy Vanner mare the only Vanner I have, I was expecting a stallion and two mares earlier in the year but I do not know what happened. I guess that is one more thing I need to add to my list to do and Kat is not happy about it. Clam down Kat, focus - all in all it has been a good day, Lets go home Elsabeth and give you a nice grooming and than Kat needs to go study. Until next time Tata

• It is Sunday evening and I just received a new Thoroughbred stallion, his name is RKO The Quiet Man and he is a rare cream color Thoroughbred with blue eyes even. I just got his papers from the stud book and he is in training for flat racing, with a bit of English pleasure just to keep him in condition. I think Duke is so awesome and back story on Duke is he is the first custom horse that I ever had in my game and he is the first coat color I made. Duke was a bay horse and I do not remember who his creator was but I love this horse very much. Duke was colored after one of my Peter Stone Thoroughbred model horses that I show in real life.
    RKO The Quiet Man - Duke 33820

• It is Tuesday and I had to take a break from studying, so what dose one do in this case - yep you guessed it you look at horses on the internet lol. In this case that was not a good idea because I found another breed of horse that I must have an ARABIAN!!! but not just any Arabian a Polish Arabian, so instead of research for homework I researched information on the Polish Arabian. This breed is almost has old has the Arabians of the desert, they stand at 14 to 15 hands at the withers, like it's Bedouin cousin a small yet powerful horse with beauty to match. So I looked for a stallion to start a herd with, I wanted a horse from the old lines and I always loved the look of the great Bask and guess what I found one. The owner called him Siglavy and is the great grand son of Witraz who is Bask's sire. The owner says the name Siglavy is a family name for this horse. He comes from the Siglavy Bagdady a horse that lived in year 1895, now that is a very old bloodline and so I decided to add him to my growing horse family. I have not seen a picture of the horse yet, but the owner says that he is a dark bay/brown horse. I can't wait to meet him. That is all for now Tata

• @Katharina-Opalhaven You and your La-De-DA studies. I love Duke. He is beautiful and I cannot wait to meet Siggy…I aint got time for those hoity-toity names in a foreign language...Smooches, Sis!

• @Francesca-Purpledawn You know Frankie a little studying goes a long way, you should try it some time Sis :D

• It is Wednesday and I received word that my new stallion has arrived safely to the his new home. I have not had a chance to look him over or even meet him. Dad say I picked a good stallion, my newly discovered dad Joseph has worked with horses most of his life because of his/ our family back ground. I have been so busy with schooling and all that goes with it that it seems all I do is eat, study and sleep. I do try to some my horses but I am thinking that I am going to change my riders around. I think I want to work with my new Arabian so dad said that he would work both of the Hanoverians, Beethoven and his daughter Gabby. I still have not place a horse with Robert yet so next show season he will be riding a horse or two most likely Robert will be working with Victoria and my GV mare Elsabeth. Alexander dose very will with my Thoroughbred so he will stay with my racers, with one exception Layla, my mother Una adores Layla and Layla seems to like her too. So that leaves lil old Kat with no horse for next show season and lot of school work. I should be done with veterinary at the end of this year and than it is looking for a vet clinic to call my own, the nice is It will cut down on my vet bills that in deal with every year. now I can give my horses shots and check ups the easy stuff, the rest will be done by more experienced veterinarians. Yep nothing but the best for my babies. Well that is it for now, Tata

Riding Schedule Roster for 2019
    Katharina Opalhaven - RKO Witraz Fetysz Siglavi (Siggy)
    Una H O Purpledawn - Alto Wine (Layla)
    Alexander B Kirk - RKO The Quite Man (Duke) and RKO Ginger Snap (Ginger)
    Joseph Ohanko - RHZ Beethoven (Beethoven) and GA' Bacardi (Gabby)
    Robert Opalhaven - FWEC Victoria (Vikky) and RKO Lady Elsabeth ( Elsabeth)

• It is Thursday and Thanksgiving, I just got home from school and Una made a nice dinner for everyone to enjoy, I enjoyed some food and went out to the stalls, I wanted greet all of horses, give them a lil treat and meet my new stallion. I also let everyone know what the plan was for next years show season. I walked over to the stud barn next when a flash of moving caught my eye, there he was in all his glory, a breath taking beautiful Arabian stallion running towards the fence to see what was going on. I knew that my polish Arabian was here at the Estate now but I was not expecting to see such a beautiful approaching me with tail flag and whinnies of greeting and he has not even meet me yet. It was as if this stallion and I knew each other all our life. I went over to him and when I was close enough to meet and give him a pat on his power neck, he rewarded me if a nicker. Well hello there fella, you sure a beautiful to behold, I never really understood the meaning of and I cote " the out side of a horse is good for the soul of a man" or woman in my case, it just gives me more proof that there is a God an he knows what I need just when I need it. Life has been very hard this past year and Lord knows I needed some thing I just didn't know what that was lol. I said Kat as I often do, this is your horse and you and he will be the best of friends. I have always though that Arabians where wonderful horses and now I get to see just how wonderful this breed of horse is. Well I need to go visit my other horses and it was hard to leave Siggy , but I will be seeing him again very soon. Siggy and I need to get started with training, He is so graceful That I will place Siggy in Liberty shows, because he sure did give me a show :D. Tata and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and those you love most.

*We Meet at Last:*

The Greeting:

Look no lead rope:

Now we are Flying:

Don't Worry I will return:

• It is Saturday and I finished my first exams for the university, I got an A which makes mom and dad very happy. The first thing I am going to do is enjoy a nice trail ride with Siggy my new Polish Arabian stallion. While I was at school I wrote up an advertisement for him to let everyone know we have an excellent stud ready to service their mares. I am very happy that I was able to purchase this awesome stallion. For now I am going to enjoy his company and think about getting him a herd of mares. I think he will produce some wonderful foals. Well that's it for now, Tata

• It is Monday and I was very pleased with the outcome of Siggy's and my first outing as a working team, I was watching a friend working his horse, they were in western outfit doing some Dressage moves. I asked my friend what he was working on and he told me that he and his horse was practicing their run for a show that he entered. I was interested in what it was called. My friend said that it was a new type of discipline to show horse in and it is called Western Dressage. So I took to my PC and instead of studying for school (I was on holiday anyway) and studied the rules for this type of show, tried it out with some of my horses that knew Dressage but it just rattled them, except for my new main guy Siggy, he took to the western Dressage like a champ and seem to really enjoy doing it. Siggy and I entered a show and we did way better than I thought we would. Siggy was great and I didn't do to bad if I say so myself lol. Well that's about it for now, Tata

• It is Friday and I woke not feeling very good, I think I have the flu, which is not good because I have home work to do and horses to work and I am not getting any thing done. Mom (Una) is driving me crazy mothering me. I tell her that I'm a grown woman, but she just tells me that I will always be her baby, so if it makes her happy to nurse me back to health, Kat will just have to deal with it I guess, though it is nice to have Mom give me a bit of attention. Well that's about all I have today, Tata

• It is Monday and today I am making sure that everyone here at the Estate knows which horses they will be working with in 2019. Robert was very excited to learn that he will be with Elsabeth and Victoria and so he was introduced to both mares and they seem to really take to him. I know I am taken with him(sigh), it was a good day and I am happy with leaving Vicky and Elsa with Robert. Now I just have to get with Dad (Joseph) and make sure that he is good with working with Beethoven and his daughter Gabby, I will miss Beethoven but I know Dad will do very well with him. Alex will still work with the Thoroughbreds so there is no change with this group. I will work with my new Polish Arabian Ziggy and Mom (Una) will keep working with Layla. I am so happy that I got this done, now I just need to worry about school work and Ziggy. That about it for now. Tata
    Robert and his new charges :D
    robertvickyelsab.png
    Una (Mom) and Layla :dagger :D
    mamaandlaya.jpg
    Me (Katharina) and Ziggy :D
    siggydmed2.png

• It is Wednesday and today Kats been a bad girl, so I was doing some home work but I needed a break and so - yep you guessed the net was calling saying check out some new horses and it was not long before I fell in love with a new breed of horse and I just had to have one. What is you ask - why it is a Miniature Gypsy Horse, it is a breed that is being worked on to prefect it. I love Gypsy Vanners and have often thought that it would be so nice to have the Vanner in miniature form. I love Miniature Horses and I was going to add one or two to my ever growing herd, but now with my discovery of this little wonder I contacted a breeder and ask how I may help bring this breed to reality and he said well all you need is a small Gypsy Vanner mare and I happen to have one Elsabeth she is on the small side for a Vanner. He than said now you need a good stallion either a Miniature horse or import a Gypsy Cob from the UK or better still get with someone such myself that has already done this and I just happen to have a nice stud for sell, He continued to say. I of course told him you just sold yourself a horse. His breeder told me that he is called Ian but dose not have a show name yet and the breeder was okay with me adding RKO to the name. So his show name is RKO Milord Ian McOrr, I used McOrr because Ian's breeder's name is Lliam McOrr. The breeder loved the name and so Ian is home now with me. I am so excited to have this lil fella running around and the odd thing is Siggy and Ian are becoming fast friends, that is until there is a mare around lol. Thats all for now, Tata

RKO Milord Ian McOrr - Ian Miniature Gypsy Horse
    rkomilordianmcorrab.png

If anyone would like to use my MGH template just send my a chat with your email :D

• This post is deleted!

• @Katharina-Opalhaven said in RKO Haven Estate:

"It is Monday and I was very pleased with the outcome of Siggy's and my first outing as a working team, I was watching a friend working his horse, they were in western outfit doing some Dressage moves. I asked my friend what he was working on and he told me that he and his horse was practicing their run for a show that he entered. I was interested in what it was called. My friend said that it was a new type of discipline to show horse in and it is called Western Dressage. So I took to my PC and instead of studying for school (I was on holiday anyway) and studied the rules for this type of show, tried it out with some of my horses that knew Dressage but it just rattled them, except for my new main guy Siggy, he took to the western Dressage like a champ and seem to really enjoy doing it. Siggy and I entered a show and we did way better than I thought we would. Siggy was great and I didn't do to bad if I say so myself lol. Well that's about it for now, Tata"

@Katharina-Opalhaven I was wondering what you was doin' out in the field with Siggy. You both looked good, but don't go lettin' that get to your head, my lovely hoity-toity Sis! Smooches!

• It is Saturday and I have just talked to dad about next years show season, I told him that I wanted to work with Siggy and help bring a new breed of horses into the horse world, we can never have too many breeds of horses I always say lol. Joseph (dad) said he under stood what I wanted to do and that he will be happy to handle Beethoven for me, so I packed Beethoven up and brought him to my Dad's place. I will miss seeing Bee at the main barn but Bee and my dad needed to get to know each other be for they start working together. I went home and worked with Siggy, Ian and than I made welcome Ian's new mate Bernadette, I will be helping to make the Miniature Gypsy Horse breed a reality and help to breed a true Gypsy Vanner in miniature. Will got to go for now lots to do. Tata

Joseph, Beethoven and his daughter Gabby
    beejoegabbyb.png

RKO Milady Bernadette McOrr - Bernie
    rkomiladybernadettmcorrb75a.png

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.