Calli's Blog - - 20th October

• What a great update. I love reading your stories. You really bring your characters to life.

• I second Skye about 100000%. Your talent with your pics and stories is insane and I always love to see your updates. I love the angles, the athmosphere.... Just <3 . I must do a little visit to your stables. :grin:

• PR Committee

@Maria-Jones said in Calli's Blog - 2nd October - An Actual Update:

yay an update :D
    ilove the atmosphere in your pictures and i also love reading your stories <3

My first update in two months...my laziness is reaching new heights recently :pray: Thank you <3

@Charlie-Smith said in Calli's Blog - 2nd October - An Actual Update:

I swear you have a magic touch when it comes to writing, id die to have writing skills like that yet my words seem to just splatter onto the page with no creativity to it :laughing: . But every story you write and every story here you post that i read is just beautiful, weather it be about your horses, stable or in this case one of your characters. :heart:

And dont get me started on how amazing your pictures look. They always have that 'realistic' look to them and tell a story on their own. I also love how warm they are and how aesthetically pleasing they look.

And to end of my little appreciation rant, boy oh boy do i love your horses, Almost to death :sweat_smile: I do hope to hear and see more of your characters, i think its so cool that you have the motivation to create such a character :heart_decoration:

Aww thank you <3 :blush: I'm terribly insecure and reluctant about posting my writing anywhere because I have this wonderful talent for just rambling rather than saying what I actually want to

@Ronan-Dhall said in Calli's Blog - 2nd October - An Actual Update:

Yaay an Calli update!

I love the whole atmosphere in your pictures, the lovely decorations (omg those little cute details like the popcorn, the tea / coffee cups, just soo cute!) and of course your awesome horses! <3

You're my master when it comes to writing :D loved it to read the little story :heart_eyes:

Well someone - Y O U - keeps prodding me to be more active :unamused: I did have lots of fun decorating the house for Benedict and discovering the sheer amount of coffee cups in my game...slight hoarding habit there I think :laughing:

@Jade-Nguyen said in Calli's Blog - 2nd October - An Actual Update:

so happy to see an update! i agree with everyone above me, so amazing <3

Thank you lovely <3

@Claire-von-Hohenfeld said in Calli's Blog - 2nd October - An Actual Update:

I really enjoyed reading your little story! You should definitely post more of them ❤ I also think Benedict is such a cool and rare name! Fun fact: I also have 3 Sims-Siblings: an elder brother and a boy and a girl as siblings :)

Aww, thank you <3
    I do plan to...I have this idea in my head that I want to slowly introduce all my main characters and actually give them a reason to exist in my game; but between loading poses, waiting for my game to actually work and also having motivation, I imagine I'll never actually finish this little idea of mine
    They sound lovely! I hope you'll show them off, I love seeing how people create families and relationships in sims :kissing_closed_eyes:

@Annalena-Voigt said in Calli's Blog - 2nd October - An Actual Update:

I love the mood the pictures add to the story :heart:

Thank you! That's thanks to weeks of arguing with different lighting mods to try and find one I actually like. I have this habit of picking ones either so dark I can't even make out my pixels or blindingly bright :sunglasses:

@Skye-Valens said in Calli's Blog - 2nd October - An Actual Update:

What a great update. I love reading your stories. You really bring your characters to life.

Thank you <3 I'm happy people actually enjoyed reading that update

@Keegan-Noble said in Calli's Blog - 2nd October - An Actual Update:

I second Skye about 100000%. Your talent with your pics and stories is insane and I always love to see your updates. I love the angles, the athmosphere.... Just <3 . I must do a little visit to your stables. :grin:

Aww thank you <3 Yesssss, you should visit! With a whole heap of those gorgeous Arabians that you won't get to take back with you :p <3

• Oh hun <3 Your pictures are amazing! I love looking at them again. I need to give myself more time to visit here more and get active again so i can see more of your amazing pics :D

• PR Committee

@Serena-Bass said in Calli's Blog - 2nd October - An Actual Update:

Oh hun <3 Your pictures are amazing! I love looking at them again. I need to give myself more time to visit here more and get active again so i can see more of your amazing pics :D

Serena! <3 I'm glad to see you around :D I need to get better at writing back to you, I always intend to...I just get so easily distracted :sweat: You do need to get active again, just to show off your gorgeous pixels! We miss you <3

• i am in love with your writing and your choice of pictures! amazing <3

• PR Committee

@Siri-Kane said in Calli's Blog - 2nd October - An Actual Update:

i am in love with your writing and your choice of pictures! amazing <3

Thank you! <3

• PR Committee

alt text
    Honeybrook was the closest she'd ever come to feeling like she belonged somewhere. Clumsy in an adorable way; skittish in a frustrating way and stubborn in a tempermental way that tested even the most patient of people, Demet was often considered unteachable and too weird for her own good. Things were either black or white - good or bad, no in-between. Her out-of-the-box creativity and passion made her stand out and deep down she knew she was only offered a job at the stables because of her sister Nazli.
    alt text
    She had arrived as a fresh-faced sixteen year old with her beloved gelding Moose; together they made a striking couple with their dark hair, but they were polar opposites. He was the perfect schoolmaster; calmly jumped every fence in sight, stood patiently for hours whilst she attempted to plait his mane for shows. She rushed everywhere, dropped brushes and pieces of tack across the yard and often shouted back when given orders. Then one dreary, soggy September morning she'd rushed into the tack room, unable to see over the stack of saddles she was desperately trying not to drop and walked straight into a strong pair of arms and the darkest eyes she'd ever seen.
    "Are you okay?"
    "Let me go -"
    "I think you mean thank you for not letting you fall..."
    "Get off me!"
    There was just...something about Benedict that drew her in despite the internal screaming in her mind. Suddenly she was promoted to his groom and got to spend hours watching him effortlessly exercise his show-jumping mares. It had been his idea for her to start joining him on his usual morning trail rides and she'd been beyond delighted the day he handed her the reins of the grey mare Illyquore.
    alt text
    Demet had never truly come out of her shell; her own insecurities kept her hidden away behind her dark hair and locked in her own messy mind that never stopped. But somehow Benedict had managed to invade her space, drag down the barriers she had built to protect her childlike personality until somehow she was willingly reaching out for him and missing him on the days he was gone.
    alt text
    They'd returned home from a German bloodstock auction early in the year with young Milo; a big bulky bay with as much fire and stubbornness as Demet. She'd begged, stamped her feet and even weakly attempted bribes until it was finally decided she could be his rider for the season. Although they'd had a disastrous time at shows, she fiercely adored the horse and when Benedict had tactfully suggested letting someone more experienced take over Milo's training, she'd simply ridden off and returned without Milo, refusing to tell anyone where he was.
    alt text

F e a t u r i n g - (In order of appearance)

• Nazli Valentini (left, big sister) and Clayton L - "Moose" - dark bay Oldenburg gelding, a true gentleman and a kind, lazy soul from @Therese-Lind
    • Honeybrook Illyquore - flea-bitten grey Oldenburg mare, and Benedict Rosella
    • Woodford's Mirage - bay Oldenburg mare from @Anna-Hertler - Poggle, Demet's own rescue dog - Honeybrook Wyvern 'N Widgeon (Milo) bay sabino Oldenburg stallion
    • Honeybrook Wyvern 'N Widgeon and Demet (left) and Nazli Valentini and VPE Red Label, bay-roan KWPN stallion from @Ellory-Clarke

I finally got round to finishing this. I'm definitely starting to regret trying to give life and meaning to my characters...it's just so much work :weary: I'm also stuck in updating-hell with so, so so many pixels and I still have the dreaded pleasure of updating main site profiles for each horse too. So I'm retreating back to slacking off and I shall enjoy doing nothing for the rest of the month at least.

Thanks for reading <3

• ROANNNNNNN! * Grabby hands *

• The pictures you take are soo great! I love the kitchen and baking supply picture, it is so detailed :heart: Also loved the little story, it really adds life to your sims at the barn :two_hearts:

• I... will just sit over here and sigh dreamily at your pictures. :heart_eyes: So many little details in the pics and the story. Just super duper lovely. <3 I adore the Fall feeling you get from your pics - makes me want to get out a huge sweater and a cup of tea.

• I really love your story telling and of course your horses are always amazing. I always love reading your newest updates. I can't wait to see where Demet's story takes her she is quickly becoming one of my favorite sims of yours. She is a great character and you really bring her to life.

• PR Committee

@Neeve-Kalford said in Calli's Blog - - 20th October:

ROANNNNNNN! * Grabby hands *

No stealing him :unamused: But you can visit him for snuggles, he likes snuggles <3

@Annalena-Voigt said in Calli's Blog - - 20th October:

The pictures you take are soo great! I love the kitchen and baking supply picture, it is so detailed :heart: Also loved the little story, it really adds life to your sims at the barn :two_hearts:

Thank you! <3 I do tend to go quite decor-mad when I actually get round to building and decorating and I have this new rule that after clogging up my game and wasting quite literally hours downloading stuff, I'm gonna find a use for it somehow xD

@Keegan-Noble said in Calli's Blog - - 20th October:

I... will just sit over here and sigh dreamily at your pictures. :heart_eyes: So many little details in the pics and the story. Just super duper lovely. <3 I adore the Fall feeling you get from your pics - makes me want to get out a huge sweater and a cup of tea.

I support the big jumper and tea idea, that's my own current situation today anyway :laughing:

@Skye-Valens said in Calli's Blog - - 20th October:

I really love your story telling and of course your horses are always amazing. I always love reading your newest updates. I can't wait to see where Demet's story takes her she is quickly becoming one of my favorite sims of yours. She is a great character and you really bring her to life.

Thank you <3 I'm quite happy with Demet and her different personality to Calli, so that's fun to play around with

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.