A a s m a r ka | Welcome to Norway! {15th February}

• Development Committee

alt text
    TRUST IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS

Aasmarka Hestestenter is a growing equestrian center, specializing in european breeds with a primary focus on the Norwegian Warmblood.

We are placed in the beautiful Norway - surrounded by mountains, hills and beautiful lakes all around. The estate is placed on a small land surrounded by birch and wild flowers, with a beautiful view over the wide blue ocean.

We like to believe that the fresh smell of the mountains are the reason why our horses are always born healthy and perform in an exceptional way on the competition arena. Our horses are born to handle jumps over water and to dance with their beautiful movements between the mountains covered in snow.

CONTENT <-
    Title Date
    Welcome to Norway! 15th February, 2018

• Development Committee

reserved

• Development Committee

reserved

• Development Committee

alt text
    Our property has a classical Scandinavian touch yet a top modern facility with inspiration from all three countries; but first and foremost - the Norwegian style. While going through our guided tour, you'll be met with red and white walls, and also the classical fences in Norway called Skigard. Further, we have newly placed fences in beautiful white wood, which gives a modern yet rustic finish to our estate. Among them we also have old, historical buildings which makes our history much more rich and exciting. Even more beautiful than the property itself is the landscape. Snowy mountains, hills and beaches, covered in lush forests consisting of birch and Norwegian spruce. Wildflowers and open fields, plenty of space to roam wildly and free. We hope you enjoy our little exterior tour, and you are welcome back to visit anytime!

Some words about the building process on these facilities

Phew, this took me forever.. I started working on these facilities in late 2015, but I've had such a hate, love relationship with these so I couldn't bring myself to finish them, but the last months I've been working like crazy on them and pushed myself to do it even when I just wanted to throw it away and delete the whole crappy, stupid thing. In late December I finally managed to finish almost finish them.
    --
    It all started with my love for Hallavaara, the world I first started out with when I began with equus in 2014/2015, after my equestrian center grew and my needs for mountains and lushy forests I switched to the lovely Praaven, but I got easily bored because everyone used it and there was nothing special about it. So I decided to practice my snowy mountain skills which by the way is way off and not good at all and edited it heavily, adding mountains and replaced trees to make it look even more nordic. And my goal was finally met in December! I've encountered several crashes, pattern issues, mesh issues and hours (years) of pain, sweat and tears on this journey, but I finally made it! I'm so proud of these facilities, you can't even imagine. Finally I have my set of 100% scandinavian facilities(which basically contains a mix of buildings from different centuries lol) , just like I've always wanted. I deeply, sincerely, hope you like these facilities as much as I do and that all these months and days with pain and crying intense work was worth it. Thank you for taking the time to read this and please enjoy this little guided tour <3

Alright, lets continue, shall we?

When you drive in to the estate the first building you'll see is our newly renovated main barn, the original barn was in such bad shape they had to tore most of if down and rebuild it, but parts of it still remains. Here there is also two apartments for staff, which is perfect because there is so many horses to keep an eye on. In this barn we both have stallions and mares.

alt text
    alt text
    alt text

Further we have a sneak peek at the unfinished 'the manor', a classical scandinavian home with a lot of inspiration from Swedish houses, this house was originally a timberhouse but parts of the wood was damaged so the same procedure as the main barn, but this time we decided to rebuild it and take inspiration from our fellow swedes instead of norway, we still kept the original foundation and original design of the building. Here lives the Sæterbakken and Durand family.

alt text

On the side of our house you'll find the paddocks and round pen, the paddocks are rarely used these days because our horses are outside at all hours during the days, winter, summer, spring or autumn - our horses are walking freely on the pastures no matter the weather or temperature. The barns are mostly used for grooming, farrier and vet visits, but also on occasions like shows.

alt text
    alt text

Further down the road you'll see the an old cozy barn. This is the old Smith couple's barn, built for them specially when they lived here for a century. Here you'll also find the stallions barn were all our finest stallions are stabled at, along with one of our two outdoor arenas. You'll also find another old barn, which would be the unused barn, it will soon be demolished to build an indoor for colder days. Most people think this building is haunted, we're not sure but there is definietly something creepy going on in there. No one dares to walk in there alone.

alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

^ The so called 'haunted barn'

Among all the top modern and renovated barns, you'll also find the oldest buildings on the property - the breeding barn, which is now used for the drafts, more accurate, our Dole horses. There is so much history whitin these walls, both new life and lost lives. Centuries of breeding and love has created such a beautiful history about lives created whitin these walls, many of the most sucessful Doles in history was born here. The barn is partly renovated, with fresh painting and isolated walls - and a new air system! There is also apartments in the top floor, created for tourists and for sleepovers when shows are held in the area.

alt text
    alt text
    alt text

Further we have the old storehouses and the home of our dearest lambs and sheeps - a success among the children.. Since the winter is still here, they are moved to a bigger sheep farm and will arrive back here around springtimes. Also, If you need to use the loo, we have an outhose for it, even though it is rarely used nowadays.

alt text
    alt text
    alt text

If you walk the path from the old property you'll be led to our second outdoor arena placed on the hill, with beautiful view over the whole estate. This also leads to the nature, beautiful lush forests, fields and mountains. If you walk a few minutes in this direction you will also come to our competition property, but on this tour you will not be able to see it. We'll spare it to the next time.

alt text

Thank you for joining our guided tour, we hope you all enjoy your time at Aasmarka Hestesenter! You are welcome back at any time!
    (and since the tour is over I'll just add a dash of random landscape and detail shots under here, enjoy!)

alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

That's it for now guys! I really hope you liked these photos, I've spent several weeks fiddling with reshade and it was killing me with being too bright or too dark . If I hadn't encountered these problems I would've posted these much sooner! I hope these pictures aren't "too much", they are not edited in any way, it's just my reshade and yes it's very bright(and beautiful). Only editing done here is cropping/resizing and adding my logo.

Btw I have so many lusher and prettier spring/summer pictures of these that I just can't wait to show you! <3 I'm currently going 'against the rules' and following the real life seasons here in Norway, and it's still loads of snow here unfortunately, so it will have to wait until I crave for springtimes!

• YESSSSSSSS.

Or should I say, JAAAAAAAAAAA. Diana! You sneaky minx, keeping this under your hat all this time. I don't even know where to start! That old school wooden fence is melting my heart- that, and the old brown log buildings of the breeding barn; they evoke so strongly these memories of my time in Norway, especially at Maihaugen, to the point where I feel I could step in, walk around, touch the wildflowers, smell the clear, northern air... Ack, it makes my heart hurt. :heart: :heart: You captured the essence of Norway so beautifully. Does Aasmarka mean anything particular? Also, curious: any theories among locals or staff as to who/what haunts the unused barn? :smirk: #stories

I love the lighting and conditions you've chosen to shoot in; there's a kind of... wild purity in the snow-covered landscape, but those beautiful blue skies make it seem friendly rather than ominous. I do hope you'll photograph it in the other seasons soon, please! because I'd love to see it looking all lush and summery.

Congratulations on playing the long game and finally finishing your home base! :house_with_garden: :confetti_ball: Not many people can say they've done that including me Now you have no excuse not to be taking more pictures for us...

PS. Didn't know the fence was called 'Skigard;' thank you for educating me.
    PPS. After learning that, I totally googled to see if it had anything to do with actual skiing...
    PPPS. (It doesn't.) :joy: :blush:

• Moderation Committee

I hope we are allowed to comment :zipper_mouth:

This is so undeniably scandinavian, I love it :drooling_face: Everything from the shade of the red to the classic old timey fences (gärdsgård in swedish :smile: ) is just spot on.... and all the snoooooow! :hugging:
    I can't wait to see it in spring!

Give yourself a good old pat on the back because this is amazing.

• This is so beautiful . I love norway & this so much norway.
    Everything fits so grear together.
    How long do you build on it?

• This is absolutely stunning! I can't wait to see what else you have to show us!

• Amazing! Cant wait to see your posts again. I missed your edits <3

• Wow! Those pictures are beautiful :)

• These photos are very realistic :) I like the Nordic style of the stable!!

• Brr, really looks cold!

• This is so awesome! :drooling_face:

• Development Committee

This post is deleted!

• Development Committee

:heart: :heart: :heart:
    You guys melt my heart! Thank you for making my day better!

@Ariadne-Waters said in A a s m a r ka | Welcome to Norway! {15th February}:

YESSSSSSSS.

Or should I say, JAAAAAAAAAAA. Diana! You sneaky minx, keeping this under your hat all this time. I don't even know where to start!

:see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: I like keeping things to myself, especially when it's basically half finished.. but right now I feel like it's finished enough to show the world!

they evoke so strongly these memories of my time in Norway, especially at Maihaugen, to the point where I feel I could step in, walk around, touch the wildflowers, smell the clear, northern air... Ack, it makes my heart hurt. :heart: :heart:

Omg!! Maihaugen is placed in the town I live in! :sun_with_face: I live very far from downtown but it's still in my city! Maihaugen is actually keeping one of my families old farm there (okay, far back in the family, but still family!) It's called Jørstad Gård and is one of the biggest farms on Maihaugen! It's the farm where the king and queen of Norway live every time they visit Lillehammer! :angel: and they have no idea who I am.... lol story of my life always in the backseat(or maybe the trunk because it's so far)

Does Aasmarka mean anything particular? Also, curious: any theories among locals or staff as to who/what haunts the unused barn? :smirk: #stories

Actually yes! In English, however, it just sounds really bad, it basically means "hills and fields equestrian centre (or horse centre)", but I think the closest English name for it would be Hillfield Equestrian Center! Not sure if there's actually a word for it in English so I did a translate on my very complicated stable name just in case lol

So Aas(Ås in 100% Norwegian) = Hill
    (Marka)Mark = (the) field
    Hestesenter = Equestrian Center/ Horse Center

Also before Norway got their own alphabet they used "aa" instead of the letter Å, so the "aa" thing is kinda from old times.
    And when it comes to the haunting... You'll see, I have lots of stories planned out for that particular barn :sunglasses:

those beautiful blue skies make it seem friendly rather than ominous.

I know I know, I was too lazy to edit the sky and it was so pretty because reshade :see_no_evil: but you'll soon see it in night time and all the other seasons and the haunted barn will look so creepy! haha

Congratulations on playing the long game and finally finishing your home base! :house_with_garden: :confetti_ball: Not many people can say they've done that including me Now you have no excuse not to be taking more pictures for us...

PS. Didn't know the fence was called 'Skigard;' thank you for educating me.
    PPS. After learning that, I totally googled to see if it had anything to do with actual skiing...
    PPPS. (It doesn't.) :joy: :blush:

I died of all the PS'es. Hahaha, actually Skigard is named that because it's usually Spruce cut in slices (?) Shoot. my bad English skills are now catching up on me and these slices or whatever it's named are called "Skier" in Norwegian. Not sure why they added gard behind really lol but it was usually used on farms back in the days, and since Gard means farm I guess it makes sense. The skigard actually has a different name in all the countries it's found in

And thank you thank you thank you, it was an absolute relief when I was finished with it! :heart: :heart: I'm still not 100% finished though
    Finally, I can spam everyone like sh*t and just throw all those facility shots at you!! :man_dancing: :homes:

@Elin-Fredriksdotter said in A a s m a r ka | Welcome to Norway! {15th February}:

I hope we are allowed to comment :zipper_mouth:

This is so undeniably scandinavian, I love it :drooling_face: Everything from the shade of the red to the classic old timey fences (gärdsgård in swedish :smile: ) is just spot on.... and all the snoooooow! :hugging:
    I can't wait to see it in spring!

Give yourself a good old pat on the back because this is amazing.

Yes, you are absolutely welcome to comment! :smile: I love the fact that this fence has different names in all of the countries it's being used in, like why can't we all just come up with a common name :sweat_smile: Thank you so much, Elin, it means a lot when it's coming from you! <3

@Mira-Green said in A a s m a r ka | Welcome to Norway! {15th February}:

This is so beautiful . I love norway & this so much norway.
    Everything fits so grear together.
    How long do you build on it?

Thank you! I've spent around 2 years finishing this up, mostly because I always stopped working on it.. So maybe around a year in total? Not entirely sure but it took a long time! :sweat_smile:

@Nora-Pigott said in A a s m a r ka | Welcome to Norway! {15th February}:

This is absolutely stunning! I can't wait to see what else you have to show us!

Thank you, Nora <3 I can't wait to show more, just need a break from my facilities atm, can't stand taking more pictures of it right now :')

@Neeve-Kalford said in A a s m a r ka | Welcome to Norway! {15th February}:

Amazing! Can't wait to see your posts again. I missed your edits <3

Thank you Neeve, it means a lot to hear that at least someone has missed me! <3

@Samantha-Jadirea said in A a s m a r ka | Welcome to Norway! {15th February}:

Wow! Those pictures are beautiful :)

Thank you, Samantha! :smile:

@Borja-Domecq said in A a s m a r ka | Welcome to Norway! {15th February}:

These photos are very realistic :) I like the Nordic style of the stable!!

Thank you, Borja! I spent a lot of time trying to get my reshade settings as realistic as possible. I'm glad to hear that it was noticeable :smile:

@Lidija-Rotherford said in A a s m a r ka | Welcome to Norway! {15th February}:

Brr, really looks cold!

It is cold, I'm freezing my hands off here! Even in irl, Norway is way too cold atm. I'm longing for spring but still, the landscape is so pretty covered in all the snow <3

@Constantine-Vale said in A a s m a r ka | Welcome to Norway! {15th February}:

This is so awesome! :drooling_face:

Thank you, Constantine, it means a lot! :smile:

• Åååh så nydelig :heart_eyes: Anyways i'm trying to achive that "norwegian style" and i barely did it but omg you rock this! Soooo beautiful, i cant even imagine how much time it took you to build this. :heart_exclamation:

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.