Interesting observaton

• Ok so, I don't know how many of you have experienced this to a greater or smaller extent, but for me the main site has been lagging like absolute crazy. I mean it takes forever and a half to go in and e.g. fix a typo in a pedigree. Last time I went in to correct something on a horse's profile, it should have been click, click, button, button, button, button, button, click, done! But it took four minutes! Literally, three clicks and four button strokes took four minutes!!! And I won't even get into the banking system...

But, and here's where my obervation comes in. Today I was going in to do something on the main site, and of course it started lagging like crazy first thing. Now, I usually run Firefox, but today I got so frustrated I thought ok let's try something different. So I opened the main site up in Chrome. Guess what?! No lag when editing horse profiles (I tried a couple just to make sure) and minimal when using the bank! So I guess from now on I'll be using Chrome whenever something needs doing on the main site!

• Hmm.. I have the lagging issue no matter what browser I'm using. Sometimes it's super laggy, and sometimes not laggy at all. Probably bandwidth or ram. AKA I've just chalked it up to it being hosted on a crap server. lol

ETA: It should also be noted the further you are from the server itself the higher the latency you will have.

Here's a ping test I just ran.
    Fremont-California | 71ms
    Toronto - Canada | 28ms (Probably where the server is hosted)
    Singapore - Singapore | 250ms

• Breed Committee

Yeah it lags a fair amount for me too, no matter what I do. Just have to have paitence xD

• Patience is not my virtue... And well, compared to what I'm used tothis expernce in Chrome is an utter blessing. I live in Sweden, so based on distance it should give me a fair ammount of lag too.

• Administrators

I use Chrome and it will start to lag badly for me if I haven't cleaned my browser cache and cookies in a while, if you haven't tried that already for Firefox it may help

• I have not come across lagging when I and doing some thing, but I am not always on when the site may be busy. I hope it will start working right for you soon.

• @Katharina-Opalhaven It hasn't been working "right" for over a year... The only thing that's changed is that I now get severe lag when editing horse profiles, whereas it used to be only the bank that made me wanna pull my hair out. xD

• Relieved that I am not the only one that suffers severe lag when doing anything with the bank on the mane site.

@Kaitlyn-Lewis said in Interesting observaton:

ETA: It should also be noted the further you are from the server itself the higher the latency you will have.

Here's a ping test I just ran.
    Fremont-California | 71ms
    Toronto - Canada | 28ms (Probably where the server is hosted)
    Singapore - Singapore | 250ms

Not sure if server is hosted in Canada, I'm about 5-6 hrs from Toronto and sometimes lag is so bad I can't even get on the banking

• Perhaps not. I'd suppose somewhere near, though. You can actually check your own ping to the server with CMD if you're on windows.

• Competition Committee

I guess I'm also one of the lucky ones. I never experience any lag on the main site, but then I have always used chrome : ) The only time I have had issues is when the server has been down, but then it has been down for everyone so xD

• Ah when it comes to banking, I click then I go eat something ;)
    It depends on a day. One day it's very smooth and almost painless, the second it takes few minutes for page to load. And sometimes it loads that long I have errors.
    I'm in middle europe so ping can be high, but yeh.

• I have lots of lag and I always use chrome. :/ rip.

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.