Sycamore Stud's Blog [3/07] Baby's First Show

• Great shots! I always love to see some casual everyday pictures :heart:

• Great pictures and I enjoyed the stories too.

• Replies:
    @Annalena-Voigt thank you so much! I really love seeing candid, casual pictures too.
    @Katharina-Opalhaven thank you, I appreciate it!

Chilly Weather

alt text
    bigger | unedited

It's beginning to get chilly on the farm. We haven't clipped the horses quite yet so we haven't had to dust off the blankets (we look forward to how they will be shredded this year), but you can definitely feel the brisk air and chilly wind. No snow yet! :snowman2: Anyways, here is Elephant and his rider Savannah, who is wondering why she forgot her gloves at home.

• Take good care of your horses! I will come and steal them all 😈(joke ❤️) They are sooo pretty😍 I couldn't decide which the prettyest is

• Replies:
    @Anna-Winters lol thank you! I also have a hard time picking favorites. :heart_eyes_cat:

Santa Has Come

alt text

Snow isn't even due to hit SC until this Saturday but Santa came early this year in the form of @Nathalie-Jensen! She gave us this sweet Arab cross mare that is loving the attention she is getting on the farm. Sorry for the quick edit, really wanted to see her in game and also have an excuse to not study for my finals anymore. ;)

• Love to see such a unique post on here, your mare looks so sweet!

• @Rena-Cort thank you! the usual pictures of pasture ponies or working ponies can be boring sometimes. ;)

• Santa's Reindeer

alt text

bigger | unedited

Whipped this up for the Glöggrun show over on ES. Might have gotten too into editing? But it's fine. It's cute anyways. The horse is our always lovely and incredibly tolerant mare Image Perfect of Winmallee, ridden by overly creative Clementine.

• This is so cute and so so well edited :heart:

• @Annalena-Voigt thank you so much, that is super kind. :)

Annie

alt text

unedited

Decided to try my hand at a black room portrait. I will definitely need more practice, but I don't think it's terrible. :) Here is our lovely mare Anticipation, who can never just look nice for the camera.

• Cool marking :D and the Santa rider is awesome :D

• I love Annie and her mare stare!

• You have really beautyful horses!😍

• Replies:
    @Katharina-Opalhaven thank you! she is definitely a special mare. :)
    @Maggie-York my annie reigns supreme.
    @Robin-Levine thank you so much!

Mallory's Mounts

With the holidays here and finals over, I am home from university and well... I have too much time on my hands during the day.

Our barn manager and trainer Mallory West has decided to take on two new mounts for her own, as she previously only showed CE Afacan, who will be coming up on retirement in the next few years.

alt text

bigger | unedited

This is an old face with a new look, and also an Afacan baby, CA Airborne. She was bred for a friend a few years back but unfortunately that friend is no longer active on Equus (Melanie come back we miss u). So anyways, this sweet mare can be found in the show jumping ring come the next show season. She may be offered for sale eventually, but time will tell if we grow too fond of her. :monkey:

alt text

bigger | unedited

This lovely is our Secret Santa gift that was featured a few posts back before the dreaded snow arrived. We have decided she's going to be our first TREC mount and Mallory is excited to move into something other than show jumping. :snowman2:

Thanks for visiting. :snowflake:

• I wish Mallory the best for her new career! Your editing is flawless :heartbeat:

• Gorgeous horses and beautiful editing! I love the small map in Mallory's hands, very detailed and greatly executed editing :heart:

• Absolutely adore your album - it's one of the first I check for updates when I log in after being away for a while :laughing: Your editing seems to get better and better with every picture you post, and I just love how effortless it all looks. Nothing is over-complicated or over-edited, it's just such a perfect balance <3 the composition, the lighting, the editing... ugh I love it all. I'm still baffled at seeing the unedited picture of that gorgeous indoor jumping show entry.. how the heck did you get that lighting!!??? whats the secret? :laughing: really makes me want to get back into editing.

• im stealing airborne because shes a fine addition to my monty baby collection thank

• Is she reading a map on horseback? xD

• @Charlie-Smith said in Sycamore Stud's Blog [12/13] New Horses:

I wish Mallory the best for her new career! Your editing is flawless :heartbeat:

Thank you so much! :two_hearts:

@Annalena-Voigt said in Sycamore Stud's Blog [12/13] New Horses:

Gorgeous horses and beautiful editing! I love the small map in Mallory's hands, very detailed and greatly executed editing :heart:

Thank you!! I feel I sometimes go overboard with the editing, so I hope it isn't overwhelming. Thank you for the sweet words. :)

@Eowyn-Vance said in Sycamore Stud's Blog [12/13] New Horses:

Absolutely adore your album - it's one of the first I check for updates when I log in after being away for a while :laughing: Your editing seems to get better and better with every picture you post, and I just love how effortless it all looks. Nothing is over-complicated or over-edited, it's just such a perfect balance <3 the composition, the lighting, the editing... ugh I love it all. I'm still baffled at seeing the unedited picture of that gorgeous indoor jumping show entry.. how the heck did you get that lighting!!??? whats the secret? :laughing: really makes me want to get back into editing.

This is probably the sweetest comment I have received in the years I have been on Equus, especially from someone that I have forever admired and have always found inspiration in your work. Thank you so very much. :heart:

@Maggie-York said in Sycamore Stud's Blog [12/13] New Horses:

im stealing airborne because shes a fine addition to my monty baby collection thank

you need to be stopped before you become a hoarder lmfao

@Lidija-Rotherford said in Sycamore Stud's Blog [12/13] New Horses:

Is she reading a map on horseback? xD

It's mounted orienteering. :slight_smile:

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.