Absaroka | SPH Pensacola Blues (Grade Challenge)

• I love your arabians, they're really stunning :)
    Ekspertka is probably my favorite.

• Great story & the horse is realy stunning

• @Mathilde-Dahler said in Absaroka | Maintaining Fitness: > I love your arabians, they're really stunning :) > Ekspertka is probably my favorite.

Thank you! I wish I could take credit, she was imported for us by Breanna. She is the only one so far that actually looks like an Arabian lol

@Mira-Green said in Absaroka | Maintaining Fitness:

Great story & the horse is realy stunning

Thank you!

@Breanna-Fahnestock said in Absaroka | Maintaining Fitness:

She looks great! Can't wait to see how she does with you in competitions!

Of course! She's waiting in the registration queue now

• I entered the RP dressage phase with Ekspertka

NA Ekspertka
    alt text

Brooke Gubler let out a long sigh before replacing Ekspertka’s halter with a bridle. Today was the first show with her new mare, and Brooke couldn’t swallow her nerves. She climbed on and walked Ekspertka out to the warm-up pen. As long as she focused on movement, her nerves and excitement couldn’t take over. She eased Ekspertka through her range of motion, asking her to extend, stretch, and stay relaxed. Maxine appeared near the pen and waved Brooke over. It was her turn next.

The pair trotted out, thankful that the introductory level had an arena with natural light. Brooke didn’t think she could take harsh stadium lighting. She swallowed hard, went through the pattern one last time in her head, and began their performance. Ekspertka behaved beautifully, but it was clear that Brooke had been focusing on dressage as a supplement, a form of strength-training for their endurance horses, instead of as the main event for a long time. Ekspertka, flashy as ever, swished her tail and lifted her knees high throughout the test. She seemed to enjoy dressage as much as Brooke did, a good match. By the middle of the test, Brooke had calmed down, gotten into a ‘groove’, and the difference was easy to see. Ekspertka is a megaphone, she reflects and amplifies any feeling her rider has. The pair ended in 5th place.

“Pretty damn good for her first show” Maxine smiled, meeting Brooke at the exit of the arena. Brooke hopped down and lead Ekspertka by the reins.

“Understatement of the year, Max! She’s a natural. I think she just likes the attention.” The last sentence was directed at Ekspertka, who received a good neck scritchin’ and her favorite apple/oat cookie as a reward for a job well done.

Lachlan Matthews speed walked past leading Absaroka Monaco out of the Training level show.
    “Last one to finish clean-up buys drinks!”

• She is such a pretty girl. And congrats on placing so well in her first show!

• Thank you! She did a wonderful job

• She made sure her rider relaxed :P Pretty mare!

• She did, Brooke is so happy with her!

• Max, Brooke and Lachlan here are showing off my advent poses in the RP phase of the current barrels show. Big thanks to @Sadie-Woodson for loaning me these four beauties! Download for the posepack here: link

RWH Spooks Gotta Lover

alt text

RWH Merry Go Round

alt text

Hunting's Rebellious Fury

alt text

Hunting's Hollywood Super Villian

alt text

• Solarus hadn’t been herself the whole trip. She never traveled well, but this trip seemed especially rough. She had been anxious through the whole trip, refused water the first day they were in Wyoming, and only nibbled her feed. Regardless, the two days before the race had been an improvement, she finished her rations and drank like normal, and Maxine and the show vet signed her off as in condition to ride. Julianne and Sol set off, Sol throwing her head constantly and coming to a screeching, ears-pinned halt at the slightest movement of the reins. They arrived at the first vet checkpoint at a walk, Sol worked into an utterly unreasonable lather for the first checkpoint. Julianne explained Sol's behavior and wondered aloud:
    “I can’t work out what’s wrong. I checked her feet, her tack, everything should be fine! Should we just pull her?”
    Maxine looked at the exhausted mare and nodded.
    “Definitely, and I’d like you to look her over when you’ve got time. I’d pay you like a regular visit, of course.” She said to the on-site vet.
    “Absolutely, and no charge, what am I here for if not this?” The vet replied.
    The two women chatted while the vet looked over Solarus.
    “I never should have even started her today, I knew something was off. She hasn’t been herself all week, what was I thinking?!”
    “Julianne, don’t be so hard on yourself. Really, I’m the guilty one. I signed off on the ride.”
    “I guess, but I’m her rider, I should notice this BEFORE we put her through that stress.”
    “Hey ladies, I think we’ve found our problem!” the vet called the two women over. He lifted Sol’s lips to reveal dozens of ulcers.
    “These were all over her mouth, she must have gotten into some cheatgrass. The bit was rubbing on these and causing all sorts of pain.”
    “Poor baby” Julianne said, guilty and sad. They pulled Sol immediately and Maxine called the stable to have them check the fields.

alt text

• I just love Merry Go Round, her markings are so cute!

• Thank you! I'm so glad Sadie let me borrow her horses for those

• I love your horses, and all the RP stories. It's really nice :clap_tone1:

• alt text

Some of you may have noticed the new logos in my signature. I finally have a logo I'm happy with for Absaroka, but the other is a logo for my new western stable! Introducing Sawtooth Performance Horses. Our focus is on American Indian Horses in Reining, Western Trail, and Cutting. Here are our three founding stallions!

HMR Jax O' Fool
    alt text
    alt text
    A chestnut American Quarter Horse with 116 points in Reining and 97 points in Ranch Versatility
    HMR Dun it Quick
    alt text
    A buckskin splash American Quarter Horse with 106 points in Reining and 69 points in Working Cow Horse.
    EER Buena Cash Those Chex
    alt text
    A liver chestnut splash American Quarter Horse with 124 points in Reining and 92 points in Western Trail.

All three stallions are available for stud and more information can be found in the Western Club's Studbook!

• alt text

I've been working on a proper facility for Sawtooth for a while now, and I'm finally ready to show it off.

In a dry valley in central Colorado, you can find the facilities of Sawtooth Performance Horses. A ranch dedicated to the training and promotion of quality American Indian Horses. Using bloodlines stretching back hundreds of years, with some outcrossing of modern horses including American Quarter Horses and Spanish Mustangs, we intend to breed AIHs anyone would be proud to ride.

alt text

Welcome! The entrance to Sawtooth begins with the home and office of Adeline Walker, you'll meet her soon. To the left is the parking structure for our trailers and trucks. Behind the house, to the right, you can see our covered outdoor arena.

alt text

Here you can see the stallion barn and pens

alt text

This is what the interior of the barns look like, a bit dark, but we like it!

alt text
    alt text

The feed and tack rooms in the mare/gelding barn. I love those soap and paper towel racks in the feed room.

alt text

A tack shed with cones for training next to the covered arena.

alt text

The foaling barn and turnout.
    and finally...

alt text

The feed room in the foaling barn

• Your facilities look amazing. The tack and feed rooms look so nice. I love the darker colors.

Me and my AIHs can move in or? :sweat_smile:

• text

I'd like to introduce our founding mares. Unlike our stallions, both are American Indian Horses.

SPH Brebaje de Brujas
    alt text

Witch is a purebred Spanish Mustang that we've decided to register as an AIH. This makes her a type A AIH, a horse that fits the type, but whose bloodlines cannot be traced to horses held by Native American tribes. They also contain no modern breeding from breeds like AQH, APH, or Appaloosas. We aquired her from a breeder in Lisbon, North Dakota. Her name translates to 'Witches Brew' from Spanish.

Pss Tiki Command
    alt text

Tiki is a type AA AIH. She was made for us by Katherine Star Ackles

• alt text

Spring has brought the first foal crop to Sawtooth! Three beautiful foals have joined us.

SPH Commander Chex
    alt text
    by EER Buena Cash Those Chex out of Pss Tiki Command
    SPH Dun With These Ties
    alt text
    by HMR Dun It Quick out of SPH These Ties are Binding
    SPH Foolin' These Witches
    alt text
    by HMR Jax O' Fool out of SPH Brebaje de Brujas

• awwww cute lil horsies <3

• alt text

We've recently purchased two beautiful mares from Kody Böhming and Andrea Burdine. We introduced them carefully in the quarantine pasture but there was no problem. They hit it off immediately. By the end of the 30 days, the two were inseparable.

Rosewood's Chrysalis
    alt text

(The silver black roan on the right)

OCS Canary Diamond
    alt text

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.