Easy Show Entry w/ LastPass Formfill

• Administrators

Hey guys!
    In my recent internet adventures I've come across a way to enter a horse in a show in... 4? clicks, with a little set-up time!

For this you will need:

• LastPass free (free)
    • A cool youtube video or something to keep you entertained while you set up (also free)
    • A keyboard (not free)

I've written this tutorial using lastpass but other password managers/similar programs may also have this capability.
    This tutorial & supporting links support Chrome browser, which is what I use. If you use another browser then you may need to do some brain-thinking on your own to get the same results.

Step 1: Setting up LastPass

• Make a lastpass account on your computer & grab the browser addon it suggests. (If it doesn't,
      try here. )
      Lastpass free allows only one device type, so don't sign up on your phone first!

Step 2: Opening the FormFill section

• Click on the browser addon icon
    • Select form fills - add form fill or open my vault - form fills and click the red + in the bottom right corner to make a new form fill.
      0_1509930322924_step2.PNG

Step 3: Adding Horses

• In the 'add form fill' dialog window, give a name to this form fill. I suggest something like "Equus_Show_horseName" so you can easily search for & identify it later.
    • Open the 'custom fields' tab, where you will see two columns of text boxes labelled 'Text to find' and 'Value to fill'
    • You'll want to fill in the 'Text to find' side with the names for the sections of the show entry form, these are:
    Horse ID:
    Horse Name:
    Ridden By:
    Owned By:

0_1509930327787_step3.PNG

• You'll notice I've strategically not mentioned the 'Class Entered' section - because this changes as your horse progresses! Best to leave that for you to enter manually. Pluusss if you dont put a level in then this can work for any discipline!
    • Fill in each horses information on the right-hand text boxes in the column. Make sure they're correct with no spaces before or after!
    • The bad news: You will need to do this for every horse. I'm sorry.
    • The good news: Unless you change their name or rider, you'll only need to do it once!

Step 4: Entering Shows!

• Open the entry form for the show you want to enter & click the little icon thingy in the Horse ID bar. (1 click)
    • Select your horse from the list or use the handy little search tool & type in a few letters of their name. (1+ clicks)
    • Pick a level (1 click)
    • Click submit (1 click)
      0_1509931514788_step4.PNG

Enjoy!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    @Samantha-Lockhart said in Easy Show Entry w/ LastPass Formfill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjY0vgL4nUk&feature=youtu.be

I made a video on how to use LastPass to enter horses into shows without the form fill option! I hope it helps you all out!

• PR Committee

Elsie. You are a hero.

• Administrators

My god, what did we do to deserve you?

• you da real mvp

edit; just to clarify, you dont download the extension that it prompts you to download when you create an account, but one from the place you've linked here? I'm not getting a form fill section?

• Administrators

YMMV. Try both

• You know I never thought to use it for that. I use it to backup allot of my other more important things...

• Moderation Committee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjY0vgL4nUk&feature=youtu.be

I made a video on how to use LastPass to enter horses into shows without the form fill option! I hope it helps you all out!

• Administrators

Thankyou thankyou thankyou

• Thank you so much! I could not get this to work and it was driving me crazy.

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.