Why the pixels on my horse.

• If you can see there are purple spots on his rump as well as a few other of my horses and I've removed tack and put tack back on and nothing changes at all. Only time it does change is when I make em nekkid :rolling_eyes:

alt text

• It's not something that can be fixed and has been around since CC started being created. It's due to the amount of objects placed on the horse from what I've managed to google and find out about it

• But even when its just the bridle, saddle pad, and leg gear he and all my other horses are still the same. UGH! I have to readd them to the family again I bet :angry:

• Administrators

This is a bug in the sims game itself where adding any tack at all causes purple squares to appear on the horse. More tack makes it worse, and being naked of all tack fixes it. Sorry- no solution. Just a part of sims 3 horse life.

• PR Committee

A boring and painful workaround is taking two pictures at the exact same angle - ctrl+5/6/7/8 (I'm sure there's more those are just the 4 I use :P ) can save a tab angle and shift+5/6/7/8 can bring it back - one naked and one with the rider and tack then overlay and erase the horse parts in Photoshop to make the pixels disappear. More work, but they won't be there in the finished result.

• It's affecting my dressage horses as well and they only have the saddle pad, saddle, bridle, and an ear bonnet on. I'm in a rut and am going to rip my hair out because of it.

• Administrators

read previous replies :D having more than one or two pieces of tack can cause it to start, what you're talking about is pretty normal.

• Administrators

@Luke-Teth said in Why the pixels on my horse.:

A boring and painful workaround is taking two pictures at the exact same angle - ctrl+5/6/7/8 (I'm sure there's more those are just the 4 I use :P ) can save a tab angle and shift+5/6/7/8 can bring it back - one naked and one with the rider and tack then overlay and erase the horse parts in Photoshop to make the pixels disappear. More work, but they won't be there in the finished result.

I personally just use the clone tool in Photoshop.... it takes minutes, if that, and no painful picture line ups. I can't imagine doing that. :grimacing:

• @Elsie-Spectre it's weird! Because it shouldn't even be affect my horse that has just 2(saddle pad and ear bonnet) accessories on compared to a jumper that would wear about 3(breast plate, saddle pad, boots). I'm hopingstrongly hoping that if I try without the ear bonnet it won't happen again if it's the ear bonnet then I'm pulling it off my game so I don't risk using it again.

It never happened before in the past either when Equus did traditional shows.

• Administrators

@Serenity-Gwin said in Why the pixels on my horse.:

it's weird!

Yes, that's typically how glitches act :stuck_out_tongue: Best of luck but you're probably going to have to learn to fix it with editing if you want your horses to wear a certain amount of tack, as it's a known issue with the game itself and not a solvable issue.

• Administrators

Please note that it isn't just accessories, it's tack as a whole. Even just a saddle and bridle can cause it to start. You're addressing this like it's an avoidable bug caused by a piece of tack, when general knowledge & experience is that it's a game bug we have learned to live with.
    By all means - experiment with different pieces of tack & report any interesting results, but the community does not have a solution for you outside of photoshop.

• Aww I hate Photoshop, now I have to reteach myself how to edit again those fine lines if I can't fix it. Which I'm hoping I can, but I doubt it. But with how things have also changed over the year with our CC and all it wouldn't surprise me that things collide, I'm just surprised that it didn't affect me in the past or it did and it just was unaware of it at that current time because it wasn't as visible.

Edit: time to Photoshop

• I know we can't do anything about it but.

When my horses are naked especially on Ararat you can see the markings are a bit pixeled.

I played with graphics and no changes kinda funny tbh but upsetting :p

• A long time ago (perhaps three or four years, I do not remember exactly) I suffered a similar problem. In my case, they were not purple pixels, they were gray / black lines that ran through the bodies of some horses. Luckily not all, but I was quite upset when I had to take pictures.

I solved it by changing my graphics card. Since then those dark lines disappeared.

• @Irene-Crownguard that's what I'm planning to do. Get a new graphics card, new battery, and expand the memory. Things I needed to do ages ago. I just can't do my shopping while I'm at work because I forgot what kind of laptop I have.

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.