Expansion packs gone?

• Hello guys.

I just tried to open my game to make some new horses for the raffle, as horses #30 and #31 are the last ones I have for the raffle. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, all my expansion packs are gone. Every single one of them. When I loaded my game first I didn't even realise, until I went to create a horse, which was not there. I turned the game off and on again, and the very first loading screen was the base game screen. "Maybe it's the Origin?" I thought, but I tried turning it on and off as well, and same thing happened. I had the game on like two days ago, making the horses that were raffled over past days, and everything was perfect.

Right now my game is loading for 20th time with a very tiny spark of a hope that it will work correctly now, as I don't want to stop the raffle in the middle of the month. Update: base game loading screen welcomed me once again. Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Task Manager, shut "The Sims 3" and let's go once again.

I will be so grateful and I will appreciate any help or advice with what to do about this.

• Competition Committee

@Kia-Williams are your expansions and stuff packs still listed under the 'Expansions and Stuff' tab on the launcher? This sometimes happens to me and all I have to do is check mark whichever packs I want to play with and things load up fine.
    Otherwise, the only other option is to redownload the packs from Origin. Usually if you've paid for them before, it will ask you if you want to redownload when you try to buy them again.
    If that doesn't work, then I don't know......but I hope that helped in some way?

• @Chloe-Dunbar said in Expansion packs gone?:

@Kia-Williams are your expansions and stuff packs still listed under the 'Expansions and Stuff' tab on the launcher? This sometimes happens to me and all I have to do is check mark whichever packs I want to play with and things load up fine.
    Otherwise, the only other option is to redownload the packs from Origin. Usually if you've paid for them before, it will ask you if you want to redownload when you try to buy them again.
    If that doesn't work, then I don't know......but I hope that helped in some way?

Oh my God, they all were unchecked for some reason! I didn't even know about that tab :o

• Competition Committee

@Kia-Williams yeah, it's really strange. It happens every so often and I get into my thinking everything's hunky dory, only to find that all my expansions aren't running :P so hopefully that's fixed things for you?

• An thats why I don't use Origin and did not upgrade past 1.67

• Im late to the comment train, but this happened to me one time and i managed to work something that fixed it - well for me anyways.

I also run it through Origin, and i never really use it as it only shows up when i exit my game each time. So i didn't think it was Origins issue.

I loaded my game once and none of my expansions showed up. I quit the game and loaded my launcher (after checking Origin to make sure it wasn't that) and looked through the buttons on the side in the launcher. You know the ones that say installed content, downloads etc?

On my launcher there is a button that says expansions and stuff, now i clicked on there and that shows you what expansion packs you have installed and what not. It seemed to be that none of them were ticked, so none of them were in my game. With a quick click of all of them (or whatever ones you want to have), i loaded my game up and it was back to normal :slight_smile:

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.