Equus Title Naming

• PR Committee

Welcome to the Equus Title Naming!

Shiny new leaderboards mean shiny new titles for your horses. Equus is looking to introduce new and individual title names in the new year tailored to each discipline. There will still be five titles to earn, but each will now better reflect the sport your horse competes in.

We are asking members to help us name these new titles! All of your suggestions will be considered and recorded, and approved submissions will be featured on our leaderboards. If you have any questions or comments please post below.

Guidelines

• Titles should be reflective of the discipline. We don’t want a Supreme Cow Horse title for dressage.
    • Members may submit as many entries across as many disciplines as they like.
    • If the exact title is suggested more than once, the first member gets credit for it.

Winners will receive

• Credit on the leaderboard list thread
    • $2’000 per title we end up using
    • HONOR AND GLORY

~

• Administrators

Equus still needs your brains for title names! Throw in anything you've got floating around in your head and get 2k for each one we use!

• I still don't think we need to let each discipline have their own designations... What's wrong with the generalized ones that we have? Couldn't we just change them up?

Local
    State
    National
    International
    Olympic

• PR Committee

I really liked the old discipline committee names. I wish I was more helpful but unfortunately I'm not super creative.

• Administrators

If there are any you particularly liked then feel free to post them here! I'm afraid we can't compensate you for them but they might make it in!

• @Breanna-Fahnestock said in Equus Title Naming:

I still don't think we need to let each discipline have their own designations... What's wrong with the generalized ones that we have? Couldn't we just change them up?

Local
    State
    National
    International
    Olympic

I really like this idea honestly. The addition of Olympic and moving everything back one to replace regional it something i really like. I vote this one.

• How about Legend for the Top Title, it seems fitting for a horse that has reached the Pinnacle of its career. I have no suggestions for the others.

• Administrators

We're changing up the title names in response to countless feedbacks that we put more effort into making the disciplines unique and encouraging RP, so keeping the titles the same across disciplines and just shuffling them isn't an option we're considering at the moment.
    Send in your ideas for discipline titles! I know you're out there with your brains and your words and your good ideas!

• @Johanna-Masters said in Equus Title Naming:

I really liked the old discipline committee names. I wish I was more helpful but unfortunately I'm not super creative.

This! I for example loved the old dressage titles, they were prestigious yet short – I find for example "Show Jumping International Champion" too long and... boring. I wish I could suggest something but my skill level isn't that high I could be that creative with foreign languages :/

• I do like the boring generalised ones (with the addition of Olympic), but if their has to be different titles per discipline then I second some of the old title names, especially the dressage and show jumping/hunter ones!

Saut
    Monte
    Volant
    Nuage
    Etoile

were the old HJC ones

Espoir
    Stagiare
    Coryphée
    Danseur/Ballerina
    Passi Excelsus/Passi Excelsa
    Regis Balleto/Regina Balleta

were the dressage ones.
    Any chance we could bring back the ribbon/awards from these too? the dressage ones were particularly amazing!

For Field Hunters I was maybe thinking some old foxhunty-esque titles? Like Huntsman, Field Master, Hilltopper, First/Second Flight? though I totally understand the reluctance to maybe use these.

Classical Dressage could possibly use the name of movements? though that might be a bit weird.. Courbette, Capriole, Levade/Pesade, Ballotade and Mezair. or maybe miltary ranks, as I'm fairly sure it has its roots in the military.

Driving perhaps the names of different carriages, from simpler ones to fancier ones? Barouche, Landau, Chaise, Cabriolet, Dormeuse, Phaeton etc?

I feels weird using such cutesy names when we are so geared toward realism though. Novice, Discovery, Newcomer, Grassroots, Premier and Derby are some fairly general, more realistic ones that could fit into sj/eventing.

anyway, just my two cents :laughing:

• Just wondering, since eventing have got their old titles back - will it be the same for dressage and show jumping too? or will these stick with the ones that are there now or are there some new names in progress?

• Administrators

@Christina-Lindblad said in Equus Title Naming:

Just wondering, since eventing have got their old titles back - will it be the same for dressage and show jumping too? or will these stick with the ones that are there now or are there some new names in progress?

We are only considering title suggestions that are submitted to the form above- the only old titles that were submitted were Eventing. You can see what has been submitted in the link in the first post. 😄

• Draft Horse Showing
    Dirt Puller
    Heavy Haulers
    Pickum-up
    Freight shaker
    Boardwalk
    High Tech Red Neck (was cute!)

Ok I spent to much time around big trucks but I really liked Heavy Haulers

• I am glad you liked a few of mine 😊 can I still hand in some more? ^^

• Development Committee

@Allison-Person Don't forget to submit your suggestions via the form linked in the post ;)

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.