Iron Crest/Ashrokh Stud || Young Blood || 08/12/'19 || Comments welcome

• Boys will be boys

Sometimes we doubt it's wise to let our young horses share pastures together, especially the young stallions. Boy, can they be rough towards each other! So are IRCE Banaquiry and IRCE Kronos when they share their pastures. We were on the brink of seperating the two young stallions, luckily they started to behave when they saw us nearing the pasture gates and took of very quickly to graze on the other side. But, boys will be boys and as soon as we were turning around they happily continued with their "playing".

alt text

• Barabro, father and his sons

IRCE Barbaro, a stallion dear to our hearts. He's one of the founding stallions of our dressage team. While competing at Grand Prix level for a while now, Barbaro has hit the 200 points mark being our first dressage stallion who achieved this.

Barabro has sired some offspring for us already, including our first home bred dressage horse IRCE Cernunnos. Barbaro is a stallion who we know will give great offspring as Uno has also reached the 200 point mark shortly after he himself did.

Sadly, he'll soon retire from showing and spend his days in the lush pastures and, just like Allemande, become one of our schooling horses for new riders. All of his other offspring which we have are still carrying on his legacy and will still be competing, with IRCE Alverdite who's his youngest filly starting her carreer soon!

alt text
    IRCE Barbaro and Ashlee during their training in preperation of their last shows

alt text
    From left to right; IRCE Bacardi and Anona, IRCE Barbaro and Ashlee, IRCE Cernunnos and Leeann.

• BFFs

From the day we introduced them to eachother, IRCE Corabella (sired by @Fernanda-Luchetta's stallion Fredrikelof's Exeter) and IRCE Alverdite (sired by our own stallion IRCE Barbaro) seem to get along very well. It's easy to say these two mares are best friends to each other. Even though they sometimes get in a fight (mares being mares?), we soon see them sharing food between the two of them.

alt text
    And once again I try my hands at fully editing my pictures!

• They are honestly a gorgeous duo. You've done such a great job on Corabella, I'm proud Exy keeps throwing out some pretty pons! And as I've told you quite a few times already, your photos looks just so nice - the lighting, contrasting tones and landscapes make them so unique. Also, let's just not talk about your editing... Great job, dear :two_hearts:

• Such gorgeous mares! I love the soft warm atmosphere of your pictures they’re always so pretty both unedited and edited :heart_eyes:

• @Fernanda-Luchetta I'm super happy I had the oppertunity to use Exeter as her sire! :smile: I couldn't wish for a better looking filly. And thank you so, so much for the massive compliment! :cry: I'm slowly but surely trying to find my'own' editing and picture style. Again, thank you so much! :revolving_hearts:

@Luna-Smit thank you Luna! They are absolutely the sweetest two mares together, well usually that is! :smile:

• Bonding

Soon it's time to start working with the new generation of youngsters. Between the usual time they still spend in the pastures, Alexandra, Bree, Jess and I work with them to get them to trust us and build a bond before we start breaking in. For Jess this is more nervewerecking than it is for us, since she started working at Iron Crest Jess made big improvements and has proven she is ready for a next challenge. I decided it was time for her to take on working with one of the youngsters, IRCE Tamarinda (Sire IRCE Indoctro). From the day she knew, and Tammy was weened, Jess has already spent a lot of time with her new companion! When she sees her, Tammy quickly moves to her stall door to greet Jess, which usually ends in a very nice bonding session between the two ladies.

alt text

• Cutie <3

• Your pose looks adorable, Jill - and so does this photo. I also love the way you edited Tammy's mane there. I'll never get tired of seeing your photos :two_hearts:

• @Eva-Evans thank you :heart: Tammy is an absolute sweet heart :smile:

@Fernanda-Luchetta I'm so happy how it turned out :heart_exclamation: the two of them are just an amazing pair, Tammy is the most curious and sweetest horse around. And she really sports her 'just-out-of-bed' look :smirk: :sparkles:

• Baby blues

We're slowly slipping into the season for the new foals to be born! A bit sooner as expected, our first foal has been born. Our mare IRCE Gilactic has given birth to her first foal. Star is a very calm new mother and likes to keep her eyes on her little baby boy, be it from up close or further away.

This lovely little stallion is IRCE Vertigo, aka vance. Vance is a very flashy and playful foal sired by the amazing SPHR Vervex ( @Fernanda-Luchetta ) and has really taken after him. This boy definitley speak for himself when trotting around the pastures with all the pride he has. Judging his leg work, Vance looks like a great show jumping prospect.

alt text

• What a stunner! and that little floofy forelock is just TOO adorable :heart_eyes:

• Fluffy baby! <3 :heart_eyes:

• he is so cute <3

• His face is so adorable! Give him an extra treat for me :heart_eyes:

• what a cutie 😘

• I think everyone who knows me a bit knows the special spot Vervex holds in my heart. That being said, I love the work you've done on Vance - he looks flawless and I adore how much he looks like Vee. I also must repeat how much your editing and vivid, contrasting tones gets me every time :two_hearts:

• Such a leggy boy <3

• Ohh my gosh, what an absolute cutie! Vance looks like such a bright little character, I hope he does great as a show jumper! <3

• Thank you all so, so much for all the kind words! :sob: We're still expecting 4 babies to introduce very shortly!
    @Fernanda-Luchetta you can't even imagine how happy I was that Vee sired this lovely boy! :cry:

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.