Graphics Card Question

• So I started up my new laptop ran sims and well this is a result.

alt text

My laptop did say it didn't recognize the graphics card so is there anyway I can fix it? Like everything is so dark(this was 9am in game)
    If nobody here can give me a hand I'll ask my friend just curious to see if someone knows how to fix the graphics card.

• New graphics cards today are not recognized by sims 3 anymore (because the game files have a list of "available/working" graphics cards and of course the lists stops somwhere as the game is a bit older, right? xD) . That doesnt mean you cant push up the game graphics yourself in Sims 3 options menu. I had that too with my new gc.

So there is no need to "fix the graphicscard" its just the game that cant handle the new ones that are on the market now because they are simply not in the list of known ones anymore. :D

• @Kody-Böhming so basically, I'm playing Sims 3 without my graphics card? Trying to understand

• No, you are playing with your graphicscard but your game does not know what type it is. If you would play without the game wouldnt even start. It just doesnt know what the GC is capable of so it starts in minimal settings to not overburden it or not work. It doesnt know that the GC is actually better/newer than the ones it has in its internal list because its not in the list.

Its all about optimization of your graphics for you so you dont have to test out. Its basically a "feature" to make your life easier. But as GCs are better today they are most likely to be able to handle Sims 3 so no worries about it not working.

(I hope it makes a little bit sense, explaining things gets hard if you need to translate your german thinking into english writing xD)

EDIT: Trying to explain it simple:
    You need a gc so your computer is even working. So you know the gc is fine because you already started your computer and the game succesfully. So that works.
    Game is older, has a list of (at release time) recent GCs to know what setting to apply for what recognized GC.
    You have a GC that is NOT in the list anymore (because newer than the list the Game has), so Game does not know what to apply for. Result: Starting on minimal settings because it doesnt know what the GC is capable of. But you know, so you just set it up manually instead the game does it for you. Everything is fine then. ;)

• You can get your game regonize graphics card. I had same problem with darkness when Sims didn't regonize my graphics card, but I solved it by making it regonize.

Here is tuto
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help%3AGetting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game

• @Ilona-Hartmann said in Graphics Card Question:

You can get your game regonize graphics card. I had same problem with darkness when Sims didn't regonize my graphics card, but I solved it by making it regonize.

Here is tuto
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help%3AGetting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game

Oh wow, didnt even know about that xD I just dealt with it and do the settings myself xD

• @Kody-Böhming said in Graphics Card Question:

@Ilona-Hartmann said in Graphics Card Question:

You can get your game regonize graphics card. I had same problem with darkness when Sims didn't regonize my graphics card, but I solved it by making it regonize.

Here is tuto

Oh wow, didnt even know about that xD I just dealt with it and do the settings myself xD

I would have just dealt with it, if everything in my Sims wouldn't be so dark :thinking:

• I don't think I've been legit so confused about something like ever before O_O

• @Serenity-Gwin said in Graphics Card Question:

I don't think I've been legit so confused about something like ever before O_O

It was pretty simple at the end, but if you can I recommend ask help from someone. You can read multiple tutorials if that helps. Just google "how to get sims 3 regonize graphics card" :)

Oh, and of course take copys of original files! Thats most important

• One can only hope it works, tried to follow word from word but not much of a computer savvy person when it comes to details x.x

One can only hope it works, tried to follow word from word but not much of a computer savvy person when it comes to details x.x

I found this tutorial more helpfull for me, since this one looks more simple at least for myself
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26753.0

You can of course ask me and I hopefully can help :) But nothing can't go terribly wrong if you have backup from used files.

• It semi looks good but the horses are still dark but I may start in a new world to see if it changes anything. I'll pm you if I do need help.

It semi looks good but the horses are still dark but I may start in a new world to see if it changes anything. I'll pm you if I do need help.

Let's hope the best :thumbsup:

• Welp after a day of tinkering my dark colored horses look like this(including Pohick and Meherrin) sigh guess I get to tinker some more...
    Note it doesn't look bad in Screenshots HOWEVER it is semi-pixelated and very dark in color.
    alt text

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.