Maria's Blog - More Mini Mules 10/29

• Kensington and his teddy bear are adorable! It’s cute to see pictures like this

• Awww look at him saying hello :heart_eyes:

• OMGosh he looks so cute with his teddy bear!!!!! i hope he enjoys talk time with his teddy.

• @Rena-Cort they are! ❤
    @Sadie-Woodson thank you!
    @Lidija-Rotherford Cute as a button 😆❤
    @Siri-Kane he sure does enjoy it every morning 😆

• alt text

• @Irene-Duarte
    😂😂 thank you ❤

• Aww I just can't, this is too adorable and sweet :two_hearts: :bear: And I love ZHG Khaleesi and ZHG Atréju pics so much, the coats are amazing

• You are a goddess, every photo is perfect and your horses are hawt!

• @Maria-Makovetskaya thank you so much :slight_smile:
    @Alex-Richards aww thank you <3

alt text
    Another Kensington Update sorry not sorry and a collab with the one and only @Ariadne-Waters.
    I can't express how nervous i was and still am to make common cause with her. Cause everything she does is amazing - especially when it comes to writing stories and giving her characters a unique personality. My Sims don't really have a personality and i'm not good at writing stories. So to all Agatha and Caleb fans out there: i really tried to find the right words for them xD Please bear with me :P
    @Ariadne-Waters i know i already said it 100 times but i can't wait to see your pictures and to read your story! Thank you for your trust that i won't disgrace your characters or Streets. XD
    If you are wondering why Streets visited us: he's just as obessed with toys as Kenny.

:iphone:
    „Caleb! How are you?
    Oh that’s awesome!
    You’re at the eventing show next weekend? Sweet, we’ll be there too. We should definitely meet up. It’s been way too long.
    A cancellation? Ugh that’s annoying.. where are you going to stay then?
    Here? At Highgrove? I’ll have to ask Maria but it shouldn’t be much of a problem.
    How many people?
    okay. And how many horses?
    Alright. I will ask her and talk to you later! Bye!“

The next weekend

„Agatha! I had no idea you’d come too. I was just told that the Eventing Team of Lowmax needs an accommodation for this weekend. What a nice surprise. I’m so happy to see you!“
    „It was an accidental circumstance to be honest. I had a business appointment in Germany and when i heard that they will stay at Highgrove, i decided to join for the rest of the weekend.“

„Caleb. Hurry up! We’re behind schedule.“ Agatha snorted towards the tall, tattooed guy who’s chitchatting with one of Highgrove’s riders. Caleb rejected it with a shrug and started to lead a few horses out of the trailer and into their temporary home.
    Maria couldn’t help but smirk at Agatha’s reaction. „Still doesn’t tolerate laziness or when others aren’t on time“ she thought to herself.

The tall, tattooed guy from earlier came around a corner and walked towards the two women.
    „Hello! I’m Caleb. Thanks for having us.“ He put a very charming smile on his face while he reached out to shake Maria’s hand.
    „Hello Caleb. Nice to meet you.“

Maria invited the whole team to come inside and have a nice cold drink since it was a really hot early summer day. Maria and Agatha had a blast sharing their memories.
    „i honestly didn’t even like you when i first saw you.“
    „can’t blame you“
    They all were about to leave to attend to their duties when Caleb walked up to them.
    „Alex over there told me you have a stallion with an obsession for toys? That’s so funny. High Street hast he same obsession – i brought his fav toy“
    „oh really? That’s funny. We should let them meet each other“ Maria said but wasn’t actually serious.
    „YES. Let’s do it“

Agatha turned towards Caleb and raised an eyebrow „no? What if Streets gets hurt?“
    „oh come on. Streets is super chill and Maria’s staff told me that their stallion is super sweet aswell. They can meet over a fence first. And if one of them shows any sign of aggression we can just leave it.“
    „I’m down if you are, Agatha. Kensington is a nice boy. He is very submissive, he never bred before and he loves to play with other horses.“
    alt text
    Agatha approved after a while but not without a warning for Caleb „if Streets gets hurt and you can’t ride him tomorrow. Woe betide you.

Kensington was already in a big pasture when Caleb led High Street towards the fence. The two stallions were both very curious but not aggressive or anything. They both even started grazing on each side of the fence after a while. So Maria gave her approval and Agatha also agreed to let Streets in.
    The stallions sniffed each other again, started running around but it was all pretty chill. A normal „2 horses meet each other“ situation.
    „oh i almost forgot“ Caleb said as soon as the stallions started grazing again and ran back towards the barn and came back with a duck toy.
    „This is Ducky. Streets favourite toy.“ He grinned and threw the toy onto the pasture. High Street happily trotted towards it and Kensington ran off.
    „well.. good to know that Kenny is also afraid of acidic yellow duck plushies. What a surprise“ Maria laughed. „He’s such a scaredy-cat.“
    Kensington was curious and came back as soon as High Street started to play with his toy to investigate. It didn’t take long until they started to play together.
    They threw the duck around, chased each other and tugged at it.
    alt text
    „they gonna rip it apart.“
    „no they won’t“
    „you’ll see“
    „Agatha. Don’t jinx it“

And then it happened. They destroyed the duck. Caleb was concerned. „nooooo poor Streets. Not his ducky.“
    „i’m so sorry. I will buy him a new one! I promise“ Maria said and was just as concerned as Caleb. Agatha turned away from the paddock barely masking her amused grin.

alt text
    Caleb and Alex, one of Highgrove’s riders and Caleb’s old friend, took Streets and Kenny out on a trail ride later that day while Maria and Agatha had a glass of wine and walked down memory lane.
    The Highgrove and the Lowmax team participated in the eventing show on the next day and spent a few more hours together on sunday before they had to say goodbye.
    „it was so nice to see you again.“
    „see you soon?“
    „for sure!“

• oh my god
    This. Is. Hilarious. :clap_tone1:
    I love that Kenny has his own charakter and his own quirks, it makes everything so real (even if all the other sims don‘t have a personality hahah). And the ducky... poor Streets aw. :duck: The little story, uh I enjoyed reading it! You should write more haha. :smirk:
    Andddd the editing, as always :100: on point.

I hope that Streets got his new ducky...

• I think you've outdone yourself again, Maria <3 The pictures and the story fits perfectly together, I just love the picture of the two boys tugging at that poor duck. It's just perfection <3

• I know I told you I'm not at home at the moment, which is making activity difficult. But I'm pretty sure I didn't tell you about the teeny tiny Mac I have to try to use to type this! It has a trackpad for a mouse, a screen I can span with a hand and a half, and a Japanese keyboard asked to be English, which means many of the strokes are where they shouldn't be. :laughing: So please forgive how inelegant this is going to be, and disregard any random symbols, AWOL punctuation, or strange words (yes: it also has a predictive text feature) (it can be dangerous)

Onto the fun!

@Maria-Jones said:

A cancellation? Ugh that’s annoying.. where are you going to stay then?
    Here? At Highgrove? I’ll have to ask Maria but it shouldn’t be much of a problem.

I love the way you have Cal just inviting himself to stay; that seems something he’d be totally shameless enough to do :laughing:

@Maria-Jones said:

"... What a nice surprise. I’m so happy to see you!“
    "It was an accidental circumstance to be honest."

This made me laugh out loud- 'I'm so happy to see you!' 'I AM ONLY HERE ON ACCIDENT.' You captured Agatha's tendency for tactlessness and brutal honesty perfectly. :laughing:

@Maria-Jones said:

He put a very charming smile on his face while he reached out to shake Maria’s hand.

Oh heck. :joy: This also made me giggle- it just screams Caleb. :smirk: I don't know why you were so worried to write them, you seem to have an excellent handle on who they are and their nuances. :heart: This scene, where you have them bickering like children-

'They're going to rip it apart.'
    'No they won't.'
    'You'll see.'
    "Agatha. Don't jinx it.

- had me smirking up a storm. And the COOLNESS you injected into Agatha's demeanour is just so her. And the way you had her not only laughing about the duck but trying to hide it- I mean I know we talked about it but still. :sob: It was all too marvelous and the best thing I could ask for to entertain me on a miserably wintry Sunday morning. :two_hearts:

I also want to add how incredibly touched I am by all the research you’ve done. You’ve peppered this update with little tidbits I remember writing in character profiles on ES or updates here and I’m just really :cry: humbled, I suppose, by the care you’ve taken and your commitment to representing them as closely to accurate as possible. I don’t even know what else to say. It means a lot; thank you so much; vielen dank; I appreciate it. :hearts:

@Maria-Jones said:

a collab with the one and only @Ariadne-Waters.
    I can't express how nervous i was and still am to make common cause with her. Cause everything she does is amazing - especially when it comes to writing stories and giving her characters a unique personality. My Sims don't really have a personality and i'm not good at writing stories. So to all Agatha and Caleb fans out there: i really tried to find the right words for them

You're going to make me cry if you keep doing this. :hugging: :sob: :two_hearts: :heart:

Final note: That stretched duck still makes me giggle, no matter how many times I've seen it now. You've set the bar so high :scream: I'm going to have to up my 2,000 word count to 4,000 to make up ground- which I don't mind at all, because collaborating with you has been an absolute blast and frankly I'm mad at myself for not bothering you about it sooner. I'm going to get straight back into my writing now- it's my turn to be nervous...

PS. That photo of them meeting? I CAN NEVER SHOW HIGH STREET IN MY PHOTOS AGAIN. :weary: He'll never look so grand again in his life.

PPS. Stunt double Agatha is still the best thing I have seen this year. :ok_hand: :rofl:

• @Emilia-Fox thank you <3 i'd love to give all my horses and sims a personality xD but i'm so uncreative hahaha.
    you'll find out when Ariadne posts her part :eyes:

@Therese-Lind thank you so much <3

@Ariadne-Waters i'm so glad you like the story and the pictures! You know how stressed i was to not be able to capture Agatha's and Caleb's personalities xD Honestly, it was quite natural for me to stalk your blog, tumblr and your posts on ES to get to know your sims. What's the point of a collab if you don't actually buckle down? :joy: No seriously i didn't want to disappoint you. So i did a bit of research. :D

@Ariadne-Waters said in Maria's Blog - A Special Guest & Play Date 06/30:

collaborating with you has been an absolute blast

The same goes for you! it was so much fun <3

Ariadne-Waters said in Maria's Blog - A Special Guest & Play Date 06/30:

I'm going to get straight back into my writing now- it's my turn to be nervous...

Well i already know that your story will be absolutely AMAZING! So you definitely don't have to be nervous xD

Ariadne-Waters said in Maria's Blog - A Special Guest & Play Date 06/30:

PS. That photo of them meeting? I CAN NEVER SHOW HIGH STREET IN MY PHOTOS AGAIN. :weary: He'll never look so grand again in his life.
    PPS. Stunt double Agatha is still the best thing I have seen this year. :ok_hand: :rofl:

oh you <3 hahaha xD

• PR Committee

I finally remembered to dig this up to leave my comment :clap: I still admire your bravery at trying to capture the personality of anyone else's characters but much less Agatha. I'd have been a nervous wreck at the thought of it, much less seeing it through but you did such a wonderful job. I still think you need lots more confidence in your writing skills; but can we take a moment to admire the two gorgeous horses fighting over that poor duck :joy: <3

• @Callixta-Rosella thank you so much, Calli <3

alt text
    So this Moritz aka Mo aka Terror Pony aka Terror Floof aka "he's stealing my horse's food" aka "he's bullying my 5'7" warmblood" aka "he's so cute tho!"
    We recently got him from @Nicole-Loeffler and he quickly became the mascot of the barn. The plan was to just turn him out with some other horses. But he was so bored when he had to stay in his stall because he couldn't see anything, and Mo wants to see everything cause he's afraid to miss the important stuff. And he couldn't really interact with the other horses cause he's too small to reach them.
    So i decided to let him roam the barn on his own. From 7am until we bring the horses back in for the night. The whole property is fenced anyway. The mares' section of the barn is the only place he's not allowed to visit. Because he's a mighty stallion and he knows that so we keep those doors shut.. for his own safety :sweat_smile:
    But other than that, he's free. He sometimes joins the boys on the pasture (he'll just squeeze himself through the fence) or he grazes next to the arena and he sometimes decides to take a sand bath in the middle of a dressage lesson. :+1:
    But there's a downside to his freedom. He loves to eat (pony, duh) so he won't miss an opportunity to steal food. Even tho everyone always makes sure everything is locked and hidden, he still finds a way.
    You place a bucket infront of a horse's stall, make sure he's not around, can't see him anywhere so you quickly take off to grab an extra carrot for your horse. He will be there when you come back. He's a bloodhound when it comes to food. A bloodhound in disguise.
    alt text

• i love this ambiance of your stable and your ponds

• MY HEART! <3 <3 Mo is absolutely adorable and I just, ach, love him, definitely one of those terrors who gets away with crimes by being cute. Also, I imagined a chubby mini squeezing through a fence and it's a very amusing thought, thank you for that

• Awwwww so cute!

• He is just a real Moritz, isn't he?? :heartbeat: It kinda makes me sad that he is too small to interact properly with the other horses :( you should get him a Max or Maxime :rose:

• Awww Maria, that is about the sweetest little pony and the cutest photo + story combination ever! I love his markings and your editing. The other horse's face looking at the pony stealing his food is just priceless :joy:

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.