[Chatter] Western Club Spring Freestyle

• Any questions or suggestions about the Western Club Spring Freestyle should be put here.

• Administrators

Is there an entry limit?

• No entry limit!

• So edited and non-edited are combined?...

• Yes, unless I'm surprised and there's a ton of entries. If there are, I might split it.

• Doesn't seem to be fair to those that can't edit. Sadly I'll be passing this one up I guess :(

• What? If they're in the same class edited won't have an advantage

• @Maxine-Spencer said in [Chatter] Western Club Spring Freestyle:

What? If they're in the same class edited won't have an advantage

The way its all worded

"Your work should be your own, no premade tails because these entries will be judged and prized."

It's as though saying editing is also judged. If editing is being judged then there's an advantage to those that edit vs those that cant/dont

• Administrators

For simplicity's sake, it may be better just to have 2 classes, one edited and one unedited. It could make things more enjoyable for those who don't edit since they won't have the stress of being compared to edited at all.

• I'm going to keep them merged for the show. I don't have the money or time to make 6 sets of prizes. And Marc, it was worded that way to prevent plaigerism. Those premade tails/mains are meant for scrapbooks and such, not shows that have prizes. Even if the editing doesn't get an advantage over unedited, it's unethical to use those on show/challenge entries.

• I never stated it was okay to use them in shows. It quotes what you stated as a whole about editing, not just premade edits. I'm siding with Blake on her statement of feeling stressed about going against anyone that edits. Being someone that does not edit it makes me second guess my own photos for a show and lose motivation on if they're good enough.

....show is a good idea though. Good luck to those that take part.

• Administrators

Double the classes means double the prizes, and as you can see, Maxine is already donating quite a lot of her money and time for prizes as it is. This seems like a lighthearted challenge meant to promote the Western community that is judged on entries’ demonstration of Western disciplines, not just how pretty the photos are.

Is winning really so important that you’re unwilling to take part if there’s a chance you might be at a disadvantage, even if it’s to help promote Western disciplines?

• @Nikki-Calvaria said in [Chatter] Western Club Spring Freestyle:

Double the classes means double the prizes, and as you can see, Maxine is already donating quite a lot of her money and time for prizes as it is. This seems like a lighthearted challenge meant to promote the Western community that is judged on entries’ demonstration of Western disciplines, not just how pretty the photos are.

Is winning really so important that you’re unwilling to take part of there’s a chance you might be at a disadvantage, even if it’s to help promote Western disciplines?

It's a motivation thing, I don't feel like touching base on my personal mental things so I'll just leave it at that.

I tried to promote the western community as well at one point?
    This isn't about prizes to begin with, but as its been turned into something that is being put onto me that I didn't even mention....then so be it.

All I said...it doesn't seem like a fairness to merge classes when there's people that feel discouraged by this.

But glad it was taken wrong.

• Administrators

I actually do agree with Nikki here, if there aren't enough entries to warrant a split it wouldn't be fair to really anyone involved to split it in this case, the hosts would be down even more money and time unless they split all of the prizes in half as this is coming from their time and money, something I had forgotten about completely in my first response, which I do apologize for. As the judging criteria is just showing off the Western community, nothing on how pretty or edited a picture is, even a super edited picture could get no placing. A good thing to focus on is being motivated for to show the sport! I'm personally very excited to take part in this, edited or not.

• Sadly I wont be, I had until being discouraged by this.

I'm well aware of the time and money that goes into it. I did a challange like this and almost lost rl job to complete prizes. So i am well very well aware of what goes into it. But I also did a split because I had people message me upset over the fact I didn't split them and they didn't feel like they would do well enough.

• PR Committee

Also tossing in the two cents that the club challenges aren't traditional shows (unless they actively try to emulate them I guess?) New judging criteria don't really create the same differences we saw in the old traditional show system, which had heavy emphasis on hyper-realism which was easier to achieve with editing. I can't really see what extra advantage to 'western-ness' you'd get edited vs non-edited, just sayin.

• Truthfully...I'm feeling a bit ganged up on and not well understood in all this. As stated earlier, I don't want to get into my personal reasons for my discouragement as I don't feel its something I should feel forced or obligated to put on blast.....my entire statement has been blown way out of context and what I was orignally going at from it being a discouragement for some people to it being about prizes..to being told to focus on motivation to...yeah.

I have to have motivation when it comes to doing challanges. Because I can't get things merged to unlag my game and haven't been able to locate help on doing so when I've asked it takes hours upon hours upon hours (my last scrapbook photo of a horse I did...took 2 hours to do just to get horse in game and pose .-.) so i get frustrated with my game to begin with but there's other factors at play for myself personally...I simply stated how I felt. I wasn't looking for it to turn into an over the top issue :(

My deepest apologies...

• Edits have an advantage as some of those edits make the horses look almost real... I can see Marc's point in this and I can see Maxine.
    Will I enter? Well I might I have not decided as I can not edit well at all and I don't really know how to "update" my horses so some still have tons of shines.
    Do I like the idea? Sure why not. Makes for entertainment though I would put a class size restriction. Otherwise someone with allot of time can overwhelm the show... Put it this way I know I am not the only person with 30+ western horses.

Marc I sent you a message.

• I'm not judging on realism though. This is supposed to be a fun, light, challenge to show off western disciplines, not T-shows 2.0

• Due to the incredible generosity of several people here, the prize pool has greatly increased and several placings have been added. However, some of those placings are only being awarded with a minimum number of entries, so get photographing!

• It states catagorys...2hat exactly are the catagorys for there to be 6 or more entries o.O

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.