Eye Issue

• I'm having some trouble with my horse eyes. I have Dana's default replacement and the anti-derp sliders, but for some reason, I think the texture is off? The eyes appear quite weird in game and no matter what I do (with the sliders, clearing caches etc), they end up the same. It's also like one eye is deeper than the other?

alt text

alt text

Does anyone know what the issue might be? I really don't want to have to reinstall my game for the millionth time -_-

• Breed Committee

Would also like to know the answer too as I have this issue, it's really annoying :angry:

• @Rebecca-Wall it really is! i just want to take nice pictures and this just keeps happening :(

• This keeps happening to me, and I noticed it after I installed two things - reshade, and the new horseshoes from Elin. I'm not sure that either of them are to blame, it could be something else but I only noticed it after installing those

• PR Committee

Is the file for the mod in the Overrides folder? That fixed it for me.

• @Luke-Teth I have it in my overrides folder, I've always had it in there :)

• @Luke-Teth said in Eye Issue:

Is the file for the mod in the Overrides folder? That fixed it for me.

uh no, haha, i'll have to try that now!

@Callixta-Rosella said in Eye Issue:

This keeps happening to me, and I noticed it after I installed two things - reshade, and the new horseshoes from Elin. I'm not sure that either of them are to blame, it could be something else but I only noticed it after installing those

oooh i don't know if i have those, i'll have to check!

• that, unfortunately, has not solved my issue :(

• I've had the same issue with the right eye being darker since the mod came out, if anyone knows how to fix it, that would be wonderful!

• Having the eyes in my override hasn't worked either. Did you manage to see if you have reshade or the new horseshoes installed? Maybe one of them conflict in some way with the eyes?

• PR Committee

It shouldn't be possible that Reshade is the one conflicting with the eyes. Reshade is an injector that just sort of 'sits on top' of the game window and doesn't actually interact with any models or textures (such as the eyes) whatsoever. If toggling reshade off doesn't fix the eyes then I'd say Reshade is not the issue.

I don't have these new horseshoes in my game so I can't dig in and see if they're causing problems; Is it maybe possible you have two eye mods at once? Or HD mods? I'm struggling to find a cause for this, unfortunately...

• I have Elin horseshoes on more or less all my horses and I'm 100% sure that this issue is not caused by them since I have always had the eye distortion since Dana HD coat mod + eye default replacement came out so it's nothing new that have popped up now :)

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.