{RESULTS!} Arabian Horse Society Showcase Challenge!

• Development Committee

alt text

Arabian Horse Society Showcase

The Arabian Horse Society - better known as the AHS - have come together to bring Equus a brand new challenge for those who love the Arabian breed. It is open for anyone to participate and enter, and there is no entry fee, so its free! So get out those pretty Arabians and show us some beauties!

Time Period

The Arabian Horse Society Showcase will go for a month. Making sure everyone has time to take photos, finalize and submit their entries.

Awards

These awards apply to all classes

• 1st place ~ $5,000, digital AHS placement ribbon, small posepack and a blind Arabian import (created by Charlie Smith)
    • 2nd place ~ $3,000, digital AHS placement ribbon and 2 blind face markings (Created by Charlie Smith)
    • 3rd place ~ $2,000 and a digital AHS placement ribbon

All first place entries will receive a small posepack, donated by the lovely @Mathilde-Dahler

1st place edited entries:
    alt text

1st place unedited entries:
    alt text

Entry Limit

Due to minimal amount of judges, we are limiting to an entry of 3 horses per member. You may enter those 3 in whatever class you wish. For example: 2 in Pintabian - Edited, with one in Purebred - Unedited.
    Edited classes do not give more of a reward than entering an unedited class. We have set an edited side and an unedited for each class so all members are encouraged to participate all with earning an equal reward if placed.

Classes

• Purebreds (any strain) - non edited
    • Purebreds (any strain) - edited
    • Part breds (Arab x any percentage of another breed) - non edited
    • Part breds (Arab x any percentage of another breed) - edited

Judging Criteria

"Entries are not judged by perfection, nor is the judging criteria strict. Creativity, realism are the highest perks we look at when judging which will offer the most points. Focusing on how the breed is being shown in the picture. Show us your pretty Arabians!"
    This is nothing but to have fun and get creative to show off your best Arabs and to see what is out there. Please do not hate on the judges if you feel like something was judged incorrectly. Any questions may be taken to the chatter thread linked below.

Judges

• Charlie Smith
    • Allison Person
    • Breanna Fahnestock
    • Hilda Wilson

RULES

• Members can only enter a total of 3 horses into the challenge. Entry duplicates will be disqualified.
    • Horses are to be at least part bred Arabians to complete. There will be different classes for different breeds. Strains will fall into these guidelines weather they be part bred, pure, pintabian etc.
    • If there are more than ten horses in one class the class will be split. There will be an edited and non edited class for each section. Phantoms will not be added.
    • Setting may be anything. As long as the horse can be clearly visible. So feel free to get creative!
    • Entries are not judged by perfection, nor is the judging criteria strict. Creativity, realism are the highest perks we look at when judging which will offer the most points. Focusing on how the breed is being shown in the picture. Show us your pretty Arabians!
    • Entries can contain horses under saddle, as not all Arabians (part breds) are in hand/halter shown.
    • Please make sure your horse is only entered once, by YOU. Any other entries by other members (same horse) will be disqualified.
    • Entries must be submitted into the google doc form and a reply with your entry to this thread (any order) for your entry to be approved. Any members failing to submit into the doc or vice versa will be sadly disqualified.
    • Please make sure photos are original and not taken from previous scrapbook entries, shows or challenges. Only create content purposely for this show.
    • Any questions and or comments may be taken to the chatter thread.

We encourage all members entering the challenge to sign up and join the Arabian Horse Society to be kept updated on news and announcements, challenges, promotion sales and much more. It is NOT necessary to be apart of the AHS to participate in this challenge.

Please direct all questions, comments and concerns to the chatter thread.

Also if you’d like to be kept updated with all our chats, join our slack channel #ah-society in which you can also direct questions there!

alt text

Entry Card

Please make sure you have submitted your entry through the google form as well as replying to this thread.

~

Google Docs Entry Form
    Rawlist

~

Thread reply form

Member Name:
    Stable Represented:
    Horse Name:
    Horse Breed:
    Class Entered:
    Story (can be added if desired):
    ' Image '

• Member Name: Maxine Spencer
    Stable Represented: Absaroka
    Horse Name: Absaroka Solarus
    Horse Breed: 87.5% Arabian 12.5% Appaloosa
    Class Entered: Part-breds nonedited

alt text

• Member Name: Cristyne Westwood
    Stable Represented: Pine Lake Ranch
    Horse Name: WDC Spot the Lark
    Horse Breed: Arabian
    Class Entered: Purebreds non-edited
    alt text

Stable Represented: Autumn Grove Equestrian Center
    Horse Name: ART Camoran
    Horse Breed: Pintabian
    Class Entered: Pintabians non-edited
    alt text

Stable Represented: Autumn Grove Equestrian Center
    Horse Name: Z Folklore
    Class Entered: Purebreds non-edited
    alt text

• Member Name: Alexa la Coupe
    Stable Represented: Écuries du Casteleau
    Horse Name: ECL Avec au Vin
    Class Entered: Purebreds - Edited

• Administrators

Member Name: Elsie Spectre
    Stable Represented: Crossroads
    Horse Name: Labascatille
    Class Entered: Purebreds - Edited
    Story:

She is beauty, she is grace,
    She is- tired after a 60 mile race and wants her dinner NOW

• Member Name: Hilda Wilson
    Stable Represented: Gut Fichtenholz
    Horse Name: GFH Karimah
    Horse Breed: Arabian (SEA)
    Class Entered: Purebred Edited

Bild Text

• Member Name: Tasha White
    Stable Represented: Agizmo Arabians
    Horse Name: Seweryna Aa
    Class Entered: Purebreds (any strain) - edited
    alt text

• Member Name: Marc Sanders
    Stable Represented: Bay River Park
    Horse Name: WPW Rowan
    Class Entered: Purebred - Nonedited
    Story (can be added if desired): Listen

The staff of Bay River Park was a mess, rushing to and from the pastures, barns. We were moving the horses around left and right. Finding our most gentle stallions that tolerated everything to put near the newest member of the stable....Rowan. From what I was informed he was a high spirited young stallion with spark. Its what I had asked for when we imported him, but from what the plane crew told us, that spark was more like a pent up volcano ready to erupt. My old dog Rich heard the trailer before anyone else and let out a low "woof" to let me know. I stared at the drive, sure enough, there it was the big silver trailer was pulling in. I could hear him the nearer they got. He was loud and the trailer kept rocking every so often.

"Back 'er right on up to the big arena, sounds like Rowan needs a good place to stretch his legs."

The driver nodded, he was weary and it showed on his face. I nodded to my two boys who stood ready to let the stud out. The driver informed me he had snapped his halter into three peices, great. The trailer doors flew open and with them the flaxen chestnut stallion leaped out of the trailer and announced himself. We all stood in awe as he made his way around the arena, stopping to whinny or snort every so often. The pidgons seemed to aggervate him some but he chased them whenever they landed. He was a sight...and a firecracker.

alt text

Stable Represented: Bay River Park
    Horse Name: Lincoln NA
    Class Entered: Purebred - Nonedited
    Story (can be added if desired): Listen

Lincoln, my beloved Lincoln, we imported this stallion some time ago and he is probably my personal favorite horse. He knows it too. He begs for attention when I'm trying to work, has free rein of the stable and yard. He comes and he goes. Although when I'm paying bills in the office and he decides to poke his head in is when I know its time for a break and time to probably give the big boy some attention.

"You know, bills are supposed to be getting done." Was all I could chuckle as I saw his head staring in through the office door.

I walked him out to the arena and sent him off, walking around the arena he thought he was being sneaky by coming up behind me then running the moment I stopped or turned. He pranced and danced around the arena, a sight to see for sure. I'd jump towards him he'd playfully shy away. This went on for about an hour before he nuzzled the back of my hand and wandered off to go see if the staff had put grain into his stall. Goofy horse.

alt text

• Member Name: Serenity Gwin
    Stable Represented: Sinclair Court
    Horse Name: Phantasmatiq ZI
    Horse Breed: Anglo-Arabian
    Class Entered: Part Breds (50 Arabian 50 Thoroughbred) - Non Edited
    alt text

Horse Name: TJS Aquia
    Horse Breed: Straight Egyptian Arabian
    Class Entered: Purebred - Non Edited
    alt text

Horse Name: TJS Ni
    Class Entered: Purebred - Non Edited
    alt text

Stable Represented: Sliding K Ranch
    Horse Name: RLA Octavia
    Class Entered: Purebred unedited

alt text

She's the image of beauty at Sliding K Ranch, probably the most fragile looking horse. When we went looking to bring something delicate yet high spirited onto the ranch we didn't know what we were looking for until we saw her. We first saw her as a young filly, the breeder told usthe story of her and her sire and dam. A story indeed. She was imported, not bred nor born on American Soil. She had fire and flare, but a delicate face, gentle personallity. She wouldn't hurt anyone, anything other then a fly that bugged her. But she was playful. It was love at first sight. I wanted her, looking into those deep chocolate eyes and seeing it all and just losing myself to them. Was all I needed to say she was the beginning of the arabian program at Sliding K Ranch. And boy has she ever proven herself. She's multi-titled in reining. She puts some of our stock horses to shame. But overall she's my baby. a small yet big hearted beautiful delicate baby.

• Administrators

Member Name: Blake Bellanaris
    Stable Represented: Route 66
    Horse Name: ART Mayberry
    Horse Breed: Pintabian
    Class Entered: Part breds (Arab x any percentage of another breed) - non edited

alt text

Berry has only been with us for almost a year but he's already making great progress in his training. It had been weeks of hard work to get the young Pintabian stallion to figure out how to spin in time for his first show. Sure, his spin is fairly tense, but he's spinning!

• Member Name: Hedwig Johnson
    Stable Represented: Arkwery
    Horse Name: Holmgard's Needs Anew
    Class Entered: Purebred - Edited

We brought our beans to the pasture at the evening and just randomly we took that pretty pic of our bae Anew.
    alt text

• Member Name: Alexa la Coupe
    Stable Represented: Écuries du Casteleau
    Horse Name: ECL Avec au Vin
    Class Entered: Purebreeds - Edited

pic

• Member name: Hilda Wilson
    Stable Represented: Gut Fichtenholz
    Horse Name: GFH Nasheetha
    Class Entered: Purebreds - edited

Bild Text

• Member Name: Irene Crownguard
    Stable Represented: Crownguard's Stud
    Horse Name: BMS Temor in Paradise
    Horse Breed: Arabian (spanish straight)
    Class Entered: Purebred-edited

alt text

—He knows he's the king here.

Nur muttered, glancing briefly at Irene. The owner of Crownguard's Stud had parked her job as a rider to own. She was interested in all the horses, and from the entrance of her stable to the Arab Society, she had an eye on the Arabian horses.

Temor is a well-known stallion in Spain. He inherited the terrible character of his father. Since he had been assembled for the first time so far (three years), he had thrown five experienced riders, wounded nine employees and angered a coach.

It had been exasperating ... until Altair (Crownguard's biggest and only investor) suggested employing Nur Shinta. A wise woman, with great knowledge of the Arabian horse. She knew how to get to his heart, and she was the one who found the best rider for him.

They had released Temor in the arena late in the afternoon so Irene could watch him before she left.

—He is.

Irene was totally in agreement with Nur ... and with Temor.

• Member Name: Callixta Rosella
    Stable Represented: Honeybrook
    Horse Name: Snowfox SH
    Class Entered: Purebreds (any strain) - non edited
    alt text

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.