{RESULTS!} Arabian Horse Society Showcase Challenge || Chatter

• Development Committee

Questions, comments and or concerns can be dropped below :heart:

• It says part bred Arabians are allowed as well, does this mean National Show Horses can be entered since they’re part Arabian?

• Development Committee

@Lucca-Jager said in {Ends April 4th} Arabian Horse Society Showcase Challenge || Chatter:

It says part bred Arabians are allowed as well, does this mean National Show Horses can be entered since they’re part Arabian?

Yes!
    Breeds that can realistically cross with an Arabian (that we have on Equus) is allowed to enter this challenge, in the right class of course :)

• Pintabians, NSH, AraAppaloosa (Araloosa), Anglo-Arabian, Morab, or Quarab.
    They would go in
    Part breds (Arab x any percentage of another breed) - non edited
    Part breds (Arab x any percentage of another breed) - edited

If you need any help figuring the makeup of these breeds let us know.

• Do horses need to be registered on Equus to participate?

Are horses being judged on conformation/action or is this just a free-for-all for presenting Arabian horses in creative manners? Are images that only show parts of the horse acceptable, or does the whole animal need to be in the frame?

• No they do not

Entries are not judged by perfection, nor is the judging criteria strict. Creativity, realism are the highest perks we look at when judging which will offer the most points. Focusing on how the breed is being shown in the picture. Show us your pretty Arabians!"
    This is nothing but to have fun and get creative to show off your best Arabs and to see what is out there.

• Development Committee

@Dimitri-Dane said in {Ends April 4th} Arabian Horse Society Showcase Challenge || Chatter:

Do horses need to be registered on Equus to participate?

Are horses being judged on conformation/action or is this just a free-for-all for presenting Arabian horses in creative manners? Are images that only show parts of the horse acceptable, or does the whole animal need to be in the frame?

As Allison said, horses do not need to be registered in order to enter this challenge, as it’s a way to show off the breed and isn’t a discipline related challenge.

Conformation is not nearly as important compared to creativity and realism that we will be looking at in the challenge. So we won’t take off points for an arab with a big dish compared to another without as people have different ways of breeding their own Arabians (if that makes sense at all).

We would like to have the whole horse visable, because then there is more to judge off rather than just a simple headshot :)

• @Charlie-Smith said in {Ends April 4th} Arabian Horse Society Showcase Challenge || Chatter:

Conformation is not nearly as important compared to creativity and realism that we will be looking at in the challenge.

Could you be a little more specific about what is meant by "realism?" Creativity and realism don't necessarily go hand-in-hand for me.

I suppose I'm just trying to clarify that this isn't like, a contest where you're looking for images of horses in an arena or competition setting, necessarily. Unless it is? Just trying to get a feel for what sorts of images you're looking for vs. what you're not, is all.

• Something like this would pass for an entry.
    alt text

In this photo my Mona is chilling in the mare field.

• Administrators

I also wondered this :)
    Is it any type of photo we feel like taking? Candid, at show, halter, daily life, whatever?
    If so - woo, so many options!
    If not - can you please explain in the post what you expect from entries regarding setting and situation :)

• Any you want Elsie. Like my example up above. Just chilling.

• Development Committee

@Dimitri-Dane
    @Elsie-Spectre

This challenge is to promote the Arabian breed and allow people to show off their Arabians in any way or form. Some might prefer a more showy aspect to their image, where some might just take a nice casual pasture shot of their horse. It is really up to the member on what they wish to decide, being very flexible so members who aren’t that keen on such show vibes can enter without worrying about who else is in the class or worrying that the image has to contain a certain theme or way. :)

• I accidentally put the wrong prefix in my entry form for Camoran. It should be ART, not WPW.

• Development Committee

@Cristyne-Westwood said in {Ends April 4th} Arabian Horse Society Showcase Challenge || Chatter:

I accidentally put the wrong prefix in my entry form for Camoran. It should be ART, not WPW.

Fixed ;)

• Development Committee

EXTENSION NOTICE!

Due to some real life events, and the fact that Easter is around the corner - a time of much needed breaks and chocolate - and where some are out on holidays and are a bit busy, we have decided to make the challenge have a 2 week extension :smile:

• AKA Charlie has more plans then we do :P

• Is background blurring allowed in unedited classes? :3

• I accidentally entered SH October Rust in the Purebred non edited class on the form he should be in Purebred edited. Sorry about that. Thanks!

• I am hoping it worked if so I fixed SH October Rust

• Development Committee

After the long awaited arrival, results for our challenge are finally here!

Winners will all be sent a message asking how they wish to receive their prizes, and prize money will be sent within a couple days.

Thank you all for participating, and thanks to the judges that helped make this possible! :heart_exclamation:

RESULTS!

• Thank you so much for hosting it was a lot of fun!

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.