Ioke Lake & Carina Park | Photobook | Ezekiel's Foray and Cressida's Fare

• image tag
    WEBSITESIMBLR
    Registered Horses: 70
    Unregistered Horses: 4
    Leased Horses: 6
    Stallions: 30 | Geldings: 5 | Mares: 35
    Combined Driving: 9 | Dressage: 17 | Eventing: 25 | Field Hunting: 14 | Halter: 1 | Hunter Paces: 10 | Pony Show Hunter: 3 | Pony Show Jumping: 1 | Show Hunter: 13 | Show Jumper: 13 | TREC: 1 |
    Montréavila Valley is home to the Ioke Lake Equestrian Centre, and Ioke Lake Kennels and hunting grounds.

Table of Contents Date
    Horses & Ponies 31/01/2017
    Ladies Who Lunch! 31/01/2017
    Foals! 21/04/2017
    Acquisitions 07/10/2018
    Ezekiel's Foray & Cressida's Fare 21/10/2018

• RESERVED

• Box of Letters

2056 - in the attic of a flourishing stable in Canada, a dusty box is found covered by old rugs, blankets, and bridles. When the lid is popped, there are letters, pictures, anecdotes and more, buried beneath a worn folder of horse records and information. These are those memories.

• Lucy, the last descendant in a long line of Kane's digs into the box with gusto; she's surrounded by pictures, documents, vet reports and paraphanalia from decades worth of stable management. She can't believe there's such a wealth of information, such a wealth of memories that she's brought to tears searching through. As she looks, crumpled in the bottom of the box, there's a curling yellow note stuck to a fading photograph. Prying the photo free from the sticky note, Lucy can see smudged ink. Smiling at the scrawled words, she takes a look at the picture, rubbing her thumb over some of the mares.

"What beautiful horses," she says. There's nobody to hear her, but that doesn't matter. She slides back against the wall, flips the photograph over. Notes reveal that the picture depicted some of the older ladies of Ioke Lake spending time at the water trough. Apparently water cooler talk was their activity of choice! <-

Mother's meeting in the Retirement fields :wink[;)]:

Cinnamon, Saabah, Adamant & Hummingbird

<scribbled notes on the back of photo>
    Ioke's Cinnamon Nevarra, Saabah NC, JFE Hummingbird, & RFE Adamant Destiny hanging out in the retirement fields! To be fair, Cinnamon isn't yet retired, but she gets on so well with Saabah that we couldn't bring ourselves to seperate them

• finally back after so long away ;_; reinstalled my game three times and it's finally working, she says tentatively!

• April 2016 - April 2017
    Andrea Shaw, stable manager and long time lover of all things horses, leaned on the fence, admiring both mother and foal. It had been a long time since Hawk had been allowed some downtime from competition, and though the prospect of getting her back in shape for training was daunting, Andrea couldn't wait. Until then, at least she could admire the product of Hawk and prominent stallion Decker.

DealMeIn

Ioke's Hallow Hawk and her colt, Ioke's Deal Me In

In a field not far away, Siri was keeping her distance from new mother Diamond. Though both mare and foal had been playing all morning, Diamond was a protective mother and Siri knew better than to disturb her unnecessarily. Besides, she reasoned, why interrupt a bonding moment?

Diamond and Widow

Ioke's Diamond Dancer and her filly, Ioke's Black Widow

this is the first time i've actually been in game and been able to take pictures for ever. i'm trying to get better with this but who knows. hopefully i can get back into the swing of this!

• Hey everyone! I had a bit of an absence there because I had some mental health issues that needed sorting and I had to take some time away to deal with that. I'm back now with a new update and with some UPDATED editing skills.... we'll see how this goes :D Though as much as I'm a writer, I find myself failing to write anything meaningful right now due to rl stuff, so we're just gonna have to settle for whatever this is ;)

Acquisitions

So Ioke Lake is having an overhaul. With a change in prefix and after going on a little bit of a spending spree, the next few updates will be about the new horses we're welcoming to our stables. We have a lot of our original horses stepping down from competing and we're trying to get some young blood into our disciplines.

We bought two horses from @Charlie-Smith at Silver Berry Stables; Onatah S, a Hanoverian mare who will be putting some feminine blood back into the Show Jumping team, and Ortrun S, a grey KWPN .... putting that imbalance back into the Show Jumping team!

Onatah S <-
    -> Onatah S <- in her new, seemingly endless pasture

-> Ortrun S <-
    -> Ortrun S, our new stallion

We also entered conversations with @Lidija-Rotherford and covered one of our mares with RFE Electrostatic, her Belgian Warmblood Show Jumper. When a gorgeous chestnut filly was born - a genetic rarity - we were stunned and ecstatic to add her to the family.

Electrict < -
    -> Checkmate Electric IK

(I was gonna age her up but then her socks were incorrect and i have to go in and change them oops)

Speaking of aging up.... 2019 is the year we finally retire our foundation stallion, Double Decker IK. The dude that started it all, we've had him since he was a daring and goofy colt with too much enthusiasm and not enough control. With lots of love and attention and training, Siri managed to work him into something resembling an acceptable hunter. Titled to the max in Show Hunters and with four titles to his name in Field Hunter Trials, he's a stallion to be proud of. In the interest of giving the guy the retirement he deserves, he'll be put out to stud for three coverings and then will be gelded to live out the rest of his life in peace. So look out for him soon!

DD 1
    Double Decker IK, titled stallion in Show Hunters and Field Hunter Trials <-
    -> DD2

We'll be back soon with the rest of our purchases and our grown up foals!

• Such beautiful acquisitions!!

• They both look like they’ve settled in nicely! They look great at your stable :heart:

• For some reason I cannot see the pictures but I'm sure they are all fantastic!

• @Breanna-Fahnestock yeah i think there was an issue on mobile because i couldn't see them but I think it's fixed now?

• I'm not on mobile and nope, I still can't see them. :(

• This post is deleted!

• @Breanna-Fahnestock i've changed the image host so if that doesn't work, I don't know what will!

@Amelia-Martin-Teagarden thank you!! :D

@Charlie-Smith they're settling in well. thank you so much :)

• @Siri-Kane That seems to have fixed it! I still cannot see the pics on your other posts though ;)

• Would you look at his young filly :O :heart_eyes: So glad he has another foal on the ground, especially since this was his last straw to be sold! Keep me tagged when she ages up!

• They call him Ezekiel.

He doesn't mind what they coo at him as long as they let him keep jumping about the green stuff. It's springy, soft, and tastes great. They leave him with his momma at first, skipping and jumping around the pasture, until his favourite two-legged human brings the apple and her box that flashes sunlight at him. He loves that box, always frolics and jumps extra hard whenever he sees it. He doesn't know what they do with the sunlight box, only that everyone gets excited when he's especially extra awesome.

Today, they put him in with another mare. She's big and loud but she lets him run as fast as he wants to and can actually keep up! Momma's always eating and telling him off, but this mare doesn't seem to care if he jumps too high or nips a little too hard. She's paying attention to the human with the light box.

Michonne & Ezekiel
    Michonne NC and In Ezekiel's Image IK

Finally the mare is led away by another human, this one with the leather harness and something in his pocket the mare seems eager to get to. Ezekiel doesn't pay it any mind. They're bringing another foal into the paddock.

It's Cressida. Ezekiel hates Cressida.

Cressida & Ezekiel
    In Ezekiel's Image and Cressida IK

Cressida couldn't care less if Ezekiel hates her.

The humans are paying attention and if they're paying attention that usually means snacks are about. Cressida could sniff out something edible if it was hiding in a haystack. She did that once, much to her Mama's distress, but the humans had been laughing instead of being disappointed so Cressida didn't care.

Today they have her standing in fields all day. Mama's not around, instead they have another mare who Cressida's never seen before and she seems pretty jumpy. Cressida runs when they tell her to run because when she doesn't, when she doesn't like the smell of the new mare and shies away, they give her snacks!

When they're done with the light box, Cressida can't wait to roll around and get extra dirty. Ezekiel can stand around and moan about the mud if he wants. Even if it means a shower and Mama's sighs, rolling in the mud is awesome.

When she's been extra crazy in the mud, Ezekiel doesn't bother her much when they're both put in the paddock with their mamas, and that's fine with her!

Alecta & Cressida
    Alecta NC and Cressida IK

Ioke Lake welcomes Cressida IK out of Alecta NC (via surrogate) by WHEC Othello (of @Andrea-Burdine's Rosewood & Arcadia) and In Ezekiel's Image IK out of Michonne NC (via surrogate) by AW Imaginaerum.

Both NC mares are courtesy of @Selene-Boutsikaris with Cressida carrying some very special genes from an exceptional horse!

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.