[RESULTS]Cavallo Rosso Eventing

• alt text
    alt textalt text

welcome

We welcome you to the first Equester Eventing Federation challenge here on Equus Community!

about the entries

As that club says that is an eventing competition so I wanna see your horses and riders in eventing.
    Since spring is next to our doors this challenge is spring themed. We wanna see your horses in a beautiful spring location!

rules

• Pictures need to be made by yourself
    • no predits allowed
    • no reposting pics
    • Horses for eventing are allowed other disciplines are not allowed
    • When you like to register your riders to get points vitis our clubroom
    • You dont need to be a member of our club
    • max. 3 entries per member, one horse can enter in EVERY class! for that please make one post and fill in the form for every pic.
      example: Zappalou and his rider Emma starting in edited dressage, non edited show jumping and non edited cc. Zappalou and Emma will be judged for every entry and will have the chance of 3x 1st place. All entries of Zappalou and Emma need to be in one post, the show card has to filled in 3x for every entry.
      Would one horse entering each class count as 3 entries? No! one horse entering each class would be one entry!
    • Our chatter can be found here or you join our slack channel!
    • all entries will be splitted in groups of 8 when we have enough entries
    • Horses dont need to be reg. or at the main site, riders either

classes:
    dancers E - edited dressage entries
    dancers N - none edited dressage entries
    flying one E - edited show jumping entries
    flying one N - none edited show jumping entries
    undergrowth hunter E - edited cross country entries
    undergrowth hunter N - none edited cross country entries

judging

That show will be judged traditional we judge our turnout, settings, perspectives, editing (in editing class), creativity and composing of the whole pic.

Judges:
    Hedwig Johnson
    Blake Bellanais
    Eric Varnheim

prices

• every rider earns 3 EE reward points
      1. place : 15 EE reward points + title ribbon + eventing pose pack ( 6 poses, 2 SJ, 2 Dressage, 2 CC) + Custom Ingame Pictures of Entries you have entered (sponsored by @Blake-Bellanaris )
      1. place : 10 EE reward points + title ribbon + halterpose pack ( 2 horse poses + 3 halter pose ) + Custom Ingame Pictures of Entries you have entered (sponsored by @Blake-Bellanaris )
      1. place : 5 EE reward points + title ribbon + photoshootpose pack ( 3 horseposes) + Custom Ingame Pictures of Entries you have entered (sponsored by @Blake-Bellanaris )

(looking for sponsors for some more prices)

alt text

entry card

I hope you will have fun!

Name:
    Ridersname:
    Horsename:
    Class:

text
    [image]

Some examples or better understanding how to post:

One user is allowed to have 3 entries, you can decide which spectrum you do in each entry!
    For example:
    Hedwig is competing with Winnie in Dressage and CC. (would be 1 entry, but 2 pics!)
    Helena is staring with Friedrich in Dressage. (would be the 2nd entry with just one pic!)
    At least Tim starts for CC, Show Jumping and Dressage with Maxwell. (would be the 3rd entry with 3 pics)
    So in that situation you would have 6 pics = 3 entries.
    You also can say you just do 2 ( 6 in total). pics for every entry or even 3 for all ( 9 in total) or even just one pic for every horse (3 in total).
    If you join all 3 disciplines with one horse, the pics will be sorted in the groupes of dressage, show jumping and cc anyways but your horse, since it has 3 pics has the chance of 3x to be placed 1st!
    When you want to enter 3 pics of one horse in one entry post it in 1 post! You can edit the post and add it till the challenge is closed

• Name: Monique Varieur
    Ridersname: Monique Varieur
    Horsename: Varieur's Josephine
    Class: Flying One N

"Is Jose ready to go yet?!" I yelled across the yard to the driver of my van. He insisted on loading horses into the trailer himself to ensure they were tied in properly and safely. I heard him chuckle followed by hoofbeats. Nope there she is. We were having to take two trips, one with Jose and one with Don simply to make sure Don didn't get over excited having a mare that close to him in a trailer.
    "She's as antsy as you are Moni. Like rider like horse I guess. Don is calm and cool." Danny had no idea how excited I was to finally get to show Jose. We have been training for 4 years now to get her show ready. From long hacks to random horns honking along a trail to make her sound and bomb proof and ready for anything. I patted miss Jose on the rump as she went passed but also double and triple checked her shipping boots and blanket. She flattend her ears in mock anger as her tail and eyes were relaxed while I fussed with the strap under her tail.

Four Hours Later

I hate long drives, an hour and I'm ready to rant and complain about every little bump or divet in the road. Danny was used to it though and would laugh everytime I sighed or huffed or pouted. I squeed with joy when I saw the small show ground dead ahead and got my boots on ready to go get registered. Before the truck fully stopped I leaped outta the cab and was gone, registered, and waiting in 15 minutes. I was the only one that could get Jose tacked, which was done right but quickly as well. It was still early but we were he first into the jumping portion of the event, thankfully. It was still pretty dead this early as a lot fo the bigger names would arrive later in the day.

The announcer said our name, stable and number and Danny helped me onto Jose. I saw him grab the camera and follow at our side. I was happy he had decided to bring it because it meant our first ever show would be captured at least once on film. Hopefully it wasn't a refusal or a spill he decided to photograph! Nope, to my joy he caught us going over the final jump in our class, and I have to say to me...it looked pretty much flawless. Hopefully the judges thought so as well!

alt text

Name: Monique Varieur
    Class: Undergrowth Under N

It was finally time for the cross country event, Jose was rested and even her nerves were on end. Jose was already ready for anything, she seemed to know and get excited when she saw the saddle it was time for work. Our weekly hacks always involved leaps and bounds, twists and turns. What they lacked in is what this course had involved...the beach. Now this big mare might be bomb proof, goose proof, and kitten proof, but with the ocean 4 hours away I had never thought of training her at the actual course....oops. She could do his, she did fine in the parade where the fire trucks had archs of water being sprayed. She did even better down by the duck pond. Couldn't be much worse then that....right?

Race Time

The buzzer rang and Jose lept forward, she had the speed and grace to get through the course without any issues. I had settled the butterflies in my stomach and was all business as we went through the course that wound through the woods that boarded the ocean. I could smell the sea and feel the cool misty breeze on my face the closer we got to that final turn. Being the last rider of the day meant we had to be at the top of our game. I felt the change in Jose's steps as the ground went from packed dirt and grass to sand. Thought it was packed down from previous riders it was still new to the big palomino mare. She was doing well, a small falter in her step as she adjusted to it. Which made my nerves relax again..

The final jump

There it was, the spring weather had caused the wild flowers to start to bloom and the light rain we had the nightbefore made the sand glitter when the light hit it just right. The jump was right ahead, the crowed lined the beach watching us approach and Jose flicked her ears towards me, the jump, and them several times before I felt her fall into that slightly faster pace she gets when she's waiting for me to give her her head so she can do her thing over the jump. Now, normally I don't close my eyes over a jump...but with the footing on the other side being one we have never trained on. I closed my eyes, gave Jose her head, and we soared right on over and into her perfect after jump gallop....we had made it. I could see the finish line ahead and continued forward as though I had never been worried at all...Jose had this all under control and could do anything I put in her path...

alt text

Class: Dancers N

I'm not normally a dressage rider, I like to do jumps and cross country but when it comes down to my baby Jose no one else rides her. So it was up to me to land a decent performance. Thankfully I wasn't that nervous, a bit annoyed with how cloudy and rainy it was. Mostly because I wasn't a fan of indoor arenas I like the fresh air and sounds don't echo off the walls let alone annoying lights that blind you and your horse. Jose was a speed mare, she liked cross country above all else because i was normal footing and long distance, I swear she thinks shes a race horse. So getting and keeping her collected during the dressage phase is a chore in itself. But that's okay..today she was doing very well.

I beamed with pride as we moved through her patterns and motions. She wasn't putting up a fuss, no irriated bit chewing and no I'm annoyed tail flicks! That was a first for my little Jose, normally I couldn't have a moment of not feeling her teeth grinding against the cool metal of her sweet-iron bit. It wasn't a long performance, I picked a slightly shorter music routine matched with a more complex yet sorter movement pattern to match, maybe that's why Jose isn't as bored with it...it's not a simple pattern but complicated. Silly mare, all I could do was hope we did well seeing as my horse and I didn't like this phase much.

alt text

• Name: Hilda Wilson
    Ridersname: Timon Schmidt
    Horsename: GFH Afternoon Lights
    Class: Undergrowth Hunter E

Timon was very busy getting GFH Afternoon Lights under control. He moved forward powerfully and sped up for the next jump. Timon sat deeper in the saddle and calmed GFH Afternoon Lights with his voice.
    GFH Afternoon Lights responded and Timon was able to jump the jump properly. Now came a wooden bench. GFH Afternoon Lights got a little scared, wood benches are very, very scary. He was a young horse and still very inexperienced. But Timon is a good rider and he led him in a good line to the jump. GFH was briefly undecided and wanted to refuse, but in the end he jumped. Timon praised him and steered him around the bend to the next gallop track.

Bild Text

• Name: Deheive Aro
    Ridersname: Julie Zhu
    Horsename: Lovsta's Roman Hill

As a young horse with prospects for eventing, Roman actually was not a natural at handling competitions. This time we only took him out so he can have our full attention.
    'Cool! good boy!' Julie gave Roman a little scratch on his neck before they go into the arena...
    alt text
    They trotted around the arena like pros! I thought 'oh this could be the time Roman grows up!'... Well maybe not, As soon as they saluted and started trotting towards the judges Roman did a massive spook. He spooked, spinned and ran out of the arena. So...look at the bright side we can go home early now :)
    alt text

• Name: Constantine Vale
    Ridersname: Antoni Kossak
    Horsename: Hells Bells AW

Class: dancers E
    x

Class: undergrowth hunter E
    x

Class: flying one E
    x

• Name: Constantine Vale
    Ridersname: Marketa Vale
    Horsename: Tortuga AW

Class: dancers E
    x

Class: undergrowth hunter E
    x

Class: flying one E
    x

• "Are you ready for this boy?"

As though he understood Joan Don nuzzled her cheek and swished his tail before looking around the big arena. Joan and Don had come to us when she was suspended from her private school in the states, she was my cousin. Her mother said it was the last choice before she ended up in jail, I said sure why not. Though what I didn't know was Joan was coming with her big Dutch Warmblood Stallion Don. Apparently she used to just ride him out on hacks or escape her mothers home late at night on the big stallion, not going to fly here. See, my horses might be treated like royals but they had to earn their keep and this big boy would be no exception.
    *"If you want to keep him you will both train, show, do chores, and work your rear ends off or I'm shipping you both home to your mother and she will do as she pleases" I never expected them to make a grand eventing team, Joan trained daily so long as homework was finished. Don accepted the training and seemd to enjoy it more then anythign when he was working. It had been a long year coming but I finally felt the two were ready for their first 3 Day Event...the Cavallo Rosso 3 Day Event had arrived in Spain a week ago. We had one horse already par taking and as Joan was acing all her school work I said she could take part.

Day One

Ridersname: Joan Bradford
    Horsename: Varieur's Don Calypso

The first day of the event was the dressage show, Joan was an expert at it by now even if Don had his ears set out lazily and seemed bored by it as though it was to easy for the big boy. Which was fine! He learned and performed it as though it was just another day at work and like he had been born to do it. He responded well to Joan during the show, even when a toddler decided to run down the bleachers and along the side of the arena right by his face screaming and waving some loud annoying toy...he didn't flater or even pay any attention to the tiny screaming human, well minus an irritated swish of his tail to show he was annoyed by it. *"Me too boy" said Joan in a whisper to her horse.
    Joan had kept her patterns and music choice hidden to me, which I wasn't happy about but whatever it was an experiance for them both. It was a soft classical melody that dawned the speakers and her pattern was simple enough that it could be seem as complex to one that didn't know the sport very well or to a judge...made to seem like they had been in training far longer then the mear year that it was. For a troubled teen and a kill pen bought stallion....they were a match in the arena that I couldn't help but feel my feathers ruffle in pride over.

alt text

Day Two

The next morning started off rather interesting. Don apparently had decided to get out of his stall, wander from RV to RV until he finally found ours and was out front grazing on the lush spring grass. My phone began blaring at 5AM when Danny had gone to start his morning routine with the show horses we had brought with us and paniced because Mr.Clever wasn't in his stall. This then caused me to panic and Joan to panic and we ran outside without boots and in our PJ's to begin searching for our missing horse. Didn't take long because I was greeted by the tail end of a big bay as soon as I ran out the front door of my RV and ended up falling right on my rear.

"Don....I swear your mother is a goat and your father a donkey..." I didnt yell the words, I growled them through gritted teeth. Joan was doubled over laughing to the point her face was turning purple and I was sitting in the wet grass staring at a stallions butt before he turned around and tried to chew my hair with already grass soiled horse slobber. *"Joan go get dressed and get him ready, if he thinks he's all big and bad and ready to be out of the comfort of his stall he can go get warmed up for the show jumping event today. You're one of the first riders." Joan groaned but did as she was told, but before she left she made a pot of coffee and a mug for us both.
    Couple hours later and I was standing on the side lines watching Joan make her way through the course on a horse that acted like every jump was a stick that he could step over, I couldn't help but rub my temples and face palm as he made it over every jump in a graceful yet lazy manner. Guess it was time to raise the bars at home and give him something challanging to go over. They did well other then his I'm to big for this, your a stick and your a stick oh look a twig I can step over attitude. Hopefully I was the only one that was catching onto that studs lazy attitude and the judges didn't notice.

alt text

Day Three

Class: Undergrowth Hunters N

"Well boy, its the final day. And your fave part....cross country!" Joan squealed excitedly and Don nickered in agreement. He followed Joan as she came over to me in order to go over the course for the millionth time just to make sure she knew what to expect especially with Don. Don had this bad habit when we were training to get the bit between his teeth and go rogue. Last time we did a practice run he jumped 4 logs, 2 cats, a kiak, and a goose which chased his tail for a quarter of a mile. Hopefully today went smooth as butter and we didn't anger any geese or cats..
    "He should do better today, there's a crowed that is normally along the sidelines unlike when we do mock runs by ourselves when its quiet." She had a point...he knew the difference between trial runs and the real deal. Smart horse....I just hope he kept his brain in his head instead of on the bit. The rider before us was approaching the second to last jump so we got Don saddles, Joan dressed, and off to the starting line we went.
    Don pranced and chomped the bit the closer we got to the line. He half reared but Joan quickly corrected him. It wasn't to much longer and the buzzer rang out. Joan and Don lept forward, I covered my face for a moment because Don had the bloody bit between his teeth already, so long as Joan could correct it now there shouldn't be any issues...
    I took Jose down along the course at a trot watching as I could, Joan had a good hold on Don now and was the one in Charge, he made his way through the course flawlessly. He even avoided the pond full of ducks! I went on ahead to the end of the course to wait, while Danny followed behind with the camera and four wheeler to get a few snaps for the wall at home. Hopefully Don and Joan placed well in this show and could continue to improve!

alt text

• Name: Katherine Star Ackles
    Ridersname: Katherine Star Ackles
    Horsename: Pss Kamberbay
    Class: dancers N
    alt text
    Name: Katherine Star Ackles
    Class : flying one N
    alt text
    Class : undergrowth hunter N
    alt text

Ridersname: Suzanne Star
    Horsename: Pss Ridley
    alt text
    Class : flying one N
    alt text
    Class: undergrowth hunters N
    alt text

Ridersname: Jensen Ackles
    Horsename: SBS Indiana
    alt text
    Class: flying one N
    alt text
    Class: undergrowth hunter N
    alt text

• Name: Marc Sanders
    Ridersname: Dallas Smith
    Horsename: Stradivarius

alt text

Name: Marc Sanders
    Class: Flyers N

alt text

alt text

Ridersname: Kori Williams
    Horsename: LG Snowman

alt text

alt text

alt text

Ridersname: Emery Williams
    Horsename: LG Gingerbread

alt text

alt text

alt text

• Name: Alexa la Coupe
    Rider's name: Emmaline McCollins
    Horse's name: ECL Clair de Lune
    Class: Dancers E

dressage

Name: Alexa la Coupe
    Rider's name: Emmaline McCollins
    Horse's name: ECL Clair de Lune
    Class: Flying Ones E

sj

• Name: Cassie James
    Riders Name: Grace Hampton
    Horse Name: WPW Here There Be Monsters
    alt text

Name: Cassie James
    Class: Flying one N
    alt text

Class: Undergrowth Hunter N
    alt text

• Name: Cassie James
    Riders Name: Ariel Rose
    Horse Name: SCA Infinity and Beyond
    alt text

alt text

alt text

• This post is deleted!

• Name: Callixta Rosella
    Riders name: Kizzy Campbell-Black
    Horse name: Meraxes AW
    alt text

Class: Undergrowth hunter N
    alt text

alt text

• Competition Committee

Name: Chloe Dunbar
    Ridersname: Christina Ross
    Horsename: WYE Aristocrat
    Class: Undergrowth Hunter E

alt text

• Administrators

Name: Blake Bellanaris
    Riders name: Felicia Moon
    Horse name: RFS Secret of Thalassa

alt text

Riders name: Felicia Moon
    Horse name: RFS Secret of Thalassa

alt text

• Administrators

Riders name: Blake Bellanaris
    Horse name: Hollow's Just in Divine

alt text

Riders name: Blake Bellanaris
    Horse name: Hollow's Just in Divine
    Class: undergrowth hunter N

alt text

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.