Riding style English
    Love Reading
    Enjoy Painting
    Hate Photos
    I am 5'4
    I have 3 horses 2 dogs, 3 cats

• ♦ A simple Spring Day

alt text

I have had this little mare from the moment her feet hit the ground, it was a beautiful spring night, about 2 in the morning. She was her dams first foal so I was ensuring everything went smooth from outside of the stall. I rarely got involved when horses were birthing. But that night was the one time I had to call for the vet who lived a house up from our property, we worked for several hours on J's dam...sadly by the end of the night I was holding a bottle of foal formula and my husband was locating his bobcat to dig a grave at the back end of the property by the vineyard. I was devastated as was my husband . There was a silence over the barn that day, even the orphaned foal was quite despite her soft suckling sounds when I was giving her a bottle.

Over the next several weeks, I slept in the fillies stall. I worked with her, trained her from a young age, even brought her into our house when it was super cold. Which made my husband chuckle but that was just me....a soft hearted female in his terms. As she grew I called her filly, until I finally found a name that suited her....Josephine. She and I bonded until she was old enough to fend for herself on the pasture with the other horses, but still she greeted me everytime I walked by her pasture, was the first to stick her head out the stall door in the mornings, and the first horse I trained myself for show. Even if she is not competing she goes with us, as we found out she will whinny and either jump apaddock fence or try to bust a stall down when she hasn't seen me or if I am gone....

alt text

alt text

alt text

• ♦ Amber and her mount Freya

alt text

Mane and tail credit belongs to Gut Lichtenstein

• Wow Freya is such a good looking horse! SO big!

• I love Josephine's story, sad but so sweet!

• Thank you so much :) I am very proud of my horses and the fact people do like them :D

• ♦ The Great Grade Challange

Horse's Name: Varieur's Prima Donna
    Grade Type: Warmblood
    Coat: Chestnut Roan Splash
    Breed Makeup (Percentages): 50% TB 50% Spanish Warmblood
    Story/Roleplay:

alt text
    Out at pasture Confo
    alt text alt text

A few years ago a stud horse at a near by livery had gotten out of the stable and took off into the mountains, he had been missing for a good year before all this happened. I was fine and swell with this until my beloved Spanish Warmblood fell pregnant out of the blue! My Josie was my pride and my joy and in her prime, she was showing and winning. She was perfection and now I had no idea WHO she had done the 4 hoof tango with but I was not pleased, in fact I was livid and wanted the stud apprehended so this couldn't happen again.

I spoke to the owner of the stud horse that was now nicknamed the Ghost. I was hopeful after hearing the studs pedigree and achievements that the foal would be his. Though a grade in the eyes of many the foal would be something special to us. We waited....and waited....and waited. A fall foal...we were through the summer months and she was finally showing signs of the pregnancy being over...a fall foal really? Fall foals were not my favorites to tend to especially with the winter closely nipping at its heels.

It was sunrise, about 53 degrees outside, and foggy. One of the riders for our team was doing the morning chores when my cell phone started to blow up, of course the night I decided to head to the house to sleep.
    “Hello?” I was tiredly
    “Um, so, that foal you’ve been waiting for Moni? She’s here....” Took me a moment to notice it was Amber calling, must of come in early to get her chores done and go for a hack on her personal little quarter horse.
    “That’s nic...wait...Josie’s foal?!” Before the word foal left my lips I was out of bed and throwing on a pair of shorts and struggling to put my boots on and run at the same time. Her first foal ever and she did so while I was asleep! I was half way across the yard when I realized...I forgot a damn shirt. No time to go back now!

I looked a fool as I walked into the barn in front of my staff, sister, and the barn manager I hired to help out...riding boots, cotton shorts, and my bra...my hair tassled and going crazy...but there she was...a beautiful red...wait...red roan and splash.....Josie wasn’t happy about all the crowding going on outside her stall and had herself between us and the foal ears pinned and randomly snapping at everyone around. I stood up a little straighter and told everyone the chores would need to be finished and that Josie’s area was off limits until the evening so she could calm down and spend time with the foal.

~~ That was 3 years ago~~

Today this little filly is getting her name, a name that will forever define who she is and relate to her in everyway. We don’t name after sire’s and dam’s here at Varieur’s we name based upon the horse. It’s why they are rarely named anything more then something as generic as filly or boy, colt or girl, ect. until they’re matured and shown us who they are at heart. Josie’s name means “God Has Multiplied” which for this mares luck he did...he increased her chances of suriving when she was orphaned as a foal. She has always wanted to be the center of attention, and throws a royal fit should her way not be met or kept. We swapped her grain and she dumped her bucket. Wanted her to move circles around the arena on lunge and she pawed the ground and looked the other way with nose turned in the air...she was above all a Prima Donna....which is how she has earned that to be her name...So today I proudly introduce you to Varieur’s Prima Donna .

What was once a mistake has turned into a lovely little project mare that we have developed high hopes for. She has the quailties of her dam and the spirit of her sire, whom might I add is still wandering around as a "Ghost" in the mountains above our home in the foothills. Maybe someday we will get our hands on the unruley stallion and keep him for our own...or maybe he will remain the legend he has become. No matter what, there is a part of him coursing through Fancy's veins.

• ♦ New Beginnings

alt text

It had been some time since I had ridden any of the horses at the estate, after a fall over a water jump that ended with a hoof to the head I wasn't ready to start riding again until I felt ready. My trainer constantly told me "You have to get back in the saddle when you fall." I just rolled my eyes and went back to whatever it is that I was doing. It wasn't until a cool fall morning that I woke up and had the itch to go ride and be around the horses, I dug out my boots and my pants, grabbed one of my older comfy hoodies and went out to the barn. Popeye was the first to stick his head out of the stall and try to gain my attention. I walked along the stalls and gazed at all of my lovely mounts my dear Jose wasn't very happy with my and it was plain the the fire in her eye and how she turned her rump to me as I stopped at her stall. I guess I wont be trying to ride her today, so I went back to grumpy Pops and led him to the wash stall. I gave him a good 2 hour long grooming which he seemed to nap during.

Of course, he threw a fit and filled his gut with air when I went to put the saddle on, he fought the bit and pawed the ground when I finally got the girth tight and in place. I took a deep breath, patted him on the neck and out to the small dry lot I went. I wasn't ready to get into the arena yet not when it would just put the big boy into work mode, I wanted to relax and have a horse relaxed for my first ride after a long break. Pops and I walked....and walked....and walked and finally he seemed to have enough and with ease I wasn't ready for moved into a slow canter. I felt alive again, I smiled and talked sweety to the normally grumpy boy. He moved around the dry lot and seemed almost careful where he put his hooves, a horse that normally made you aware he was teh boss and only worked when he wanted to or was in the arena.

As I cooled him down I saw my girlfriend fighting with OCS Devils Whiskey, aka Bitch. She was a big beautiful fleabitten gray AQH. But she had a major attitude and didn't exactly like Jami. Now Jami Shaw was the love of my life who had been there from day one when I got the crazy idea to quick colleIge and start a horse ranch in hopes to be a world famous eventer with horses that people desired around the world. She was the one who sat by me in the hospital and who continued to keep the horses in good shape the entire time I was in my depressed state of not wanting anything to do with the ranch after my fall. She kept everything afloat. It was funny listening to her lecture the gray mare who kept pushing into her with ears flat against her skull. I knew the mare was just trying to push Jami's buttons but I still sat and watched ready to send Pops after the mare should she get away from her.

alt text

Pops and I went to stand beside the jumping arena as Jami and Whiskey finally made it through the gate and closed it. I wasn't exactly sure how far Jami had gotten in her jumping while I was away, but did notice how high the jumps were. Andrew was coming from the barn in his training garb to watch which means they had been working together in my absence. It was almost enchanting watching the two of them fly over the jumps, though I felt my eyes wandering from time to time but that's another story. I flinched a bit when the mares hooves grazed the tops of the final fences rails and brought one tumbling down. Pops turned his big brown eyes to my boot and gave it a lick which made me giggle and nudge his nose. I missed riding and being around the staff and horses...it was time I came back and it was time for a new adventure here at Varieur Estates...

alt text

• ♦ A finial Photo Spam

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.