Broken Save - Solved

• Now sure how to describe this, but I've broken my save game, and I desperately want to know if there's a way to somehow "rescue" the family from the save?

I was altering a personal world of mine, and saved it under a different name, exported it, and downloaded it to sims.
    Once sims had loaded I saw the save files of using the world before I altered it were grey-ed out, I'm guessing by altering the world, it messed up the files?

Is there any way to save this? I don't think I have a back up of the files before I altered the world.
    I redownloaded the old exports of the world and it hasn't changed anything..

Help?

• Something similar happened to me at one point, and it meant that the world the family was on was no longer installed in my game? If that's the case, maybe take out your new world and reinstall the one you were using. If that works, you can go in and export the family!

• You have to uninstall the modified world from the launcher, take it out of the InstalledWorlds folder in the game folder, and I believe take out of the files relating to that world in the WorldCaches folder as well.

Once you do that I think you should be able to reinstall the OLD version of the world (where the family was saved) and access them. I’m not sure if I covered everything; I’ve experienced the same but I never tried this myself since it didn’t matter to me.

Good luck with your game! I’ll add/edit as needed when I’m able to check my files when I get back home :slight_smile:

• @Alexa-la-Coupe said in Broken Save:

You have to uninstall the modified world from the launcher, take it out of the InstalledWorlds folder in the game folder, and I believe take out of the files relating to that world in the WorldCaches folder as well.

Once you do that I think you should be able to reinstall the OLD version of the world (where the family was saved) and access them. I’m not sure if I covered everything; I’ve experienced the same but I never tried this myself since it didn’t matter to me.

Good luck with your game! I’ll add/edit as needed when I’m able to check my files when I get back home :slight_smile:

I had exactly the same problem and that's what I did. I do not remember right now if I needed to reinstall the world, although I think that was not necessary.

• @Rachel-Deacon @Alexa-la-Coupe @Irene-Crownguard Thank you all, going to try this now so will post the outcome, all your help is much appreciated <3

• It worked!! Thank you all so much! <3 :D

• Congratulations!! Good to hear it worked :D

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.