Quill Moaney [SSH Barbatos 05/12]

• @Callixta-Rosella aww thank you Cal :heart:

Zarouge

alt text

@Bree-Asgard This pretty mare has been with us since the start of the year. She has steadily progressed in both of her disciplines and is a valuable schoolmaster when it comes to taking the younger riders around the bigger courses. She's a very careful mare, never one to touch a pole but wary of taking the plunge into big water jumps. Zarouge competes at CCI* in Eventing (+4) and Level 8 in Show Jumping (+7).

QM No Adrenaline

alt text

This is one of our homebred babies, although she's now nearly ten years old so we can't really call her a baby anymore! She's also the most hot tempered of all our horses and has had more disqualifications than the rest of our yard put together. James Whitby is the only rider who has stuck with her, he's put years of work into keeping her settled and now they've finally reached CCI** with plans to move further up the levels in the future. She currently holds a Regional title in Eventing (+11) and a State title in Dressage (+6).

Kraven d'Auroy

alt text

@Gwen-Parker Ok, I'm going to gush so nobody fight me. This mare is hands down the favourite horse I own. Originally Kraven was on long term loan to us, and as the only horse I had competing over Level 5 she really showed me the ropes when it came to competing at Equus. We've gone from 85 points in Eventing to 230 and although she's getting on a bit (a Dancing Queen at 17) I can't bring myself to retire her. She's Alexis' main gal and they compete at CCI*** in Eventing and are capped at Level 6 in Dressage, where they are 17 points off their International title.

• alt text

"You can't keep leaving their doors open, Jess"
    "She respects me, she wouldn't dare..."

This blue eyed gal was a recent gift from @Callixta-Rosella :heart: She adds some spice into our majority bay Show Jumping team and is ridden by the blindly trusting Jessica Nockton.

• Great looking pons you have there :heart:

• Just Humans, No Horses Today

I think I love these photos because they’re spontaneous, unposed and unstaged. Two old friends teetering on tipsiness at their local pub, slow dancing to the disapproving stares of old farmers.

Eve wearing heels just so she can stare him in the eye, a mistake on her part as now she can barely walk. James laughing at her clumsiness, the responsibility of keeping them both standing falling to him.

No horses today, just two of the staff, individuals who between them are responsible for the welfare of all of our new arrivals and fledgling Eventers. James Whitby and Evelyn Moore, friends before the madness of Quill Moaney, snatching an hour from the week to remember they're still human.

alt text

alt text

• i love the writing you paired with the pictures ❤️ i always enjoy reading about the life behind people’s stables, and the way you described their humanness was perfect 💯

• @Alexa-la-Coupe thank you for being so kind, I struggle to get words onto a page so it was lovely to see your comment :heart:

Sensible Beauty REC and Katalyn Ingliston

alt text
    p.s please look at the horse and not at my lazy af editing

This is Beauty's debut in my album, she's only been with me for a short while and is a recent purchase from @Breanna-Fahnestock! We are very excited to finally own a REC horse and hope she will have a bright show jumping career ahead of her.

Also life update: I finally have a working game, like it actually loads without me having to minimise the screen forty million times!!! This is a whole new world, after two years I finally see the light :joy: Now to rebuild and update all my ponies, I'm planning on selling a few more over the coming weeks (just need to get their pics taken first).

• QM Signs of Life and Thomas O'Reilly

alt text alt text alt text

Introducing our most colourful boy, QM Signs of Life, otherwise known as Sen. He's been to a couple of shows (with no degree of success) and much prefers lazing in a field than doing an form of actual work. Thomas is in charge of his education and the pressure is on him to get Sen to a level where he can be used for Stud.

• alt text alt text alt text
    hahaha I shall never properly edit again, this trash is my life now

So I am officially in love with this horse, he recently arrived from @Danielle-Maddox and competes in Show Jumping and Puissance. He's still a baby, recently backed and has competed at a couple local shows (an update to follow). He's not confident yet and is still very unbalanced in the canter, leading to a lot of bucking and changing behind. On one hand I want to throw him out to grow up but on the other I need to take more photos haha

• PR Committee

Barbatos looks fantastic with you! He certainly takes after Baphomet's side! Can't wait to see him grow up into a fine young man! Good luck with him!

• What a beauty 😍

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.