[CC][C:L10][RP PHASE ENDED] Show Hunters

• Competition Committee

Competition Committee
    Quonochontaug Hunter Classic
    SHOW HUNTERS
    05.16-05.18.2018 11:59 PM EST
    Judged by Leah Harrington

Regulations

• All entry fees must be paid in full to the CC SHOW HUNTERS account on the main site for your entry to be processed.
    • Please include the 'Show Name' in the Payment Memo.
    • The system does not accept punctuation in payments at this time. If you put, for example, $50.00 when you send payment, you will be sending $5,000! Just type in $50 with no decimal places. Please pay once for your entire entry, not per horse!
    • Payments must be made by the same member who entered the horse.
    • Horses may not be cross-entered in different levels at the same show.
    • Riders may compete up to two horses in each class.
    • Horses must be registered with the appropriate discipline to be eligible to compete.
    • Member can enter up to 5 horses per level with 50 horses total.
    • If there are more than 14 participants in one class, it will be split. Classes with fewer than 10 participants will have phantom horses added to meet the minimum requirement.
    • Go to the SHOW HUNTERS Leaderboard to check your horse's current level. Horses may enter below their level but those entered above will be disqualified and entry fee confiscated.
    • Error change requests/discipline declarations are not guaranteed to be completed by end of show, especially those submitted on its final day.
    • Undeclared horses will be disqualified and entry fee confiscated.
    • Duplicate entries will result in a DQ and will not be refunded. If the same horse is entered by multiple members, only first entry is taken into account and any following entries will be disqualified.

Classes & Fees

• CROSSRAIL (1): $75 entry fee
    • SCHOOLING (2): $150 entry fee
    • BABY GREEN (3): $225 entry fee
    • PRE-GREEN (4): $300 entry fee
    • GREEN (5): $375 entry fee
    • WORKING (6): $450 entry fee
    • PERFORMANCE (7): $525 entry fee
    • HIGH PERFORMANCE (8): $600 entry fee
    • HANDY (9): $675 entry fee
    • DERBY (10): $750 entry fee

Entry Card

CountDown

Questions, comments, and entry corrections should be posted as replies to this thread.

• Please fix the space in front of WRNGS Jassara bint Al Wahid :)

• Accidentally sent payment twice, I think it was an internet problem, sorry!

• Please remove the space before MPS One Way Ticket so that the name is correct. Thank you!

• Can you please remove the space before Adagio von Beethoven NC 's name please? Please and thank you!

• Competition Committee

All reported errors/requests have been taken care of ;)
    @Isabella-Khrazenzia I'll make sure to send a refund for your second payment as soon as I start working on judging :blush:

• Competition Committee

• Competition Committee

ROLEPLAY PHASE

Guidelines

• This phase will remain open for 14 days from the time of this post.

• You can submit any photo, story or a combination photo and story, as long as the entry is original and has not previously been used.

• Horses need to be entered in the randomized phase to qualify.

• Horses that have been disqualified may enter and collect points.

• A total of 5 horses per member can be entered in the Role Play phase.

• Entries must be submitted via the Roleplay Phase Entry Form to be counted and earn RP Rewards.

Minimum Requirements

• Story entries must be at least 300 words long and related to the show or the entry will not be counted. Entries longer than 300 words will not receive extra achievement points.

• Photos can be inspired by how your horse did in the competition portion of the show or you can do anything related to the show - e.g. arriving at the show, watching a class, etc.

Rewards

• One entry will award 2 points (photo or story).

• If both a picture and story are submitted, 1 extra point is awarded for a possible total of 3 points per horse.

• Each entry in the Roleplay Phase will award 20 Achievement Points ($1,000 prize money). For more information on Achievement Points please see The Achievement Points Guide

ENTRY CARD

CountDown

Entries must be submitted via the Roleplay Phase Entry Form to be counted and earn RP Rewards

• alt text

Inside leg, inside leg, inside leg, I reminded to myself, willing the mare to relax and holding with my outside rein. KPE Liebling was still a young mare and she still had a lot to figure out as she grew into herself. Luckily though she didn't have that much to grow into as the mare was turning out smaller than expected, something which was actually serving to her advantage in the hunter ring. Jumpers she was still figuring out, but it certainly wasn't her height that was holding her back, the mare could jump, that was for sure, she just needed a little direction.

Today was all about hunters though, I reminded myself. Personally it had never been my favourite, I would much rather be tearing around a jumper ring, but the dainty little mare was growing my love for it. She had greyed out to the point that she was nearly white as a snow hare and she looked like she belonged in the hunter ring. I wasn't so sure about myself though.

Taking a deep breath I lifted my chin up and urged the mare into a canter, we still had to make the most of our warm up before our class. She easily glided forward, taking up the contact as I loosened the reins slightly but keeping her frame round. I glanced around, noticing where the other riders where in the ring before calling out
    "Crossing the diagonal!" I noticed a few heads turn and looked across to the other end of the arena, using my seat to turn the white mare but holding her steady, she had a tendency to swap leads too quickly and anticipate.
    "Easy girl" I spoke softly, still holding her back as she gave a slight head shake. Just as we crossed the centre line, I moved the position of my lower leg by an inch backwards, relaxing my outside rein and felt the mare change effortlessly underneath. I smiled. As much as I wanted her to follow in her mother's hoofsteps, and I certainly was still holding out hope for her showjumping, it was easy to see that she excelled in the Hunter arena.

• Code of Artex & Heather Cameron -  3rd Place

Having a horse with an excellent foundation in Dressage is awesome for jumping. Heather always knew Artex would be a good hunter: Agile, fast but most importantly pretty and easy to handle. The show this weekend showed her strengths all over again.
    Artex is an old showing pro so loading into the trailer is as easy as pointing her towards it and asking her to go in. The drive and warming up in the ring is uneventful. Artex doesn’t spook easily and has seen a fair number of show grounds. “I know this is going to be a good one.” Heather whispered to her mare. The buzzer sounded and they were of. The course wasn’t too difficult but still Pre-Green level is nothing to scoff at. They had jumped higher at home and Heather felt confident, that she and her horse would manage the course with ease.
    They flew over the first few jumps. “One, two, three and jump. Good Girl!” Heather praised. Artex was moving really good. At some of the turns she was maybe a bit too slow, but moved faster again when asked. “Okay, now to the wall over there. Well done!” Heather was smiling. This was really going fantastic. But they weren’t finished yet. The next jump was a big oxer. “We can do this. Don’t worry, Artex” Heather put on some more leg and Artex jumped obediently. “Great job! Now let’s finish this course”
    At the end only the time kept them from winning it all but Heather couldn’t care less. Her horse did amazing and going a bit fast was an easy thing to improve for the next show. “I’m so happy with you!” she whispered to her horse and gave her a treat for a job well done. “Next time we will get first place!”

• PBR Feel Free & Tricia Harper - 11th Place

Well sometimes you win and sometimes everything goes wrong.
    Feel Free got broken in a bit later than most competition horses. She had a foal early in her life and got some time to just be a horse on the pasture after that. When she came with Tricia to Rhovanion Stables she was unfit and to be blunt very fat. But with a lot of training first on the flat and then over jumps she got into shape. She is a very quiet horse and definitely on the slower side, but she has a good heart and tries for her rider.
    Freely and Tricia drove with the other horses and riders to the show ground. In the warm up ring Freely was already not really focused on the jumps. She looked around the ring and didn’t listen well to Tricia. “Freely come on! Now is not the time for this.” Tricia got annoyed at her mare. She didn’t want to but it was frustrating when everything worked so well at home and at shows her horse acted like she had never jumped in her life. “Are you sure you want to start? You didn’t look the best in warmup.” “Yes, I know. We will do it though. She can’t get away with acting like this. I know she is a good hunter and I want the judges to see that too.” “Okay, I hope it goes well.” And it didn’t. Poles were flying left and right. Tricia couldn’t even blame her horse. She couldn’t see the strides and everything just felt off. She felt close to giving up when they came upon the vertical with the brown filler underneath. Tricia half thought Freely would spook at it but her mare found the right jump off point and they flew over the jump without touching the pole. “That was good!” Tricia exclaimed after the jump. They finished the course with only one more pole down. “Well it was certainly a learning experience.” The judge mussed.

• Logan Howlett

Logan is the type of person who likes to leave everything to the last minute, like learning the course on the way to the show arena. And everything started out so good. When the show got announced he signed up for it. He thought he had also signed up to travel with his horse Heartthago with the other riders from his barn but he must have forgotten. Because when he showed up early on Sunday morning planning to learn the course while riding in the back of the car, his horse happily munching on some hay in the trailer, there wasn’t any space left in either car or trailer. “You didn’t sign up, Logan.” “But I’m sure I did!” “Are you really sure?” “ … Maybe but how will I get there?” “You can take one of the other trailers but you need to drive your car to pull it.” “Okay, thanks.” So he got there. Late, but well he got there. It didn’t always work out this well for him. He got his horse ready and rode to the warmup ring. “I can’t remember if the wall comes before or after the oxer.” OMG I haven’t even looked at the course, Logan thought to himself, well there is always the ride to the arena. (We all wish we had nerves like Logan.) Heartthago is an ex-polo horse so he knows speed and thigh turns. Maybe he would have done better as a jumper than as a hunter. Nearly every show the get a comment from the judges about their wild jumping style and that you don’t need to gallop any part of the course, So also in this show. At first they canter along nicely but after the first jump Heartthago picks up the speed and Logan lets him. They finish their round with one pole down and the best time. Logan managed to remember to course and even got a 4th place. This lucky you have to be!

• alt text

Harry Frost is a show hunter like you dream of. He is a big warmblood, bay with some white on his legs and face, a nice canter and he can jump as high as the clouds. Or at least that is what you think when you first see him. Hope worked hard to transfer the ex-polo horse into a nice show hunter. It took a lot of sweat, tears and effort. At first he would walk over a pole and then he made big leaps over everything you placed in front of him. At his first show he spooked at the fence. Hope thinks and laughs about this every time she gets to a new arena. This show should be better. His last few shows weren’t very successful, a 3rd, a 7th and a 10th place. Hope was thinking about giving Harry a break and then starting again from very small jumps. This show would decide what she would do. Maybe her horse finally figured out how this whole show hunter business worked.
    They got there with the other horses and riders. Harry was a bit nervous but not too much. Warming up in the ring next to the arena went well and so did their start of the course. The first few jumps they managed. They weren’t the prettiest pair but Harry did well and Hope was happy enough with her horse. They were cantering beautifully across to the next jump, a high oxer, when there was a bang. A horse in the warmup ring had touched a pole that had then fallen down. Harry freaked out. He didn’t understand the sudden loud noise and he hated it. Hope tried and failed to calm her horse down. He galloped a few round around until she could calm him enough to get him into trot. Hope put on a brave face and tried to finish the course but Harry had lost all his calm. They ended up with a 10th place and the decision that a break was in order, but only after Harry got used to poles falling down.

• alt text

James is the most successful and experienced show hunter at Rhovanion Stables. He trained his horse Gentleman himself and has reached Handy level with him. At numerous shows they were able to get a ribbon or even a trophy for their perfect rounds. At this show it didn’t go according to plan. They arrived with the rest of the show hunter team from Rhovanion. James answered a couple of questions from newer ridders and then went to get his horse ready. First they would do the flat work part and then after a short break the over-fences part would follow. Gentleman went nicely in the warm up and James had high hopes. Maybe they would finally manage to reach derby level. He was really proud of the horse he created. Gentleman had been broken in but hadn’t done any real work. James tough him everything he knew about show hunter. The flat work part went really good, as usually. Gentleman stretched down into James hands well and the judges had lots of praise for both rider and horse. During the break James went to watch his fellow riders, especially the ponies. They are really cute, he thought. Maybe he should offer to coach their younger riders. He was sure he could teach them a few tricks. Then he went to get Gentleman ready for the second part of their show, the over-fences. Again James started with a good feeling but something went wrong. Gentleman and he couldn’t find the right rhythm and after a few jumps he felt dejected. He hoped he could change it so they could finish the course strong, but it didn’t work. They had a couple of poles down and their overall scores were poor. Even the fantastic flat work wasn’t able to save their ribbon. They ended up becoming 9th place.

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.