Equus Automatic Horse Registration

• Administrators

Hey Equus!
    It's been a while, I hope you're all doing well!

You've read the title, you know what's going on. I'm here today to tell you that I've been working on automatic, instant horse registration. (give or take 5mins)

Equus Automatic Horse Registration

BE AWARE: This is in testing and is a work in progress. If you encounter any errors or weirdnesses please reply to this thread!

Features of automatic registration:

• Automatic checking that the genotype is appropriate for the breed
    • Automatic checking that the horse breed is appropriate considering the parents breeds
    • Clear, concise & instant error messages if there are any concerns
    • Registration done in 5min from start to finish when horse details are correct.
    • No edit requests: If it's right, it's right! If it's not, send it in again. No time spent waiting for someone to see & make the edit you need!

What you need to know to use automatic registration:

• The automatic register can't check the conformation image but one is still required - staff will be conducting random checks to make sure the image is appropriate for the horse in question.
    • Entering a horses genotype is now a slightly more involved process. It may take a minute, but we hope that the benefit of instant registration makes this time worthwhile :)
    • While I have tested this system there is no way I could have tested each possible scenario and there will be bugs. If you are not comfortable posting bug reports, please continue to use normal reg
    • For the time being Equus will be using both normal reg and automatic reg. It is possible that, if automatic reg suits our purpose and can be made to be free of noticable bugs, we will remove normal reg. No decisions yet, please don't panic.
    • Yes, you figured it out, confo&coat are no longer being judged. I know this is a big change for Equus, but I also know that we all strive for quality, realistic horses as a matter of course, and not because we want to impress registrars.
    • Where is wild bay, or seal bay, or sooty?
      Regarding wild bay & seal bay - did you know that they're actually untestable expressions of the normal A bay gene? I didn't until Morgan told me. They've been left off this doc on purpose because of this, so all your wild bay or seal bay horses will need to use the same A as normal bays to go through this registration.
      Regarding sooty - similar answer here- sooty is an untestable colour shift that we on equus have simply fallen into the habit of including occasionally - it has also been left off this doc on purpose.
    • If you have a horse in the normal reg queue you most certainly can send them through here instead!
    • When registering a horse please don't enter parents if they are not registered - this prevents the outcross checker from being able to check the horse properly. If one of your horses parents aren't registered, your options are:
      1. Send in the parent for registration
      2. Resubmit the horse without the parent in question. You can always send through a change form in the future to add the horse to the pedigree if they become registered.

This list will be updated with information as I discover that members need it! Thanks for bearing with me :)

If you're struggling with knowing what colours/outcrosses your breed accepts, you will want to check out the Master Breed List or the Breed Lookup Gizmo (which uses the same terms & info as the AutoReg)

Equus Auto-Reg Form

Equus Auto-Reg Responses & Lookup

THIS THREAD IS LOCKED - PLEASE POST HERE

• Elsie I LOVE IT

• THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK :clap: <3 :sob:

• PR Committee

This post is deleted!

• Competition Committee

Would it be possible to auto-register horse already on the normal register or waiting to be approved for a change?

E: Yes! Go for it!

• Breed Committee

This post is deleted!

• Development Committee

This post is deleted!

• This is amazing!!!!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Horse ID: GVH Chaos
    Horse Name: 31446
    Details about error/bug: I accidentally registered my horse as a flaxen (ff) but actually it's FF

Horse ID: 31456
    Horse Name: GVH Eilytheia
    Details about error/bug: I accidentally registered my horse as a flaxen (ff) but actually it's FF

Horse ID: 31457
    Horse Name: GVH Gaia

• This post is deleted!

• @Lindsey-Warren thank you :)

• Horse ID: 31913
    Horse Name: Galileo's Trigger Happy
    Details about error/bug: Accidentally forgot to add Roan to his genotype..

Please use this form to report sheet errors/bugs only. A way to change your horses genotype will be set up shortly.

• This post is deleted!

• Horse ID: 30744
    Horse Name: Atlantis Z
    Details about error/bug: her registration doubled, dunno why, but the ff showed up in her genotype even though I only marked Ee Aa gg and all others were nn.

Elsie: every horse has their flaxen genes show up - make sure you pick between F and f ! Disregard the second entry, google forms does occasionally glitch and send things twice.

• This is amazing, Elsie! And just when I was about to spam the registration queue. :sweat_smile: Thank you for putting this together!

• Administrators

LOCKED - PLEASE POST HERE

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.