Hollow Creek Equestrian l Round Table Racing l Route 66 l 11/17 Dressage Tests!

• Administrators

alt text
    Hollow Creek is the current home of our association's English and Western horses, though the majority of our western horses will be splitting off under a new named soon. Spread over two facilities, Hollow Creek houses horses from all walks of life. Our Eventers, Jumpers, Hunters, Minis and Lesson horses are all kept right by the creek, while our Dressage, Classical, Saddle Seat, Driving, and Western Dressage horses are kept further into the fields.

• Administrators

0_1486171701609_cooltext229458901170537.png
    0_1486167165754_cooltext229451955994528.png
    ID Show Name Breed Sex Coat Title
    16082 Areion's Blood to Blood Irish Draught Mare Bay None
    19777 Areion's Lord of War Clydesday Stallion Bay Sabino None
    na Bandolera AR Andalusian Mare Black None
    12139 Besito L Andalusian Stallion Chestnut State Champion
    11688 Broudein's Bernadette Knabstrupper Mare Chestnut Leopard Local Champion
    16497 Crimson's Candlelight Hanoverian Mare Dark Bay None
    16498 Crimson's Double Touch Hanoverian Mare Black None
    7633 Crimson's Royal Girl Mare Hanoverian Dark Bay None
    20267 Hollow's All Eyes On Me Knabstrupper Mare Bay Leopard None
    21829 Hollow's Eclissi Mare Andalusian Cremello None
    21534 Hollow's Good Fortune Canadian Sport Horse Mare Gray on Bay None
    20265 Hollow's Marisol Mare Andalusian Palomino None
    12141 Ingrato L Andalusian Stallion Sooty Buckskin State Champion
    6341 MM Gymnopedie Knabstrupper Stallion Bay Near-Leopard State Champion
    22186 PAR Miraj Polish Arabian Gelding Gray on Chestnut None
    na PCRA Together Forever Andalusian Mare Bay None
    11388 QMR Leon Basilio Grade (ISH/PRE) Stallion Dunskin Overo Splash Local Champion
    7973 REEC One and Only Finnish Warmblood Stallion Buckskin Local Champion
    16507 SAEC Constellation Knabstrupper Mare Bay Leopard None
    25027 Valeria NC Trakehner Mare Bay None
    24610 Vasileios NC Trakehner Stallion Chestnut Local Champion
    6342 WCE Cloud Nine Belgian Warmblood Gelding Gray on Black None
    0_1486170065598_cooltext229456359722988.png
    16496 CLC Bailaora Menorquin Horse Mare Black None
    11255 DRS Patriot Gypsy Vanner Stallion Bay Tobiano None
    16506 HoS Jet Black AR Murgese Stallion Black None
    0_1486170072379_cooltext229452199506740.png
    16085 Areion's Whitest of the Gods American Cream Draft Stallion Champagne None
    22184 Hollow's Little Drummer Boy Drum Stallion Liver Chestnut Tobiano None
    22182 WSLW Big Tank Noriker Stallion Black Near-Leopard None
    0_1486170095068_cooltext229452052145996.png
    9177 ABS Gangplank Away Morgan Stallion Buckskin None
    16487 Areion's Discover the Deception Grade (Morgan/Clyde Mare Minimum Sabino Buckskin None
    18958 Areion's Prophetic Song Vladimir Heavy Draft Gelding Bay None
    na BWW Ocean Breeze Tennessee Walking Horse Mare Blue Roan None
    7511 FAA Redemptive Silence Georgian Grande Mare Gray on Bay None
    9178 FSR Autumn Calling American Saddlebred Mare Chestnut None
    na Hollow's Flor de Selva Mangalarga Marchador Mare Bay Tobiano None
    na Hologramm NC Polish Arabian Stallion Gray on Black None
    0_1486170110892_cooltext229456312174402.png
    na Areion's Eternity Jutland Mare Flaxen Chestnut None
    9672 WDC Two To Tango Friesian Mare Black Regional Champion

• Administrators

0_1486171811764_cooltext229458994695144.png
    0_1486171826066_cooltext229451860057448.png
    na Name Breed Sex Coat None
    0_1486171884119_cooltext229451928469421.png
    0_1486171953274_cooltext229451901733170.png
    0_1486172022529_cooltext229452188277962.png
    0_1486171995962_cooltext229459147406516.png

• Administrators

Reserved for RTR

• Administrators

Reserved for RTR

• Administrators

Reserved for western horses

• Administrators

reserved for western horses

• Administrators

Now open for comments!
    While I was taking profile pictures of the horses at the inner sanctuary, I got some lovely shots of Bambi (PAR Miraj) and Gramm (Hologramm NC) being fancy guys.
    alt text
    alt text
    @Selene-Boutsikaris @Alina-Parson

• Administrators

A good handful of my Dressage Horses have earned varying titles so I decided to take some pictures of them doing what got them there! I also wanted to show off the arena I built for Cole Tieman!
    First up we have Besito L, my chestnut Andalusian (PRE) Stallion. He is a State Champion currently sitting at 116 points, here he is showing off his strong pirouette.
    alt text
    Next up is our only titled mare, Broudein's Bernadette. She's a chestnut leopard Knabstrupper and is a Local Champion with 39 points. I adore her and her perfect trot, she carries it so well even as she bends in a circle.
    alt text
    Back to our Andalusians, we have Ingrato L. He's a sooty buckskin stallion currently at 101 points- so just barely State Champion level! Here he is in a sequence of flying changes.
    alt text
    Next up is MM Gymnopedie, our State Champion Bay Near-Leopard Knabstrupper Stallion. He is just behind Besito at 112 points. He collects his Piaffe really well and is so quiet while he does it.
    alt text
    Among our purebreds, we also have a couple of grade horses who are really awesome at what they do. QMR Leon Basilio is our Dunskin Overo Splashed Irish Sport Horse/Andalusian cross. He's sitting on 38 points right now so he's a Local Champion right now, here we have him showing off his renvers.
    alt text
    Our next Local Champion is our Buckskin Finnish Warmblood. He's been with us for a long time, just like Gymnopedie, so we're really proud of all of his accomplishments, including the 41 points he's accumulated. Here he is at his extended canter down the middle of the ring
    alt text
    Last, but certainly not least, we have one of our Trakehner twins and our last Local Champion titled Dressage horse, Vasileios NC. While his sister Valeria is still fairly green to showing, Vasileios is well past his first title, sitting at 38 points. He's really responsive and is such a good stallion - usually his sister gives us more trouble than he does. All of his movements are really supple, but his free walk is certainly nice and loose.
    alt text
    We're so proud of all of our horses, they really show us the best they can do. ♥

• Administrators

All of our horses have an assigned rider and we try to keep them from overlapping too many times. One of our riders, Jewel Addens, really wanted me to take a little photoshoot of her and her two horses, and I was happy to do so!
    alt text
    Here she is with Hollow's Marisol - our palomino Andalusian mare, and our Majnoun offspring, PAR Miraj (or Bambi as most know him by). Jewel for sure got two of the sweetest horses in the barn, a couple of riders are jealous of that for sure. Here are some shots of her riding them!
    alt text
    alt text

• Administrators

Bumpbump ♥

• You have such nice horses! Also, love the design for the stand in that arena, very realistic. Good job!

• Administrators

I somehow managed to get my butt in gear and make an endurance show entry. Riona and D. Lady Lancelot took to the trail in the show and well, Lannie had a bit of an issue with crossing the stream.
    alt text
    One would think that with all of her experience, crossing a little stream wouldn't lead to a full freak out. I guess today was just a bad day for her so Andre asking her to go into the scary water was absolutely terrible.

• naww so sad to hear she she didn't like to cross the river. but even horses have bad days... keep going! <3

• Administrators

09/04/2017-
    We all have expectations that our horses will do amazing things in their fields, but those expectations can get really high when you spend $50,000 on a horse with an amazing Show Hunter pedigree (We're talking +19 here) Of course, these horses don't always live up to our expectations.

alt text

This, is THE Moral Showbusiness, a fancy stallion we bought a while ago. When we got him, we already knew he was going to be a handful, the quote from his breeders was no lie. "'Moral' as we've dubbed him is a bit of a misleading name, because this wickedly clever stallion seems to be lacking in morals, as it were." We were still expecting him to actually perform when his time came in the ring however, we thought he was going to boost right up to being a great champion that just also happened to be a jerk. Here's what we were expecting:

alt text

Great form, great performance, brave even through some of the most elaborate jumps-

However, this is what we got:

alt text

Moral had some other plans. While at home he would clear his jumps, listen a good healthy 75% of the time, at shows, he proved to be downright unmanageable the second he stepped foot in the ring. It's not like he was afraid of the jumps, these tiny crossrails he had to get over just so he could move up in his level weren't nearly as decorated or high as the verticals and oxers he had worked up to at home. He just decided that now that people were watching and judging him and most importantly his rider, he would act like a horse that couldn't even step over a log.

Luckily, he's only 5 1/2 right now, we're hoping that he will eventually get over himself and actually complete a crossrail course mostly cleanly maybe within the next year. He's tough and a little too clever for his own good sometimes but we wouldn't have him any other way.

• Oh geez hahaha We have one at RFE who is the opposite! At home she's a butt but always does well in shows haha

• Administrators

@Lidija-Rotherford Those guys are always fun :joy: We for sure have a couple of those in our other barns, Moral is just our major trouble maker in the hunter barn. In his defense, he's never acted like a saint at home either.

• Administrators

So my next update actually has nothing to do with Hollow Creek, Route 66 or Round Table Racing but I really like what I did so I thought I'd share. :) I entered the Texas Rose show over on ES with my character Allura Brooks and her two horses Cosmic Love, a sweet gray OTTB mare, and Sunny Side Up, a palomino splash APH gelding.

Allura and Cosmic had been together since the mare came off the track, she had always been flighty when first getting off of the trailer. The sudden rush of sounds, sights, and smells would briefly send her back into track mentality, so her dancing around and wanted to get up and go go go! was nothing new. "Just give me a second Shiro!" she called to her partner in the trailer, who was waiting with a very fussy mare. "Take your time, Cashandra needs to learn to be patient." his response was calm but she knew that this was super inconvenient. "Yeah, not like we have four others waiting in this trailer..." Came Keith's dry addition to the conversation. Boy, this was going to be a long week.

alt text

Cosmic was a saint in the ring, despite her stress outside of it. She knew what her job was when they passed through the gate, she was very happy to do her best, especially if it meant getting all of the treats and love afterwards. Her classes consisted of other Thoroughbreds that used to race like her, but even still, the competition was strong. Allura looked to her next jump, it was the most visibly daunting one in the ring. Technicality wise, it was pretty simple, it was just a vertical, but it was wide, the sides lined with hay bales. The pair before them had spooked at this jump, but Allura wasn't going to let Cosmic worry about those scary bales. She sat back and gave Cosmic a gentle squeeze as they rounded the approach. Yeah, this jump wasn't going to be a problem for them today.

alt text

Sunny was a gelding that pretty much didn't care about anything. Want me to jog? I guess. Lope? I mean if you want to. This is how he's been since his gelding, bomb proof to the point of completely not caring. The busy show environment didn't even seem to exist to him and above all else he just looked down right bored as he and Allura followed the calls around the ring. Keith made a very valid point as they exited the covered ring, "At least you two do pleasure, if you guys did the reining I think everyone would die of boredom."

alt text

One of the perks of having an uninspired horse was that you could have them hang out with no worries. Allura, Shiro, Keith, and a pair of four legged friends spent their after party chatting in their stall area, which was clearly to Allura's standards more so than her friends. Allura and Shiro had a great time, they socialized with the other stables around them, had some good food, several kids climbed all over Sunny, all while Keith sat in his chair looking like this entire experience was killing him. This night unfortunately wouldn't end quick enough for him.

alt text

Bonus shot of our tent stable area ;)

• Administrators

I've entered a few more shows on the other forum, I know it seems like I'm neglecting my Equus horses but I'm not I swear :sob: I still enter them in shows but I still need to build their like, multiple 40+ horse facilities. But here just, take my ES show entries.

First introducing Allura's new cute Arabian filly. I unabashedly love and adore her.

alt text

"Shiro, I want that foal." Allura had declared as they watched the Arabian weanling class. The small filly was standing alert for her handler, a natural little performer. Her rich black coat was broken up by flecks on her flanks and high stockings, all of it had Allura swooning over her.

She had already contacted a couple of breeders that she knew would be at the showcase looking to find a baby to one day bring home. Upon starting up a conversation with Leann Whitaker, she found out that the woman would be showing off several Arabian weanlings that would be for sale within the next month. She had seen the others first and was weighing her options when she finally saw Lunette and the idea of having any of the others was promptly thrown out of the window. If it weren't for the border paperwork, she would be asking Leann if she could take her home right there on the spot.

alt text

Even though she no longer needed her mom to feed her, Lunette still needed her to happily do anything beyond standing pretty for a couple of minutes. When it came time for the movement demonstration, she had Lunette's dam come in and slid the filly's halter off. Over the years her mom had stopped being quite as flashy as she moved, time and many foals mellowing her out into the horse equivalent to a chill sweatpants mom. Lunette, on the other hand, still was young and had plenty of energy to spare. And boy was she happy to use it to be one of the flashiest little foals on display.

Bonus cute pic that only y'all get <3

alt text

And onto her Vanner, Avasha. This mare is a cow, no question about it.

alt text

Allura was afraid that Avasha would be like this. The mare was moody enough on her own, but when put near anyone else she just went full sour mode. "Come on mare, just look happy for like, two minutes!" Allura cursed under her breath as she tried to keep her poise while the mare was fidgeting and making threatening faces at all other horses in the ring. She has yet to be bred but hopefully when she does end up there one day, she won't be like this to her own baby.

alt text

Once she was alone in the ring, Avasha was much happier. Her ears finally pricked forward and she loosened up. Shiro would swear that her horse had multiple personalities and she would have to be inclined to agree. It wasn't the flashiest trot, but Allura was happy with it. Though, it's not like the bar was set very high for her being happy with the mare. She'd take any small victories she could get. Especially after the hellish haul up with the other horses, how they all made it alive was a mystery. How she made it through the conformation class without a squeal and a bite was also a mystery.

She also entered her in a Dressage clinic at Rotherford Estate! In the back you can see three of Hollow Creek's horse and rider pairs :wink:

alt text

The flashy Vanner was still fairly fresh in her dressage training despite her age, she had her basic walk, trot, and canter down but extending and collecting further was something that they had barely touched. Arthur helped guide Allura into pushing the grumpy mare into a nice stretched extended trot down the long side of the smaller ring before they finally let her relax and walk. She had to give her a lot of cookies to make up for it, but Allura was happy with what they accomplished! Hopefully with enough practice they can take her extended trot to the full show ring.

That's all I got for now! I hope to have more new pictures soon!

• Breed Committee

whispers moar beans!

• Administrators

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.