Equus Automatic Registration: OPEN
Equus Automatic Horse Registration
BE AWARE: This is in testing and is a work in progress. If you encounter any bugs or weirdnesses please reply to this thread!
Features of automatic registration:
- Automatic checking that the genotype is appropriate for the breed
- Automatic checking that the horse breed is appropriate considering the parents breeds
- Clear, concise & instant error messages if there are any concerns
- Registration done in 5min from start to finish when horse details are correct.
- No edit requests: If it's right, it's right! If it's not, send it in again. No time spent waiting for someone to see & make the edit you need!
What you need to know to use automatic registration:
- The automatic register can't check the conformation image but one is still required - staff will be conducting random checks to make sure the image is appropriate for the horse in question.
- Entering a horses genotype is now a slightly more involved process. It may take a minute, but we hope that the benefit of instant registration makes this time worthwhile
- While I have tested this system there is no way I could have tested each possible scenario and there will be bugs.
- Yes, you figured it out, confo&coat are no longer being judged. I know this is a big change for Equus, but I also know that we all strive for quality, realistic horses as a matter of course, and not because we want to impress registrars.
- Where is wild bay, or seal bay, or sooty?
Regarding wild bay & seal bay - did you know that they're actually untestable expressions of the normal A bay gene? I didn't until Morgan told me. They've been left off this doc on purpose because of this, so all your wild bay or seal bay horses will need to use the same A as normal bays to go through this registration.
Regarding sooty - similar answer here- sooty is an untestable colour shift that we on equus have simply fallen into the habit of including occasionally - it has also been left off this doc on purpose.
- When registering a horse please don't enter parents if they are not registered - this prevents the outcross checker from being able to check the horse properly. If one of your horses parents aren't registered, your options are:
1. Send in the parent for registration
2. Resubmit the horse without the parent in question. You can always send through a change form in the future to add the horse to the pedigree if they become registered.
This list will be updated with information as I discover that members need it! Thanks for bearing with me
If you're struggling with knowing what colours/outcrosses your breed accepts, you will want to check out the Master Breed List or the Breed Lookup Gizmo (which uses the same terms & info as the AutoReg)
If you make a mistake on your horse's registration do not post it here - it will not be fixed. Use the appropriate change form to make corrections to registered horses.
Posting a bug:
Please do not use this form if you have simply misclicked or made a typo. This form should be used in cases where you believe the autoreg sheet isn't functioning properly.
Please use the following format to post a bug:
**Horse ID**: **Horse Name**: **Details about bug**:
Staff will be checking each situation and will edit your post to either notify you that the bug has been fixed, or to explain why your experience is an intended part of the autoreg.
Have a question?
Post below! Let's sort it out
Regarding Missing Color And Outcross Information:
We are still finding breeds who have missing or incomplete color and breed outcross information, which is to be expected with the sheer amount of information that had to be manually transferred to the Automatic Registration system. These errors will likely continue to crop up for a while yet as members discover them, so to keep this thread reserved for actual bugs within autoreg, please report missing breed information in this thread from now on, so the Breed Committee can take care of them and leave the actual sheet errors to Elsie.
This thread is only for missing breed information that was accepted on the old Master Breed List and is being denied by automatic registration- any other bugs, problems, or questions about the actual registration system still need to be posted in the registration thread.
An Important Note Regarding Automatically-Registered Horses:
Most of you have picked up on this by now, but since there's been no formal announcement I thought I'd write it down to avoid confusion.
Horses who have been recently submitted to Automatic Registration will flicker between Registered and Undeclared on show documents. This is due to an unavoidable issue with the way the system documents communicate with each other. If your horse shows up as Approved! on the registration list, he has been registered correctly and is free to participate in shows in his discipline! However, expect to see him flicker between Correct and Undeclared in any shows he is entered in for a short period (usually around a week) after being registered. Our fabulous show staff know to look for these errors, and your horse will not be disqualified from this issue. Please post in the show thread that your horse has been recently registered so the host knows to wait for them to be showing as Correct before judging!
We clear the registration queue about once a week, or anytime the list gets longer than about 50-70 horses. Once the list is cleared, the horses on it have been archived and given a more permanent home in the system, so the flickering between statuses will stop. If your approved horse no longer appears on the registration list, you no longer have to worry about this issue.
Thank you all for your patience!