Courtour Estate || September 10 ||

• Competition Committee

alt text
    Welcome to the estate.

Courtour Estate was established after Rena's grandparents passed, leaving their farmland in her name. Rena had grown up on that land with her grandparent's ranch horses and her own pony, Duncan. After their passing Rena wished to honour them by turning the 100 acres into a haven for show hunters and dressage horses. Together, she and her husband, Joseph, plan to turn the estate into a world-class facility.

Facilities
    alt text

Staff
    Name Role Discipline
    Rena Cort Owner • Trainer Show Hunters • Dressage
    Joseph Cort Owner • Rider Show Hunters • Dressage
    Makayla Thompson Rider Dressage
    Camille O'Connor Rider Eventing

Rider Biographys

[WIP]
    Rena

As stated before, Rena began riding at a young age on her grandparent's farm. As a child, she loved to hop on their Quarter Horses bareback and ride around. At the age of 7, her parents bought her a pony, Duncan, a medium-sized bay pony with a large white blaze. Duncan turned out to be a challenge, always being naughty and a handful, acting more like a stallion than a gelding. He taught Rena a good seat at a young age, always deciding to bolt or run out of jumps. Together they competed in the children's hunter circuit, winning their fair share of classes. It's safe to say that pony made her into the rider she is today.

Joseph

Joe joined the Courtour Estate team when he and Rena were married 7 years ago. Before he found Rena, he was a city boy from Cincinnati where he studied as an art student. Since leaving the city, he has come to appreciate the struggles of rural life. He especially loves the company the horses give, opting to spend time with them rather than do barn chores, which may or may not get him in a bit of trouble.

Makayla

Makayla is the youngest on the CE team at 23 years old. Despite her age, she is an experienced rider who Rena decided to take under her wing years ago. She began as a showjumper but switched to dressage after a traumatic accident which led to her horse being put down and her in the hospital with a severe concussion and a shattered arm. After she healed it was deemed too dangerous for her to continue her jumping career. Rena had followed her promising career before the incident and decided to help her with her rehabilitation and transfer into dressage. The two have grown close and stuck together ever since.

Camille

Camille joined the team only a year ago when Rena took on their beloved little eventer, Magic Man. Camille is experienced with a good head on her shoulders, haven competed up to three-star events with one of her past horses. She hopes to find another horse with the ability to take her to the top.

• Competition Committee

Horses
    Updated 05/27

Stallions
    Name Breed Primary Discipline Secondary Discipline Pedegree
    Bramble QT Estonian Native Show Jumping None Foundation x Foundation
    Courtour's Galiano Swedish Warmblood Show Hunting Field Hunter Trials EA Beelzebub x Portia
    Courtour's Messick KWPN Show Hunting Equitation Foundation x Foundation
    Cymbeline CX Westphalian Carriage Driving Dressage Galantis av Eloyard x SI Donnerlily
    FC Afterburn Thoroughbred Flat Racing None FC Afoolandhismoney x FC Mind of Her Own
    Havel's Aaron German Sport Horse Show Jumping Eventing Havel's Ayden x Havel's Catharijn De Dublin
    SiLS Eye of the Hurricane Drum Horse Dressage Draft Horse Showing WBS The Calm Before the Storm x TLM Southern Belle
    WGE Dröhnen KWPN Dressage None PCRA Moonshadow x DPS Hazelnut Latte
    WGE Mackinley KWPN Dressage Eventing PCRA Moonshadow x xCal's Copacabana
    WRNGS Auburn Lion Drum Horse Draft Horse Showing Ridden Showing Foundation x Foundation
    Mares
    ART Maribor Pintabian Park Pleasure English Pleasure Foundation x Foundation
    Courtour's Asling Thoroughbred Flat Racing None FC Afterburn x FC X-Hibitionist
    Courtour's Lior KWPN Show Hunting Equitation Foundation x Foundation
    Courtour's Serendipity KWPN Dressage None Foundation x Foundation
    Dulce REC Hanovarian Eventing Show Jumping VRH Domico x ILA Fly Me to the Moon
    FC X-Hibitionist Thoroughbred Flat Racing None FC X-rated x FC Three Man Lady
    Jeon's Villanelle German Sport Horse Eventing Field Hunter Trials Foundation x Foundation
    Lexington's Mesmeric KWPN Show Hunting Equitation Courtour's Messick x Courtour's Lior
    Mission U Zangersheide Equitation Show Hunters Foundation x Foundation
    Moondara Mistletoe Austrailian Pony Equitation Ridden Showing Foundation x Foundation
    PCRA Lady Ameera KWPN Eventing Dressage REDC Lavatin x HRST First Dance
    Prim QT Estonian Native Show Jumping None Foundation x Foundation
    Tea For Two S Swedish Warmblood Dressage Ridden Showing Foundation x Foundation
    WGE Ríoghnach KWPN Dressage Eventing WGE Rostizbach x PCRA Lady Ameera
    Geldings
    Courtour's Cotillion KWPN Show Hunting Dressage Foundation x Foundation
    Courtour's Magic Man KWPN Eventing Dressage Foundation x Foundation
    Retired
    Portia Swedish Warmblood Show Hunting None Foundation x Foundation

• Competition Committee

Joseph Cort aboard COUR Messick

https://i.imgur.com/ytrLRXu.png

Joe had a rough time getting Messick to the ring. It had started with Messi trying to kill him while walking from the pasture to the barn, hopping to the side nearly on top of him as their farm dog, Rolfe, bolted through one of the pastures. Messick is not a dog fan, let’s just say it’s a work in progress. Thankfully, he works better under saddle than he does on the ground. He may be a big horse, but he’s rather light with himself. Seemingly always showing off for someone. Despite this, his trot always feels like something more akin to a prance rather than a forward motion, nearly vaulting his rider out of the saddle as he reaches forward with his shoulder. His canter is where he really shines with his big, rocking horse gait that makes it seem like he could conquer any jump in his path. Joe hopes Messick is his next derby contender, god knows he sure has the confidence for it. The bay is nothing short of arrogant and he makes sure everyone knows just how fancy he is everytime he is ridden. He shows this now as the pair are schooling some smaller jumps. Messick seems almost offended by their size as he rounds his shape over the fence, gracing Joe with a rather large buck on the other side.
    “Easy Messi,” Joe whispers, giving the stallion a pat on the neck. He brings him around the corner nicely, pointing him toward an oxer, lifting with his hands and supporting his hind end with his lower leg. Messick seems to appreciate this and pops over the oxer like it’s a crossrail, cantering away from the fence without any excitement.
    “Atta boy!” he says with a smile, bringing his mount down to a walk and giving him a pat for his efforts. Joseph has come to love the hunter ring. He takes great pride in his transfer from traditional artwork to the technicalities of creating art in the ring. He loves the challenge of making everything look easy, as if they were just out for an evening hack instead of a jump course. He reaches under the saddle flat and loosens the girth a couple notches and gives the stallion his head to walk him out.

• Competition Committee

WGE Dröhnen

alt text

WGE Dröhnen is Courtour Estate's first outside horse. He is a lined KWPN dressage stallion we bought off of @Isabella-Khrazenzia a couple months ago. He has settled in to our stable easily, becoming friends with our other stallion, COUR Messick.

Personality wise, he is polar opposite from Messick and has turned out to be quite the cuddle bug. He adores scratches and is not above taking a snooze on someone's shoulder as he is being tacked up. He is also very playful, but we are hoping he grows out of that as he is still only a four year old.

We have big plans for this boy and we are hoping he will go far, as he is almost a Local Champion already in only 3 shows. Hopefully he titles fast so we can get some beautiful babies on the ground.

• Nice selection of horses and the facilities shown in the first post are soooo nice! :heart_eyes:

• Competition Committee

@Lidija-Rotherford oh my, thank you so much! I can not take much credit for the facilities as they were remade and I just tailored them to my liking. We may be moving though, as I finally got my sims 3 launcher working again and have a new world installed I've been dying to play with.

• @Rena-Cort said in Courtour Estate || 7/16 || Dröhnen:

@Lidija-Rotherford oh my, thank you so much! I can not take much credit for the facilities as they were remade and I just tailored them to my liking. We may be moving though, as I finally got my sims 3 launcher working again and have a new world installed I've been dying to play with.

Make sure to show it off!

• Competition Committee

Makayla Thompson aboard COUR Serendipity

alt text

COUR Serendipity, lovingly known as Suri around the barn, is a 6-year-old KWPN mare. She is our only mare whose single discipline is dressage. She is rather level headed and easy to work with, though she is not a fan of water hoses, specifically when they are being used to water the arena. She has been in training with Makayla since we brought her to our Estate at the age of 4. The two get along nicely together and Makayla describes her as her "heart horse." They are currently competing in Training level, but we have high hopes for the pair and have plans to breed her to WGE Dröhnen eventually. Until that time comes, her focus will be on her blossoming dressage career.

• Competition Committee

Rena Cort aboard COUR Lior

alt text

Introducing COUR Lior, the newest addition to our show hunter team. She's only a four-year-old, but she is super sweet and willing to work. She's quite the smart baby and has learned fairly quickly. Rena was having a nice flat school and decided to pop her over a few jumps that Joe was schooling a very unamused and lazy (unpictured falling asleep just to the right) Messick over. She's quite a small horse at 15.1hh, but she definitely gives her heart at the fences. She didn't place in her first show, but we have our fingers crossed that she'll get her feet under her eventually.

Editor's Note

I may have made a new foundation even though I told myself I wasn't going to make any more. This super cute coat is by the lovely, @Claire-von-Hohenfeld who hosted a coat raffle and I happened to win one, plus she is entirely to blame for the creation of this girl. I really wanted to make a palomino KWNP, as there are not many floating around in the community.

• It makes me so happy to see my coats being used :heart_eyes: I wish you lots of luck with this cutie!

• Competition Committee

COUR Cotillion

alt text

We're very excited to announce our gelding COUR Cotillion has finally reached his Local Championship title in Show Hunters! He's the first of our foundation team to reach their local title!

Editor's Note

Firstly, please excuse my poor cutting out, I'll most likely fix it tomorrow. I know if I don't post now I won't post at all. Secondly, I apologize for my inactiveness. I've just started college so I only really have time to enter R shows at the moment. I'll try my best to become more active as I have some new horses to show off as well as some lease horses.

• Competition Committee

New Additions

Introducing Tea For Two S, Swedish Warmblood mare, who we got from @Charlie-Smith and SiLS Eye of the Hurricane, Drum Horse stallion, who we bought from @Andrea-Burdine. Both will be joining our dressage team.

COUR Serendipiy COUR Cassari COUR Lior
    alt text alt text alt text

• Both looking so gorgeous! Im glad Tea has settled and your new drum horse is stunning :heart:

• Wow they are voth stunning :heart_eyes:

• Competition Committee

New Additions II

We would like to introduce our two lovely flat racers made for us by @Idoya-Cinta

FC X-hibitionist
    alt text
    FC Afterburn
    alt text

We are very excited for them both, X has already reached her Local Championship title in flat racing!
    Replies

@Charlie-Smith said in Courtour Estate || 11/01 || New Additions:
    Both looking so gorgeous! Im glad Tea has settled and your new drum horse is stunning :heart:
    Thank you so much, we're really enjoying her!
    @Claire-von-Hohenfeld said in Courtour Estate || 11/01 || New Additions:
    Wow they are both stunning :heart_eyes:
    We think so too, thank you <3

• Competition Committee

Stallion Showcase
    Joseph Cort aboard COUR Messick

alt text

Rena watched in trepidation as the pair entered the ring. Messi was just as keyed up as usual, he was one of those horses who did not take well at being told what to do. He must be asked, in a very polite way at that, or you may find yourself on the ground. Time seemed to slow down as she watched the pair, Messi was going along well, proudly. He was a smart horse who did not take any less than all eyes on him, it's like he can sense when the crowd turn their attention to another horse, and when they do, the stallion usually decides to do something, usually incredibly embarrassing, to bask in their attention once more. Her heart nearly skipped a beat when the judge called for the canter over the loudspeaker, letting out a breath she had not know she had been holding when he picked it up seamlessly. No fireworks, no trying to dramatically flip over, this was going much better than anticipated.

• Competition Committee

Rena Cort aboard SiLS Eye of the Hurricane

alt text

Rena wiggled the bit in the stallions mouth gently, encouraging him to stretch out in their warm-up. The stallion obeyed almost instantly and she reached up to give him a small pat.
    "Good boy," she said quietly.
    They had bought the stallion a couple months ago and he has only been getting better with his suppleness. She clucked and pushed him on a bit more, attempting to encourage him to engage his hind end. Once he had done so to her liking, she began to gather him up, his weakness seamed to be balancing correctly through circles and the past few weeks the pair had been working on the stallions musculature so he could do so easier. Once on the rail, she began a 20m circle, making sure to use her legs and seat correctly to help the stallion out as much as possible. Pleased with him, she initiated a few more, aiming to fix their mistakes on each one until the next was more acceptable than the last. Once she felt the stallion using himself correctly, she brought him to a walk, giving him a short break before the rest of their schooling session.

• Competition Committee

Joseph Cort aboard COUR Messick ft. Rena

alt text

Rena smiled as she looked over the old photo, a quiet moment captured at Messick's very first competition. The stallion had exceeded their expectations and come in second.

Stable Update

We've expanded our stable quite a lot over the past month with Christmas related raffles and imports. Those horses will get an introduction soon. I also have a couple horses I need to get their markings sorted before I am able to introduce them. We also bought a broodmare recently, which I am overly excited to be able to breed as I've been trying to wait until my horses are titled. Be prepared for introductions whenever I can get my game running correctly!

• Competition Committee

Dulce REC

alt text

We received this lovely mare from @Breanna-Fahnestock quite some time ago. Like all my new horses, I've neglected to introduce this fancy lady due to game issues. She has been added to our eventing and show jumping teams and is doing wonderfully in both. She has shown to have great movement and a good jump. We're very excited for our future with her.

• You have so many great horse 💖

• Dulce :heart: i remember when she lived with me for some time, she’s such a unique and pretty mare and she looks stunning in that edit :heartpulse:

i hope she does super well with you :kissing_heart:

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.