Competition Committee Show System
COMPETITION COMMITTEE SHOW SYSTEM
This is a guide to the 2.5 show system as hosted by the Competition Committee, including disciplines hosted, levels and progression, titles and pedigree points.
Every discipline will have its individual randomized event. For now, only one show per discipline per month is going to be hosted by the Competition Committee. Members will still be able to host affiliated shows by arrangement. Shows are stewarded by a group of Event Coordinators responsible for running the results. Disciplines were grouped by the amount of possible horses competing in it and balanced to provide a workable schedule for our staff.
Here is a sample of the show schedule. For the current show schedule, please see The Combined&Randomized Show Schedule post.
Disciplines that will be hosted in 2.5 are listed below
Dressage, Pony Dressage
Show Jumping, Pony Show Jumping
Eventing, Pony Eventing
Flat Racing, Harness Racing, Vaulting
Reining ,Polo, Ranch Versatility, Equitation
Western Pleasure, TREC, Country Pleasure, Combined Driving
Show Hunting, Pony Show Hunting, Barrels & Poles, Halter
Cutting, Hunter Paces, Liberty, Ridden Showing
Working Cow Horse, Steeplechase, English Pleasure, Gymkhana
Endurance, Western Trail, Mountain Trail, Western Dressage
Fine Harness, Speed Racking, Classical Dressage, Draft Horse Showing
Park Pleasure, Field Hunter Trials, Trail Pleasure, Puissance
Show schedule will include rating key (L10 stands for an official show hosted by Competition Committee), group code (G1-G12) and the steward responsible for it. This person can be contacted in case of missing payment or any questions related to the show.
Disciplines hosted only by members as of 9/1/2018. (2 member hosted shows per month with one at level 10).
- Carriage Driving
- Sorting & Penning
- Working Equitation
- Show hosting has been made uniform. All disciplines will have results ran the same. This means things such as ESI have been removed for 2.5.
- Every discipline will be hosted on its own separate show post.
- Members will still be limited to a max of 5 horses per class. Horses will still be able to enter below their level.
- The phantom rule remains in place as well. Random shows must have phantoms added so that each class has 10 entries minimum, even if only one person entered the class.
- There will be another announcement soon about registration of disciplines for your horse. All horses previously registered with a discipline association or club have had their information imported into the system and are ready to start. These horses will compete at the level at which they had previously competed.
- Note on breed levels: Horse breeds can and will be restricted from Level 1-10. These will be determined by DCs and approved by the BC. - Primary/secondary restrictions will be in effect and will depend on the pairing. However, a primary/secondary combination will not decrease a horse's level below Level 4 no matter the deduction. This means if your horse's breed is level 8 in its primary and its secondary deducts -5 levels, it will only deduct to Level 4. Breeds already restricted to level 4 or lower will have no deduction no matter the primary/secondary pair. These restrictions can be seen on the LevelCaps tab of all the leaderboards.
LEVELS & PROGRESSION
Your horse will progress to higher level if one of the statements below is met:
Horse has placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd specific amount of times in its current level, depending on the level OR
Horse has competed at current level specific amount of times and did not place well.
That means that horses who place better have a chance to level up quicker than those who perform worse. However, horses that perform worse will not be stuck at a level forever. Results are still based on randomization and there is no personal influence influence on the results.
Shows will be named by their rating, discipline, and ending date (this also includes member hosted shows).
Each level is represented by a letter L and a number. For example, a show jumping event hosted by Competition Committee will be named:
[L10][ENDS: 01/01] Show Jumping
Detailed show names and info (eg. Warsaw Jumping Cup) can be found in the thread.
All disicplines will have standarized titles. These will look similar to the naming scheme of our previous liifetime titles, but they will be per discipline. Horses will achieve their first title when reaching 25 points in one discipline and the last title by reaching 200.
A horse with 50 points in Reining will be called Reining Regional Champion.
PEDIGREE BONUS POINTS
One of the biggest changes will be including pedigree bonus points to randomized shows. Pedigree bonuses are only given per discipline, ie the offspring must compete in the same discipline in which the parent earned the title to have a bonus.
A horse with no pedigree points will roll its score between 0 and 100.
A horse with 10 bonus points will roll its score between 10 and 100.
Pedigree bonus points will increase the chance of placing better but in a very balanced way that will give a slight edge, but will not guarantee placement for pedigreed horses.
We have also changed the system of counting ped bonus points to engage more generations and include titles of grandparents.
New pedigree bonus will include:
- titles earned by dam (max 5pts)
- titles earned by sire (max 5pts)
- titles earned by any grandparent (max 5pts each)
- titles owned by the horse itself (max 5pts)
Pedigree bonus points may aggregate up to 25pts total, which means that horse with a maximum ped bonus will roll its score in randomized shows between 25 and 100.
(Outdated image, grandparents can now give 5pts each instead of 5 total)
This phase will remain open for 14 days from the time of this post.
You can submit any photo, story or a combination photo and story, as long as the entry is original and has not previously been used.
Horses need to be entered in the randomized phase to qualify.
Horses that have been disqualified may enter and collect points.
A total of 5 horses per member can be entered in the Role Play phase.
Entries must be submitted via the Roleplay Phase Entry Form to be counted and earn RP Rewards.
Story entries must be at least 300 words long and related to the show or the entry will not be counted. Entries longer than 300 words will not receive extra achievement points.
Photos can be inspired by how your horse did in the competition portion of the show or you can do anything related to the show - e.g. arriving at the show, watching a class, etc.
One entry will award 2 points (photo or story).
If both a picture and story are submitted, 1 extra point is awarded for a possible total of 3 points per horse.
Each entry in the Roleplay Phase will award 20 Achievement Points ($1,000 prize money). For more information on Achievement Points please see The Achievement Points Guide
JULY 2018 UPDATE: REMINDERS FOR SHOWING ON EQUUS
We have a few reminders for our members regarding showing at Equus, and things that need to happen to help our hosts and shows run more smoothly. Thank you!
- Automatic Registration
- If you submit a horse via Automatic Registration and enter it into a show immediately afterward, please notify the show host in their show thread with the horse's ID number and name and explain that it was submitted via Auto Reg before the show closes so that the show host can make sure that your horse is showing up correctly.
- Entry Fees
- Please pay close attention to where you are sending your entry fees. Each show thread specifies where entry fees are to be sent to.
- Please include the name of the show in the 'Memo' for the payment when sending entry fees.
- Name Changes
- If you submit a name change - either for yourself or a horse - please notify the show host in their show thread that this could be happening before the show closes so they can be aware.
- Discipline Changes/Retiring a Horse
- If a horse has been entered into a show for it's discipline, please do not submit that horse for retirement or a discipline change before that show has been judged. If the change is completed before the show is judged, the horse will show up as Undeclared and will be disqualified.
- Automatic Registration