Main Site Account Clearout - READ ME.

• Administrators

As a measure of dealing with inactive accounts we are taking action to remove all accounts without a matching forum account.

Because of this it is vitally important that your main site account name matches your forum username exactly.

If you are currently going through a name change then make sure your main site name matches your forum username until your forum username is changed - after this you can change your main site name to match your new name.

We hope to start this process on the 20th August. Please make sure that your main site account name matches your forum username before this time.

If you have any questions please post below.

• Administrators

@Breanna-Fahnestock said in Main Site Account Clearout - READ ME.:

Will this be done for horses next that are all like "Delete Me Please" etc etc?

We do not plan to delete any horses

Also, can Account #1-2 be used as the officially Retired Horses and Deceased Horses so that we don't hav to send to the reclaims account? If a horse was sent to Deceased it can't be reclaimed... it's dead etc.? I ask because I know a lot of people would really like a place to send their "deceased" and "retired" horses etc.

Equus has tried to have a deceased account in the past, and while in theory it works, in practice it becomes just another reclaimable account due to sheer pressure from members who want to reclaim horses from it.

• When can I apply for new prefix? On the day when the great purge start?

• since the main site doesn't accept spaces in the last name, will it be okay if my main site reads Alexa LaCoupe? (also thank you for everything--i think the main site clean up is a wonderful idea! <3 )

• Do you check by IDs 1 by 1 or do you have some kind of magicery and tricks

• Administrators

@Alexa-la-Coupe said in Main Site Account Clearout - READ ME.:

since the main site doesn't accept spaces in the last name, will it be okay if my main site reads Alexa LaCoupe? (also thank you for everything--i think the main site clean up is a wonderful idea! <3 )

Please enter that information here just so I can make sure you're safe.

@Xi-Li said in Main Site Account Clearout - READ ME.:

Do you check by IDs 1 by 1 or do you have some kind of magicery and tricks

Magicery & tricks, I suppose.

• Banned

I changed my name month ago and it shows up as Hilda Wilson, everything is fine, but I have to log in with my old name on the main site... is that a problem?

• Administrators

@Hilda-Wilson This isn't a problem :) you can use anything for your login username so we'll be making sure the display name matches correctly

• Breed Committee

Will old unused prefixes become available then? Or will the stables owned by such members just be without an owner? It looks like the person who holds the one I've been interested in has never made an account here.

Thank you guys for your hard work!

• @Lythaera-Bohm
    prefixes will be free

• @Alexa-la-Coupe said in Main Site Account Clearout - READ ME.:

since the main site doesn't accept spaces in the last name, will it be okay if my main site reads Alexa LaCoupe? (also thank you for everything--i think the main site clean up is a wonderful idea! <3 )

Is that true? :thinking: because it allowed me to write "von Hohenfeld" and not "vonHohenfeld"? :D I am really confused if everything is allright

• @Claire-von-Hohenfeld said in Main Site Account Clearout - READ ME.:

Is that true? :thinking: because it allowed me to write "von Hohenfeld" and not "vonHohenfeld"? :D I am really confused if everything is allright

it might be a matter of “la” only having two letters? i’ll check later 🤔 i did try to add a space before and it reverted back to laCoupe though

• @Alexa-la-Coupe said in Main Site Account Clearout - READ ME.:

@Claire-von-Hohenfeld said in Main Site Account Clearout - READ ME.:

it might be a matter of “la” only having two letters? i’ll check later 🤔 i did try to add a space before and it reverted back to laCoupe though

well that could be possible :D sorry for confusing you

• Administrators

@Alexa-la-Coupe Your name is now showing up as "Alexa la Coupe" on the mainsite for me:
    alt text
    alt text

I tried it myself (turning my main site name into Nikki Ca Lvaria) to see if it was a matter of characters, and it seems that what happens is that it will still show as "Calvaria" in the edit field even though it shows as "Ca lvaria" on the actual profile.

alt text
    alt text

So it does accept spaces in the last name, it will just be a tad weird about it (like most things on our poor mainsite :stuck_out_tongue: )

• 😱

ive changed it multiple times in the past, including just now, and still it shows up as laCoupe on my page. but that’s great, thanks for letting me know!

• hi everyone,

I made a name change request, saying: passing from nina ricchi to llike ahlmann, I wanted to put Luke and not like, I also read this https://forum.equus.community/topic/4178/main-site-account-clearout-read-me

I would like to know when my name will be changed, in luke ahlmann ? and when could I edit it on my main site ?

• will you notice us when the great purge starts? :see_no_evil:

• Administrators

will you notice us when the great purge starts? :see_no_evil:

Probably not? It's going to be hard enough just to find time to do it without making it public and handling everyone's questions.

@Like-Ahlmann said in Main Site Account Clearout - READ ME.:

hi everyone,

I made a name change request, saying: passing from nina ricchi to llike ahlmann, I wanted to put Luke and not like, I also read this https://forum.equus.community/topic/4178/main-site-account-clearout-read-me

I would like to know when my name will be changed, in luke ahlmann ? and when could I edit it on my main site ?

No more name changes will be completed until after the main site is cleared. Please make sure your main site name matches 'Like Ahlmann'. After this is completed, name changes will be made.

• @Elsie-Spectre said in Main Site Account Clearout - READ ME.:

will you notice us when the great purge starts? :see_no_evil:

Probably not? It's going to be hard enough just to find time to do it without making it public and handling everyone's questions.

@Like-Ahlmann said in Main Site Account Clearout - READ ME.:

hi everyone,

No more name changes will be completed until after the main site is cleared. Please make sure your main site name matches 'Like Ahlmann'. After this is completed, name changes will be made.

the name of my main site matches the name
    https://equus.community/profile.php?id=607

• I don't know if this is a problem but when i log in i have a different username to log in (like when you enter your username and password), but my account says Elaine Rose at the top, is that a problem?

• Administrators

@Breanna-Fahnestock said in Main Site Account Clearout - READ ME.:

With this purge, this will take care of duplicate accounts.... what about if at one point we sent $ to one of those duplicate accounts, which then became inactive... will the bank transactions just sit there or will they disappear with no change to our actual account or will the transaction disappear along with the funds from the transaction ie, will they be deducted from our account?

For instance, I have two "pending" transactions, one for $8,000 that is going to an account that will be purged and one transaction for $10,000 that is going to a duplicate account that has no cooresponding forum account. Will I be losing $18,000 or will the transactions just cancel out?

I'm not sure what will happen to the transactions but your bank balance will not be affected.

@Elaine-Rose said in Main Site Account Clearout - READ ME.:

I don't know if this is a problem but when i log in i have a different username to log in (like when you enter your username and password), but my account says Elaine Rose at the top, is that a problem?

Your login name doesn't matter - those are all kinds of nonsense. The display name - which is what you see when you look at your account - is what needs to match, and it sounds like yours does.

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.