Alexa's Antics

• pic

A collection of things I do to improve my game! Questions, comments, concerns? Post them below!

INDEX

tutorial date
    making wall deco alt-able august 19, 2018
    making omsps underground friendly august 19, 2018

• pic

pic

For many of us, decorating in sims has become defined by one of two things: OMSPs or DBF. Probably both, actually :thinking_face:

There’s also the infamous “Can’t do that” that comes with placing wall objects on OMSPs and then trying to place that with alt. So the only solutions to getting wall objects between tiles are to place an OMSP down first with alt and put the wall object on top after, or use DBF once you’re done decorating. Right?

Wrong!

Things you’ll need:

• S3PE
    • S3OC
    • A wall object you want to make alt-able
    • Some patience
    • Not a lot, just some
    • Enough to read this through, at least

First we need to clone the object we want to alt-ify, so that it doesn’t replace the original. This way, you can have both the shiftable and alt-able versions in game at the same time!

In S3OC, click File >> Open Package... and find the object you want to alt-ify. Click the file that pops up in the left screen, and then select the "Clone or Fix..." option at the bottom right. (Ignore the fact that I'm cloning a goldfish. Pretend it's a hanging bridle :fish: )

pic

pic

Make sure to check the following: Create clone package, Include thumbnails, Renumber/rename internally, and Enable compression. Rename the object in the “Unique name” box at the bottom. Then press Start to clone the object. It’ll appear in the location of the original file.

pic

Now, with S3PE, open up your cloned object (you can do this by double clicking the file, dragging the package into the S3PE screen, or clicking File >> Open in S3PE). Click on the OBJD file in the left box, then press Grid at the bottom. In the WallPlacementFlags dropdown menu, change everything to false, or replace the string of numbers on the right with 0x00000000.

pic

pic

Click Commit, save your changes, and voila! You now have an alt-ified wall object!

• pic

Oh no, this object is too high for my needs, and the lighting gets messed up when I use an OMSP/DBF to lower it! My solution? OMSP stacking.

Things we'll need:

• OMSP
    • that's it, really

So you have your object that's floating.

pic

Place two OMSPs. I color-coded them for your congreenience convenience. OMSP 1 is green, and OMSP 2 is red.

pic

Raise OMSP 1 up by 1 meter. Place the floating object on OMSP 2, as shown:

pic

Place OMSP 2 on top of OMSP 1.

pic

Lower OMSP 2 by 1 meter.

pic

Move OMSP 1, adjust its height, do whatever--you now have your object set at the correct height, but without lighting problems!

pic

• why is this in my notifications alexa im gonna bully you but thank you this was actually helpful

• @Maya-Lilly said in Alexa's Antics:

why is this in my notifications alexa im gonna bully you but thank you this was actually helpful

maya: *follows me*
    maya: WHY IS THIS IN MY NOTIFS ALEXA

:kissing_heart:

• Aaaaaah, good to know! Thank you for sharing the tutorials, they are really helpful 💕

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.