[CC][C:L10][RP PHASE ENDED] Dressage

• Competition Committee

@Nea-Sterling @Ariadne-Waters @Miranda-Gage @Amelia-Martin-Teagarden @Irene-Crownguard @Neeve-Kalford @Claire-von-Hohenfeld All fixed!

@Michelle-Frohman It looks as though WVS Funkenmarie is retired. If she was retired in error, you'll need to complete a discipline change to unretire her.

@Andrea-Burdine I moved RFE Infernocus R to Level 3, but now you have too many entries in Level 3. Let me know how you want to address this before the show ends and I will take care of it.

• PR Committee

@Leah-Harrington Just go ahead and delete his entry then! I thought I had everything worked out right but I guess not :sweat_smile:

• Competition Committee

@Andrea-Burdine I went ahead and moved him to Training (2) per our conversation on Slack ;)

• Development Committee

WPW Talos ID should be 26926. Can you please change it? Thank you!

• Damn im too late :(

• Competition Committee

@Fiora-Healy Fixed ;)

• Competition Committee

• Competition Committee

ROLEPLAY PHASE

Guidelines

• This phase will remain open for 14 days from the time of this post.

• You can submit any photo, story or a combination photo and story, as long as the entry is original and has not previously been used.

• Horses need to be entered in the randomized phase to qualify.

• Horses that have been disqualified may enter and collect points.

• A total of 5 horses per member can be entered in the Role Play phase.

• Entries must be submitted via the Roleplay Phase Entry Form to be counted and earn RP Rewards.

Minimum Requirements

• Story entries must be at least 300 words long and related to the show or the entry will not be counted. Entries longer than 300 words will not receive extra achievement points.

• Photos can be inspired by how your horse did in the competition portion of the show or you can do anything related to the show - e.g. arriving at the show, watching a class, etc.

Rewards

• One entry will award 2 points (photo or story).

• If both a picture and story are submitted, 1 extra point is awarded for a possible total of 3 points per horse.

• Each entry in the Roleplay Phase will award 20 Achievement Points ($1,000 prize money). For more information on Achievement Points please see The Achievement Points Guide

ENTRY CARD

CountDown

Entries must be submitted via the Roleplay Phase Entry Form to be counted and earn RP Rewards

• Banned

Ocean Pearl's Amityville and Hilda Wilson in Training (2) placed First.

• PR Committee

alt text
    Honeybrook Vaishali, ridden by Dottie Sudlow
    Training Level - 4th place

• PR Committee

alt text
    Feodras NC, ridden by Rylie Hellström
    Third Level - 5th place

• PR Committee

alt text
    Honeybrook Storeybrook, ridden by Bronagh Mac Giolla Bhrighde
    Training Level - 3rd place

• PR Committee

alt text
    CDC Varenna, ridden by Iona Henstridge
    Intermediare II Level - 1st place

• PR Committee

alt text
    Honeybrook Amiiqlyx, ridden by Carlotta Ripani
    Fourth Level Level - 1st place

• MV Moon Goddess and Leanna Maxwell in Intermediare I

alt text

• alt text
    TSS Aksai Chin & Paige Guthrie
    Level 1 - 5th Place

Aksai Chin is a Czech Warmblood and the only one at Rhovanion. She came to us in December of 2015 with three other horses as part of a Polo Discipline promotion. For the most part of her career she and the teammates did compete very successfully in Polo. After they reached 200 points each we retrained as far as possible for new disciplines. Aksai Chin got chosen for Dressage, because of her sharp mind and beautiful movements, and Eventing, because of her endurance and bravery. Even though she is now going on 18 years old she can compete quite confidently with younger horses as long as you don’t go to high in the classes. Paige has started riding her a while after she was officially ready for her new disciplines. The two of them get along well and have a lot of fun competing. Although Eventing is her stronger discipline from the two she usually does well in Dressage too. It only gets problematic if Aksai Chin isn’t ridden enough. I personally think she has some Thoroughbred blood not too far removed with is making her an energie bunny. Before today’s show Paige rode her every day the week leading up with definity helped. Because of some troubles at the last shows they only entered Level 1. The simple movements would give Paige time and focus to concentrate on Aksai’s correct form and her own posture. In the picture they are performing a circle at A. Paige wasn’t super happy with her ride. She had a few thing she wants to work on back home. I was happy with how the two of them worked together. The judges didn’t always agree but there were some really good other pairings too. So I don’t make to much out of the placing and hey they did get a nice ribbon.

• alt text
    Brandywine SHS & Hannah White
    Level 5 - 4th Place

Brandy, the official nickname given to her by me, has been with us for a long time already. She came as a lease horse. It was supposed to be a temporary thing but after a while Hannah fell in love with her and worked something out with her previous owner. Originally she only competed in Eventing but after she reached all the titles and she was a bit older we retired her. Now she competes in lower level Show Jumping and Dressage. Back when she was still an Eventer, those were her two worst disciplines. She would usually start weak in Dressage, get better in Show Jumping and then kill it in the Cross Country part. I thought about maybe changing her discipline to another “jumping in the countryside” discipline but since she is already 18 years old I think she will just compete a bit longer and then go into very deserved retirement.
    This show wasn’t anything special. Brandy is not one of our most relaxed horses at shows but Hannah is usually able to manages her. Brandy is a Thoroughbred after all. She lets you know in case you forgot. Her forwardness and rushing is probably why Dressage isn’t her favorite discipline. Why work on hard walk to canter transitions when you can just gallop around and maybe jump over some bushes? With her age and Hannah’s hard work her dressage scores did improve, but she still ends more shows not placed then with a ribbon. When she does get a ribbon it is usually a high placing though. With Brandy in Dressage you never know. You might get dead last or first place. There is really no telling. At this show we got the well behaved Brandy so they got a 4th place in Level 5. The movement I liked most was the extended canter down the long side as seen in the picture.

• alt text
    PBR Feel Free & Tricia Harper
    Level 6 - 5th Place

Feel Free is one of our top level dressage horses. Because of Show Hunter as her secondary discipline she can only got up to Level 6. But she is really good at it. Her story with us is kinda funny and unusually. We first bought her daughter, PBR Forever Young from a young breeding farm and started her as a dressage horse. A few years later we got news that the same breeding farm was reducing their breeding program. We went and found Feel Free. To be honest I only recognized her as I read her papers and then I got really interested in her. She had only ever been a broodmare and a pleasure ride. Since we don’t have a big enough breeding program to buy new mares our plan was to see how she would do as a competition horse. Because she was already a big older than most horses starting out their showing career it was a bit of a gamble but it paid out for us. Feel Free toke to Dressage relatively easy and it was Show Hunter she was difficult in.
    At the moment she places well in most shows and Tricia is really happy with how she feels. As a lot of dressage horses she is one the more lazy side of the scale but with an extra scoop of feed before a competition she does fantastic. At this show the weather was really nice and there were a lot of people watching the competitions. I was really glad that we arrived as early as we did so we didn’t have any problems with traffic. Feel Free doesn’t mind most things at show grounds. But you always have to look out for her mortal enemy, the plastic bag. Luckily there weren’t any plastic bags today.

• alt text
    W.S. Incognito & Lillian Harris
    Level 6 - 4th Place

Indy is one of older horses with 18 years, but don’t let that fool you into believing he will retire soon. He is still mischievous as ever. Indy was our very first Show Hunter. We bought him together with our successful and now retired from the sport, White Crest's North Storm. At first we had no clue what to do with him. We had no riders and no real experience in Show Hunter. Through lucky circumstances we found Lillian how had both the skills and the knowledge to compete in Show Hunter. And she started a trend at Rhovanion. Slowly more and more people wanted to show in Show Hunter. At the moment we have 11 pairs competing in Show Hunter. So we are really thankful for Lillian and Indy for showing us how much fun Show Hunter is. After they won everything and because we were a bit worried about his health Indy is now retired from Show Hunter but he still competes at Dressage. Because of the Under Saddle classes he was already familiar with some aspects of Dressage but he also had to learn quite a few new things. And at first it wasn’t easy. While he is always a nice horse that never bucks or rears, you could see and feel that he didn’t like Dressage and the Dressage areas. It was through bad weather that turned our outdoor arenas into muddy lakes that Lillian found a solution. She started taking him on trail rides and incorporating dressage elements like leg yields and shoulder in. Indy liked that a lot better than trotting around the arena all the time. Through this new training they improved their dressage quite fast and compete now in Level 6. At this show they got 4th place in their class and Lillian was so happy going back to the trailer that she had to hug her horse.

• alt text
    WR Drebēšana & Angelica Jones
    Level 1 - 10th Place

Sometimes horses are funny creatures. Sana is in general a nice horse. She is also a typical mare that you have to ask really nicely to make her do anything, but she is not know for being a bad or difficult horse to handle. We first got her as a temporary lease horse, but then we were able to keep her after the lease was over. She showed first in Show Hunter and after she reached the 200 point mark Angelica retrained her for Dressage. One of my favorite thing about Sana is people trying and failing to pronounce her name, which is why I only call her Sana. She did really well in Dressage the last two shows, getting first place in both of them. But at today’s show nothing went right from the moment Angelica greeted the judges. So this is the only nice picture I could get. It shows the two of them riding into the arena in trot before coming to a halt at X. And I don’t really understand what went wrong. Sana is a seasoned show horse. She has seen quite a few show grounds in her time as a Show Hunter and now as a dressage horse. Angelica has been riding her for years and is familiar with all her quirks and behaviorism. After greeting the judges Sana spooked at the judges and really didn’t want to go near them. Before any gait change she would give a little buck to make her displeasure known. In the canter she suddenly spooked and bolted to the other end of the arena. I’m in awe of how Angelica was able to stay on. Sana didn’t react to the clue for walk from trot so Angelica had to add an extra circle to slow her down. In short it was an absolute mess.

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.