Denn's Photo Den [ 08.18.19 ] Orange County 🍊

• alt text
    Nestled in the Orange Hills of Southern California, Kaine is a newly relocated equestrian center featuring public amenities such as lessons, training, and boarding as well as private offerings such as breeding and futurity. Formerly based in Stoddard, New Hampshire, Kaine initially functioned solely as a private breeding barn hidden from the public eye. Kaine has now re-opened its doors on the golden west coast to riders of all ages. Her sparkling facilities now feature 3 multipurpose outdoor arenas, brand new indoor arena, 14 private stalls, 14 boarding stalls, as well as gorgeous trails traversing the beautiful hills of Sonoma surrounding the property. For tours and other inquiries please contact our main office.

alt text

Title Date
    Tiny Dancer Sept 15 18
    A Picture Dump Oct 09 18
    Sweater Weather Oct 23 18
    Cheeto Puff Nov 18 18
    Jamboree I: Evergreen Jan 01 19
    Jamboree II: Divided Jan 05 19
    Jamboree III: Gold Jan 11 19
    Jamboree IV: Thief Jan 16 19
    Jamboree V: Milk & Coffee Feb 24 19
    Vignette Feb 27 19
    A Slice of Lemon Cake Mar 03 19
    Ghost Mar 24 19
    Self Care May 27 19

alt text
    At Kaine, we believe that riding is for all ages. Some of our most talented riders happen to be the youngest of the bunch. We gladly invite local youths of all ages to come ride with us whether casually or competitively. To apply visit our office to pick up a form.

alt text

Title Date
    Shore Tones Jun 01 19
    Orange County Aug 18 19

• Hello people of planet earth :full_moon_with_face: I'm still here haha. I'm just very very bad at being active. Before I deleted my old album my last update was from March. At that point I wanted nothing to do with either community so I did exactly that and I have to admit it was amazing not having to wrestle with this mess of a game :laughing: But I found myself missing editing so I came around again back in August doing random things here and there on ES and slack. Now I'm feeling bored again so I thought maybe coming back here (no promises that I'll enter any R-shows though) and restarting my album would be a good way to give the creative juices an extra push. I actually didn't really have any intention of returning but the liberty show looked like so much fun I wanted to give it a shot. Hoping to make a few more friends this time~ (third time's the charm right? :laughing: )

"Tiny Dancer"
    Tanns Krombacher
    alt text
    hold me closer tiny dancer...

• I want to cry. That editing is super smooth p_P

• Such a lovely picture! Can't wait to see more from you! :heart_eyes:

• Wow, absolutely marvellous editing :heart:

• Nice to hear you open a place for your pictures here. I'm looking forward for your work <3

• @Ivan-Kanerva said in Denn's Photo Den | 9/15 Tanns Krombacher:

I want to cry. That editing is super smooth p_P

Aww thank you Ivan :heart_decoration: I've already said this before but seriously your editing so stunning as well!!

@Gina-Jolie-Richards said in Denn's Photo Den | 9/15 Tanns Krombacher:

Such a lovely picture! Can't wait to see more from you! :heart_eyes:

Thank you Gina! :heart:

@Annalena-Voigt said in Denn's Photo Den | 9/15 Tanns Krombacher:

Wow, absolutely marvellous editing :heart:

Thank youuu :heartbeat:

@Sorina-Collins said in Denn's Photo Den | 9/15 Tanns Krombacher:

Nice to hear you open a place for your pictures here. I'm looking forward for your work <3

Thanks Sorina!! :heartpulse:

• Wow! Its been! A whole! Half a Month!!! Since I last posted. I don't really have a good excuse to be truly honest. I just didn't really feel like posting workshop/challenge entries? I haven't had the time to go in game and crank out any other content though so this is all I have. A collection of grey backdrop photos of horses I made for my own enjoyment and there's really not much else to it haha.

A Picture Dump
    ft. lots of things
    alt text
    Lord MoldyHorse; A very generic but also very moldy looking warmblood. (credit to Maya for his LOVELY marking)
    alt text
    Bean 1: That's right she doesn't even have a name. Why? Because she lives in the pit I mean bin thats why.
    alt text
    Waterlou LW; Finally something with an actual name. She's a little Connemara mare I made for my own nefarious and self indulgent purposes.
    alt text
    Trenton LW; Again, another horse made for my own selfish wants, this time in bay warmblood flavor
    alt text
    M'Lemoncake LW; Wow!!! Three names in a row!! A haffie made on a whim months ago when I went into hiding.
    alt text
    Bean 2 aka "Bonnie"; A random import made for someone who still hasn't figured out how to introduce this gorl so I won't say anymore :wink:
    alt text
    Ms. No Name; No unfortunately that isn't her name. A product of selfish self indulgence!! (and also me challenging myself to revisit an old appaloosa marking I made ages ago) How surprising. I like to call her Pumpkin but thats about it.
    alt text
    WRNGS Meet Me in Saint Louis; And lastly the only horse of the bunch I didn't make. I thought I was getting rid of a horse but I just HAD to ask for a picture and needless to say I was smitten.

• Love that appy mare! that marking is just stunning! :heart_eyes:
    But i have to say.. i like the other horses as well but she is just so gorgeous!! :heart_eyes:

If she somehow disappears from your stable don't come to my place.. I'm not home that day.. :sweat_smile:

• Hahaha, lots of pons in the bin I see?

Pumpkin is too cute :heart_decoration:

• They look all absolutely gorgeous! Would love to see them featured even more. You really have a talent for pon creation, Trenton and Lemoncake are just stunning and also the Arab Beans look fantastic :heart:

• @Denn-Hanes said in Denn's Photo Den | 10/09 Self Indulgence:

Wow! Its been! A whole! Half a Month!!!

wow; right off the bat, you have to make me feel bad for falling off of earth for an entire month. but go off, i guess :unamused:

anyway, for real: w o w. you need to teach me how to pull off boring backdrop photos so well, seriously. :sparkles: :star2:

moldymort is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING--maya's marking is flipping adorable, as are the rest of her things ( @Maya-Lilly ily :kissing_heart: ), and combined with your amazing texture and coat skills, i am. utterly. deceased. (i seriously cannot put into words how impressed i am with this mold kiddo--that coat is just DIVINE.)

bean 1 deserves a name, because she too is just way too cute. (plus, i see that little chest detail marking you made. it makes her all the more lovable <3 ) waterlou is not only ridiculously adorable as well, but incredibly powerful. because apparently the abba song is stuck in my head now. regardless, i love her too :sparkling_heart: moving on, trent trENT TRENT TRENT TRENT TRENT TRENT TRENT TRE--

I LOVE HIM. if i didnt love you more he'd have been mercilessly stolen long, long ago. his shading is just so unique and irresistible--and the sweet, innocent looking pose in that picture has me screaming. i love how i can always count on you and your flawless horses to make me do that. :100: :ok_hand:

lemoncake!! talk about adorable. i don't even have a thing for haffies, but ever since maya and you came along, well,,,,,,, i'll just leave it at that. (plus, lemony was in your quiet moments entry, right?)

onward: who could this mysterious bonbon be? :thinking: :thinking: whoever owns her now is incredibly lucky. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: that pumpkin girl is also just so, so precious. your recent marking projects have rendered me speechless (currently drooling over your smudgy tobi grey). and, maybe kind of random, maybe not, but the neck/cheek shading on her is just?? flawless?? i dont know. it captures my attention and i love it. and finally, louis! LOOK AT THAT CHUNK. i must admit i was surprised to see you bought a fjord, but that cute face makes me wonder how anyone could resist.

a solid 17/10 update. im screaming into the void. the mold and trent are ALWAYS welcome at my place if they get sick of the pit bin. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

• LORD MOLDYHORSE. omg look at that coat and that FACE. he just oozes "yeah i'm mouldy, but i'm amazing" and i am HERE FOR IT. :pray: not saying he'll be horseknapped, but....

• @Lidija-Rotherford said in Denn's Photo Den | 10/09 Self Indulgence:

Hahaha, lots of pons in the bin I see?

Pumpkin is too cute :heart_decoration:

Too many pons in the bin :weary: I'm thinking at this rate I might just compile the ones I don't use and raffle them off or maybe auction them around the holidays :smirk:

@Annalena-Voigt said in Denn's Photo Den | 10/09 Self Indulgence:

They look all absolutely gorgeous! Would love to see them featured even more. You really have a talent for pon creation, Trenton and Lemoncake are just stunning and also the Arab Beans look fantastic :heart:

Thank you! I'm trying to at least become active in R shows again so hopefully we'll be seeing more of them all!!

@Alexa-la-Coupe said in Denn's Photo Den | 10/09 Self Indulgence:

@Denn-Hanes said in Denn's Photo Den | 10/09 Self Indulgence:

Wow! Its been! A whole! Half a Month!!!

wow; right off the bat, you have to make me feel bad for falling off of earth for an entire month. but go off, i guess :unamused:

anyway, for real: w o w. you need to teach me how to pull off boring backdrop photos so well, seriously. :sparkles: :star2:

moldymort is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING--maya's marking is flipping adorable, as are the rest of her things ( @Maya-Lilly ily :kissing_heart: ), and combined with your amazing texture and coat skills, i am. utterly. deceased. (i seriously cannot put into words how impressed i am with this mold kiddo--that coat is just DIVINE.)

bean 1 deserves a name, because she too is just way too cute. (plus, i see that little chest detail marking you made. it makes her all the more lovable <3 ) waterlou is not only ridiculously adorable as well, but incredibly powerful. because apparently the abba song is stuck in my head now. regardless, i love her too :sparkling_heart: moving on, trent trENT TRENT TRENT TRENT TRENT TRENT TRENT TRE--

I LOVE HIM. if i didnt love you more he'd have been mercilessly stolen long, long ago. his shading is just so unique and irresistible--and the sweet, innocent looking pose in that picture has me screaming. i love how i can always count on you and your flawless horses to make me do that. :100: :ok_hand:

lemoncake!! talk about adorable. i don't even have a thing for haffies, but ever since maya and you came along, well,,,,,,, i'll just leave it at that. (plus, lemony was in your quiet moments entry, right?)

onward: who could this mysterious bonbon be? :thinking: :thinking: whoever owns her now is incredibly lucky. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: that pumpkin girl is also just so, so precious. your recent marking projects have rendered me speechless (currently drooling over your smudgy tobi grey). and, maybe kind of random, maybe not, but the neck/cheek shading on her is just?? flawless?? i dont know. it captures my attention and i love it. and finally, louis! LOOK AT THAT CHUNK. i must admit i was surprised to see you bought a fjord, but that cute face makes me wonder how anyone could resist.

a solid 17/10 update. im screaming into the void. the mold and trent are ALWAYS welcome at my place if they get sick of the pit bin. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

Alexa why do you have to write so much askladkk :weary: (jk I always love your comments they're so thoughtful and you REALLY pay attention to details it puts me to shame :cry: )

First of all Bean 1 STILL doesn't even have a name. 2. I STILL haven't finished that edit of her so she's really just never going to see any daylight ever again and that's the tea.

Ugh your love for Trent ALSO puts me to shame. For whatever reason I based him in Florida with the ponies and haffies because for some reason I thought it'd be really funny to have a fancy top notch warmblood living with ponies and haffies?? That has backfired horribly because I haven't opened that save in months oops. Maybe I'll have to dust him off just for you :thinking:

Listen b. @Maya-Lilly and I are going to somehow get a haffie into that barn of yours. Be warned. Also that was in fact not Lemon but his gf who............doesn;t.....have...a name..............

That fjord was actually an impulse buy!!! I had just finished trading a horse for Moldy's marking and out of curiosity I asked her if she had any pics of sweet lil Bella so she showed me one and I was sMITTEN. And also screwed because I thought I was getting rid of a horse but I bought her so :shrug:

@Siri-Kane said in Denn's Photo Den | 10/09 Self Indulgence:

LORD MOLDYHORSE. omg look at that coat and that FACE. he just oozes "yeah i'm mouldy, but i'm amazing" and i am HERE FOR IT. :pray: not saying he'll be horseknapped, but....

Many fans of Moldyhorse I see :laughing: To be honest I called him that as a joke but Mold is starting to grow on me as a disgustingly endearing name.......

• Sweater Weather
    ft. Janelle on WRNGS Fiscal Investor
    alt text
    Long long ago, specifically July 7th 2012, 12 year old Denn made an interesting purchase. At the time I was really interested in Lusitanos and I had a whole string of crudely made mares and stallions. So I thought, "Hey, Lipizzaners are....also baroque. Why not?"
    I ended up buying a breeding pair of Lipizzaners just for kicks from @Dimitri-Dane but I stopped playing sims for a few years. I brought this fella back for the Spring Quarterly challenge this year but that was months ago and I've been meaning to bring them back again, this time a little more greyed out than before.

bonus:

alt text @Ariadne-Waters see we're one step closer to your circus

• Competition Committee

The editing is just unreal :heart_eyes:

By the way, the b&a link has an 'l' at the start of it so it doesn't work. Just so you're aware :D

• PR Committee

Loving all the new pons in your picture dump! I don't know if I can pick a favorite. I think it's tied between Moldy and Pumpkin. They are both super unique looking, but all of them are gorgeous in their own way. I'm so glad you've found time to get back into sims again. Your game is such a treat to look at when you post pictures. There's so much detail and a lot of quality in your images.

Fiscal Investor is very regal and handsome. I always love to admire baroques from afar. A secret love of mine. I'm afraid my game just doesn't do them justice, and they only look the best edited; which your super talented at! The hair looks so soft and flowy. How long do you spend on editing a full picture?

• Just gorgeous editing, totally stunning picture :heart:

• @Toni-Lamberti said in Denn's Photo Den | 10/23 Sweater Weather:

The editing is just unreal :heart_eyes:

By the way, the b&a link has an 'l' at the start of it so it doesn't work. Just so you're aware :D

Thank you Toni!! :heart: (Also thanks for pointing that out I would never have noticed :see_no_evil:)

@Danielle-Maddox said in Denn's Photo Den | 10/23 Sweater Weather:

Loving all the new pons in your picture dump! I don't know if I can pick a favorite. I think it's tied between Moldy and Pumpkin. They are both super unique looking, but all of them are gorgeous in their own way. I'm so glad you've found time to get back into sims again. Your game is such a treat to look at when you post pictures. There's so much detail and a lot of quality in your images.

Fiscal Investor is very regal and handsome. I always love to admire baroques from afar. A secret love of mine. I'm afraid my game just doesn't do them justice, and they only look the best edited; which your super talented at! The hair looks so soft and flowy. How long do you spend on editing a full picture?

Thank you Danielle it means a lot to hear that from you :cry: My game isn't anything special haha I just do things and it turns out...alright..ish? :laughing: He really is beautiful though isn't he? I usually don't like my own work very much but I think he's just so satisfying to look at. I get this feeling like seeing those shining white horses in the fairytales and princess movies as a kid whenever I see fully greyed out horses, its almost nostalgic. :relieved: And honestly it depends on how busy I am. I rarely edit in one sitting these days so I'll work in little bursts over 1-2 days (any longer and I end up scrapping the piece :see_no_evil:) So if you take out all the breaks, this one probably took me 4-5 hours? It depends on what I'm painting as well. If I'm not repainting anything (hair, tack, face structure, etc) I can do simple edits (sand, blur, reins) pretty quickly in about an hour.

@Annalena-Voigt said in Denn's Photo Den | 10/23 Sweater Weather:

Just gorgeous editing, totally stunning picture :heart:

Thank you Annalena!! :sparkling_heart: :kissing_closed_eyes:

• Absolutely lovely (with ballerina's tutu too xD )

• DENN HOLD UP WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING.

i cant believe you'd just slaughter me when all i did was click on your album, smh. stop being so good!!!

@Denn-Hanes said in Denn's Photo Den | 10/23 Sweater Weather:

Alexa why do you have to write so much askladkk (jk I always love your comments they're so thoughtful and you REALLY pay attention to details it puts me to shame )

:hugging:
    leaving meaningful things (or trying to, at least) is My Passion, and you truly deserve it a thousand times over :sparkling_heart: spending twenty minutes to write is absolutely nothing compared to all the pretty things you murder me with :kissing_closed_eyes:

@Denn-Hanes said in Denn's Photo Den | 10/23 Sweater Weather:

Maybe I'll have to dust him off just for you

if you won't do it, i'm going to make you do it. you know very well what i mean. :dagger:

and for the actual update, i repeat: DENN WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING. h-how? i fear your editing power. the aura in your pictures, especially indoor arena ones, is just so magical i really could spend all day looking at it. this is too beautiful i can almost apologize you for shaming me and my rushed five-hour edits. (almost.) i also cant help but notice the gorgeous bokeh you edited in; i'm always too scared to use my brushes for that and rely on reshade instead (which, as you know, never works).

(and now i finally know what denn's lookalike's name is)

and why didn't you post that in the hollywood challenge? it looks fab. 16/10 would slurp again

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.