|~ Yeguada de Duarte ~| Our blog

• alt text

Founded by Alanna McAllister under the name of Warriors Acres, the stud has suffered numerous name changes throughout its history. The location of the facilities, on the contrary, has always been maintained within the same autonomous community: Madrid, (Spain).

Currently, Yeguada de Duarte is directed by Irene Duarte with the financial support of Altaïr Al-Fayed, focusing the breeding on five main breeds: Andalusian (PRE & Carthusian), Thoroughbred, Marismeño, Spanish Sport Horse and Arabian horse (Egyptian and Spanish strains).

alt text
    alt text
    alt text alt text
    alt text

• Purchased from @Jade-Nguyen, Lexington's Cassalina is an American Warmblood mare. She's an amazing horse. I'm completely in love with her.
    alt text
    Purchased from @Emilie-Eriksen, OBEC Queen Juliet is a foundation Trakehner mare. She's very elegant. I love her agile and powerful conformation, ideal for Show Jumping.
    alt text
    Purchased from @Nathalie-Jensen, NZJ Darker Thoughts is a beautiful young mare [Arabian warmblood (Spanish Sport Horse x Arabian)]. She will compete soon in Show Jumping and Dressage, like her parents.
    alt text

This "little" guy is Zahir Duque. I recovered his file some time ago, but it was not until now that I recovered him officially (I have his profile back). I made a long story for him, and although I will not tell it full here, it is possible that I upload something about it.
    alt text

Last but not less important. my boy Maestoso got a coat update (last update ^^ ). I really am not a fan of Lipizzan horses, but I recognize that he has me in love.
    alt text
    Older pic

• amazing horses you've got here! I'm glad you like Cassalina! <3

• Too many new horses!!! And Maestoso looks so great with his completly white senior coat :heart:

• More horses come to the blog to be presented... ^^

All were registered or they will be soon.

ART Firebird, won in a raffle organized by the amazing @Nikki-Calvaria.
    alt text

DSA Firecracker Princess & DSA Celtic Dawn, purchased from @Christine-Taylor.
    alt text
    alt text

Ilum S de Duarte, breeding at home with @Charlie-Smith stallion Hollow's Lancelot and our mare WHEC Antalya.
    alt text

Rosewood's Calling Card
    alt text

PH's First Attempt
    alt text

And "Nella", breeding with @Lidija-Rotherford stallion Altair S and our mare VD The Curse of Royal Blood, with a surrogate mare Vitta.
    alt text

• Im so happy to see how Ilum S de Duarte grew up! I adore his grey coat and his dapples!

• Woooow! All are amazing!

• Navel Powel de Duarte

Bay Thoroughbred stallion, Flat Racing.
    alt text

Hoofbeat's Spirit

Buckskin tobiano Shetland stallion, Halter.
    alt text

• Such pretty horses!! <3 <3

• New presentations!

I have the feeling of just uploading images to present newly arrived horses...

I will start with these three nice and beautiful ladies, recently purchased from my good friend @Borja-Domecq.
    alt text

HSEC Enormous Pleasure LSS/WSLW All That Jazz Concordia WM
    alt text alt text alt text

And... here comes the longest part of this update: the horses bought from @Veola-Loveless.

I want to start with the most special one for me. I recognize that it's fun for me to see this name on a stallion because in Spain, where I'm from, it's usually a feminine name. My mother in RL is called like him: Mercedes. When I saw him, I knew that I had to buy him.

PCRA Mercedes has everything to fall in love with him: his name is special to me and I feel a special attachment for chestnut horses.
    alt text

RWH Lacan
    alt text

DDEC Dakar
    alt text

Heritage's Malak
    alt text

Heritage's Nationality
    alt text

Heritage's Verblassen
    alt text

CHEC Bretagne
    alt text

MHS/WSLW Such A HeartBreaker
    alt text

Maple Hollow's St. Nick
    alt text

BSR Moon Veil
    alt text

PSSC Prada
    alt text

Woodcrest's A Paint Named Slickback
    alt text

RDEC Gladiator
    alt text

PSS SomethingRoyal
    alt text

• They all look amazing! :heart_eyes: I'm so excited to see them happy again!

• Here I am again to present some new faces in Yeguada de Duarte, although this time not all are purchases.

Credo de Duarte

Young 3 year old Spanish Sport Horse mare, by Altair S (American Warmblood stallion property of @Lidija-Rotherford) and our Hanoverian mare FTCS Kathy's Gotta Gun. You could meet her in a previous update with her barn name "Nella".
    alt text

She became very close friends with two other foals (which are not foals now). The young chestnut boy is Galante de Duarte, son of our Andalusian stallion Emperador I de Duarte (Perdigón III de Urquijo x Carioca IV de Duarte). The young bay mare has no name, yet. Her sire is our Selle Français stallion WHEC Full Moon and our andalusian mare Jaranera del Sicomoro.
    alt text

Galante with his dam (MRD Jacinta del Cascabel) Bay filly with her dam (Jaranera del Sicomoro)
    alt text alt text

We recently won a breeding raffle ... and she is the result. She does not have an official name yet, although here we have started calling her Mona. She has a nice sabino palomino coat, and is a thoroughbred filly daughter of Aehrenthal's Delirium (buckskin sabino Thoroughbred stallion property of @Maritza-Aehrenthal) and our mare HT The Wanderer (bay)

(in this pic with her surrogate mare)

alt text

We do not only have horses (and donkeys and mules) around here. We have some dogs ... like Mako (Alano female. 2 years).
    alt text

She is part of the team that receives the newly arrived horses. Currently she feels some interest in YI Cantor del Impío (chestnut Andalusian stallion won in a special raffle in the Spanish community). I believe that the interest is mutual. ^^
    alt text

YI Cantor del Impío
    alt text

• Oh wow she's grown so big and beautiful!

• @Lidija-Rotherford Yes, she is huge! (although also her two friends are somewhat smaller than her ... for the moment). Thanks for comment.

• Beautiful horses :D Which pose set did you use, the poses a wonderful.

• @Katharina-Opalhaven I have a lot of poses ... and I do not remember where I got most of them from. You can have a look in the store, here in the forum, because there are excellent creators of poses. ;)

Thanks for comment!

If you still do not know, we have opened our stud season. The offer is quite large and with quite low prices. In addition, we have two options (BIY & Trad + custom marking).

Now you can see some of our stallions available (we are taking the photos slowly ...).

PCRA Firework (Dutch Warmblood)
    alt text

MM Jupiter Aura (Pintabian)
    alt text

Seishean (Tersk)
    alt text

TLM Close To The Stars (Clydesdale)
    alt text

MM Daydream Believer (Appaloosa)
    alt text

Master of Shadows de Duarte (Gypsy Vanner)
    alt text

Don Felipe S (Friesian)
    alt text

VD Armas Avellano (Andalusian)
    alt text

Monachyle's Avro Anson (Württemberger)
    alt text

• And more stallions...

Crizole de Duarte (Australian Brumby)
    alt text

Callaway's Avec le Destin (Finnish Warmblood)
    alt text

VAPH Gingerbred Man (Bavarian Warmblood)
    alt text

Santa's Little Helper vH (Thoroughbred)
    alt text

Just Lucky de Duarte (Thoroughbred)
    alt text

HT On Cloud Nine (Thoroughbred)
    alt text

Million Voices de Duarte (Thoroughbred)
    alt text

EA Beelzebub (Thoroughbred)
    alt text

• I promise that I tried to edit the images. But, my first mane result displeased me, my hand began to hurt and I gave way. Also, the pen of my tablet does not work well and I do not have the cd to reinstall the drivers ... all tragic.

I leave aside, for the moment, the photos of the stallions to tell you about my little excursion to a nearby horse market. As I know myself well, I chose the big van to go there (you never know how many horses you will return home).

I made a photo of some horses that I did not buy ... but I decided not to upload them. ;)

Altaïr does not like to accompany me to these places because he also knows me. But, him always ends with me. I don't understand him and I do not try to do it. I guess he wants to keep a close eye on the money he spends.

Whatever.

Our main interest was the possibility of finding some Marismeño mares to add to our team. And as we expected; We found two mares.

Grey mare (8 y.o.) Flaxen Chestnut Tobiano mare (3 y.o.)
    alt text alt text

I looked at all the places. Some of the horses had already been sold ... but among the horses that remained, there was one that stood out above the others.

alt text

First time in my life I see a chimera with my own eyes! And obviously ... I was not going to leave without him.
    I asked Altair to guard the box while I searched among people for the person selling him. After ten minutes of searching, I found her: she was an 18-year-old girl. Carla (that's her name) told me that it was not the first time that she and her father went to the market to try to sell the chimera horse. Sadly there were not many interested in those rare genetics.

She was quite excited when I told her that I was very, very interested in buying him. Happy, she placed the halter and took him to the little track so I could see her jumping skills. Something unnecessary (I was sure to buy the horse), but I did not know how to refuse.

alt text alt text

And he is only 3 years old! A jumping's promise that went right to our van, along with the two Marismeño mares.

alt text alt text

Here we would have finished our adventure at the local horse market ... if I had not heard Carla's screams. I suppose that is what the walls have to be thin in this type of events.

When I approached the driveway, Carla was leaning against a cattle trailer, crying. Sweetly, I asked her what had happened there and she, between tears and sobs, told me that they could not go home with any of the horses they had brought to sell, and that her father had made the decision to accept the offer of anyone who was interested in them. Butchers included.

I had never liked the horses ending up in the slaughterhouse. Over time, I did not like the idea that any animal ended his life there and I became vegetarian.

And if I could avoid it, those horses would not end there.

When I went back inside, there were only three horses left to sell. Exactly, Carla's horses.

alt text

—She's the chimera's mother. We call her Maddie, because she always seems mad — Carla said.

The next two positions were occupied by one stallion (the possible chimera's father) and another mare.

alt text alt text alt text

Altair is somewhat upset with me. I have exceeded the limit he had calculated, but I think it was worth it.

• It really was worth it Irene! Anything to save horses from slaughter <3

• Lisandro Hit has arrived, @Luke-Alhmann !!

The first thing the young stallion has done has been to investigate his little paddock ...
    alt text

...while his neighbors watched him. MM Celtic Charm (buckskin Anglo-Arabian) and YI Cantor del Impío (chestnut stallion) were strongly ignored.

alt text alt text

alt text

As the weather is good, the horses are released in the meadows near the facility for newcomers. There are new sounds and smells that little by little attract his attention.

Welcome home, Lisandro!! <3

alt text

• You know, I really like all your horses (and the huuuuge number of breeds you’ve got!!), but at this time... Lisandro is sooo cuute!!! Look at this facee!!!

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.