Dapper Fellow Fields [cogs to the machine - 11.10.2018]

• alt text
    "Fiery the angel͇͝s̹̼͓̳̬͎̜ ͇̣f̯e̡͓͕̣̻̹̬l̯̼̖̬͖̀l. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders..."

What happens when the musings of personalities one might consider deviant, go too far?

This happens.

DPPR was never meant to happen. It was a joke. One between a pair of star-crossed equestrians, each with stables of their own, locked in a rivalry that never seemed so bitter as it did endlessly amusing for their egos. Wouldn't it be funny, they had hummed and drummed over old liquor in older barns under oldest stars, wouldn't it be funny if enemies turned to allies? Wouldn't it be funny if the two global enterprises, made successful independently by their divergent owners, became one, a conglomerate to turn the world on it's head?

Wouldn̸'̴t͝ it ͜b͘e̵ ̶funny?

Maybe the joke of it contributed to the effort. Drunk musings of domination turned to litigation, turned to company mergers, turned to lawyers glad-handing and bank accounts merged, turned to darker dealings, holdings liquefied and solidified as two stables lost their names and gained a new one, together.

Together.

Iǹte̢rli̡nked?

Dapper Fellow Fields (A tragic name, definitely the worst part of it all) was born, already ready to set fire to the horse world. Primarily a breeding/competition hybrid, the stable's management was vast as it was unimportant, staff hand-picked to ensure an unbeatable ecosystem. Unbeatable. That was the point. That was their motto. They were unbeatable.

UPDATE DATE
    an old memory 9.23.2018
    liberty with big egos 9.24.2018
    the law of attraction 10.2.2018
    hollywood horses 10.15.2018
    bean soup 10.21.2018
    it's baby time 10.24.2018
    cogs to the machine 11.10.2018
    the law of cause & effect 10.??.2018
    it's a shame she won't live 10.??.2018
    but then again, who does? 10.??.2018
    something something, elves 10.??.2018
    it's not easy being blue 10.??.2018
    three's company 10.??.2018
    a return to form 10.??.2018
    dominos 10.??.2018
    facility tour; california 10.??20018
    facility tour; vancouver 10.??20018

• Reserved. For stuff.

• This one too, why not.

• alt text

Jillian 'Jellybean Eating Contest World Champion' Baylor (A self-declared title, really) is the oldest child in the Teth family, publicly adopted into their ranks at the ripe age of 14 in events some critics would call 'charity', but the Teths only sought to have something eluding them for years; a family. Naturally, at first came quite a bit of friction as the once-childless couple of Luke and Alicia adjusted to their adolescent child, and as Jillian got used to their unusual dynamic. It was impossible to hide the fact that her new parents ran a tireless international equestrian mega machine, producing some of the best (and most coloured) in the sport. And at first, Jill cared little for horses, but that all-- as it usually does in these types of stories --changed in a few years when she encountered her professed dream pony.

Purchased through a foreign intermediary for DPPR and made by the ever-fabulous @Elin-Fredriksdotter, Arezzo W (Jill dubbed him Arnie at once, amusingly) was a talented boy with talented bloodlines. And she was sold on his charming face, goofy soul, and dolphin-like canter. After a few days of climatization for the stallion, the two were as thick as thieves.

They've both experienced quite a lot of success in the show ring, taking the Eventing & Dressage worlds by storm -- Arnie is now 6, sitting at 96 points in Dressage and 41 in Eventing. Jill has a few other horses under her belt too, but Arnie has always been her number one,

After Arezzo W's purchase, Jillian finally threw herself headfirst into the family business, with her and Luke becoming particularly close as a result. This is when 'the jacket' entered the equation, an old baseball jacket of his that Luke gave to her for her high-school graduation. It's now a part of nearly every outfit she wears, citing its almost magical warmth and, of course, the luck it brought.

Outside of her equine partner and her family, Jill is a competition rider for DPPR, dating the barn's head trainer, owns a German Shepherd named Gilbert, and maintains a surprisingly cordial relationship with her birth mother -- She kept her mother's maiden name of Baylor as opposed to taking the Teth name, though on occasion uses both of them when the mood strikes her or when she feels like utilizing her family's clout. Alongside long walks on the beach and romantic dinners, she also enjoys terrorizing her younger siblings, the twins-via-surrogate Emma and Ethan.

This was a post originally meant to go up on the old blog, but it can live here as a testament. Starting fresh seemed like a good idea, no? At any rate, I had all this written already. Just gave it a fresh coat of paint. Meet Jillian, Luke's oldest and in many (mostly spiritual) ways his youngest too.

• eyy, welcome back! im glad to see dppr starting fresh with a new blog, though i'll definitely miss the old one (so many goodies in there :sob: ). i used to stalk it long before i had an account here, and usually had a tab open to it for inspiration. not creepy at all :stuck_out_tongue: :100:

anyway, ive always loved the colors you got going on, and the writing you added this time was a nice touch; it's so spoopy. (i definitely wont be trusting any of them.) jill also seems like a rly fun person to hang out with, and i like the story behind her jacket :ok_hand: then there's arnie--he's so cute! (this is also making me nostalgic because i remember his debut post on your old blog :scream: ) i absolutely adore his face and coat. please tell our jellybean queen to give him lots of kisses for me :two_hearts:

• I was SO excited when I read this yesterday; I kept intending to come back and leave a proper comment but hahahaha I'm me.

Posts about the people behind the horses make my heart skip and leap and swell and I LOVE what you've done here with Jill; she feels distinct to me already, even after meeting her for the first time in just a few words. I really, really, REALLY hope you'll keep making posts like this; I'd love to follow Jill's adventures and meet the rest of the Teths, too.

That aside: that's a lovely portrait and I daresay they complement each other very nicely. :heart: The colours are just :ok_hand:

PS. - Do they also call Arnie the Terminator?? I feel like that's required with a name like Arnie.

• Great to see you back arround, both rider and pon looking gorgeous! Can't wait to hear more of you again :heart:

• What's with the "don't trust any of them" bolding? hahah

• @Alexa-la-Coupe said in Dapper Fellow Fields [an old memory - 9.23.2018]:

eyy, welcome back! im glad to see dppr starting fresh with a new blog, though i'll definitely miss the old one (so many goodies in there :sob: ). i used to stalk it long before i had an account here, and usually had a tab open to it for inspiration. not creepy at all :stuck_out_tongue: :100:

anyway, ive always loved the colors you got going on, and the writing you added this time was a nice touch; it's so spoopy. (i definitely wont be trusting any of them.) jill also seems like a rly fun person to hang out with, and i like the story behind her jacket :ok_hand: then there's arnie--he's so cute! (this is also making me nostalgic because i remember his debut post on your old blog :scream: ) i absolutely adore his face and coat. please tell our jellybean queen to give him lots of kisses for me :two_hearts:

There's no jellybean emoji and it's distracting. Thank you so much! As someone who's definitely done that before with other people, it's beyond humbling and flattering to know I was one of those people for you. :heart:

@Ariadne-Waters said in Dapper Fellow Fields [an old memory - 9.23.2018]:

I was SO excited when I read this yesterday; I kept intending to come back and leave a proper comment but hahahaha I'm me.

Posts about the people behind the horses make my heart skip and leap and swell and I LOVE what you've done here with Jill; she feels distinct to me already, even after meeting her for the first time in just a few words. I really, really, REALLY hope you'll keep making posts like this; I'd love to follow Jill's adventures and meet the rest of the Teths, too.

That aside: that's a lovely portrait and I daresay they complement each other very nicely. :heart: The colours are just :ok_hand:

PS. - Do they also call Arnie the Terminator?? I feel like that's required with a name like Arnie.

Of course they do.

I definitely want to do more posts like this! I had a lot of fun with this. I think. My writing's been bleh lately. But, oh well, I can have fun with it even with a couple hundred thousand ponies under me! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@Annalena-Voigt said in Dapper Fellow Fields [an old memory - 9.23.2018]:

Great to see you back arround, both rider and pon looking gorgeous! Can't wait to hear more of you again :heart:

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: Thank you!

@Lidija-Rotherford said in Dapper Fellow Fields [an old memory - 9.23.2018]:

What's with the "don't trust any of them" bolding? hahah

Well I definitely don't know what you mean. Not at all... :thinking: :wink:

• alt text

Ego's taken a trip to the races. Well, not the races-races, but he's showing off his Liberty skills with Luke in the Tundra Mountain Classicals Liberty Challenge. You can view his entry here, if you dare...

• Beautiful horse :heart_decoration:

• alt text

"Are you just impossible to photograph, or is that a fault in your code or something?"

"What?"

"You're slouching."

"And? I'm not gonna steal his thunder."

"You are also not going to have a bad picture for our website, lest you scare away future investors just on first glance. And, remember who has your helmet here. And your stirrups. With their leathers. Won't do much riding on Nichts without those, will you? And, also remember who owns a majority stake in the company; I feel as though I'm forgetting something else as well..."

"I wonder what that could be. Am I supposed to smile now?"

"--That'll do, Teth. I really captured that dead look in your eyes."

"Thanks, Teth. Can I have my helmet, please."

"Perhaps."

Luke 'The Indomitable' Teth is what you might call a backbone. That is, to say he has one, and that he is also a part of the bedrock of DPPR. A founding father (Quite literally) of the enterprise, his beginnings weren't quite as extravagant, more humble, as a rancher from Dallas, Texas, who grew up on a love of the equestrian. Beginning first in western sport he expanded briefly to racing Quarter Horses which brought him away from the cattle ranger lifestyle and a position at a working student in a local Eventing barn solidified his love of the three-day sport (Though, he still rides Western for pleasure, and takes great pride in annoying innocents with his dangerously crisp and authentic southern twang). The local circuit took him national, partaking in Dressage and Show-Jumping exclusive events on the side as he proved himself a capable rider who could work with anything from the skittish newcomer to the bombproof professional to the hot-headed know-it-all. Horses, that is. Luke's people skills leave some to be desired, and that was never more evident than the international rivalry soon to be born between Olympians.

Making the U.S. team seemed something of a dream come true for him, managing his way up to his own stable of horses that he put through the North American circuit. His mount of choice, at the time, had been SAEC Stunning Evil, a birdcatcher bay Thoroughbred stallion that had proven mighty successful in the ring, and would prove his worth internationally as well. Off they went, to London, to try and strike gold. It was during that Olympic season of 2012 that Luke had the (mis)fortune of encountering a fellow rider, though she rode for her homeland of Britain; Alicia Faust, a woman with a vengeful streak who rode a Thoroughbred as equally as eyecatching as his own; MSE Desperate Measures, he of the blue eyes and dark coat. It was only natural the two would lock horns eventually, especially as they were in direct competition, clashing personalities and nationalities and if you named it, they likely had opposing views on it and were not afraid to be quite vocal. It wasn't uncommon for teammates to find the two bickering over supposedly-stolen grooming equipment or claiming they had been the ones to book that particular training ring and that the other would simply have to take their stallion and leave, but there was always that admiration. As athletes, of course. Both had made it this far, could they just not respect each other and move on? When Britain won silver in Team Eventing with her spearheading, Luke still found himself eager to celebrate despite his 7th placing with the rest of USA.

And that was where the problems began. Well, the 'problems'. Drinks to celebrate, drinks in private, more drinks in the barn as they snuck their star equines some rewards of their own for jobs well done. Bonding time, it could be said. Relishing in their achievements. Then came the jokes. Both independent owners of successful equestrian enterprises; if they joined forces, what would stop them? What could stop them? When Luke returned to the states he did so jubilantly, knowing he'd found a new partner across the seas. Business partner. Just business. It's always just business. And long business, too -- Taking nearly a year for Alicia's operations to move overseas to the Pacific Northwest, where Luke's was currently situated. A far cry from ranches and plains, but the misty, mysterious forests were magical all the same, as magical as the growing horde of equines that made their home now as Dapper Fellow Fields was starting to take shape. Their joined resources were certainly effective.

It'd take a marriage (of companies) to solidify the deal, though the two knew the inevitable as well. Dating was awkward, and all the next step had taken was a quiet moment, her passing a ring to him in the halls of one of their many barns. Wordless, simple, metal pressed into his hand. Her choice, most definitely her style of 'actions over words' like a punch to the throat. Maybe a more than little confusing, sure, but that had always been Alicia to him, constantly challenging that status quo of normalcy and elevating him to be a (somewhat) better version of himself. Whether he did the same for, he couldn't be positive -- But he was positive that she was right (As always), and that this next step was right, too. The newly-christened Teths faced some rather overwhelming challenges navigating their relationship but always made it work, always a deep-set love and affection there for what they did, and for each other. By far the hardest roadblock they, and by extension, Luke, has faced was the trials of family, coming to terms with the fact theirs would have to be unlike others. There would be no awkward baby showers and early-morning hospital trips for them; they would instead adopt a rambunctious teenager and eventually utilize surrogacy to further expand their family due to Alicia's health complications, in total having three children; Jillian, Emma, and Ethan. All a little strange, perfect the way they were.

With DPPR having taken off and clients serviced all around the world, it's safe to assume Luke's future is relatively secure. Even after all this time he still rides Elijah, his Olympian, with him close to his international title, though has found new love in his other mounts like MSE Fragile Ego and Nacarat LX (Photographed above, and with whom Luke is most certainly cheating on Ego with), all the while teaching his employed cohort of talented competition riders, managing an ungodly amount of future breedings & holdings, and trying to be the best dad:tm: possible. An unmistakable fact is that it has certainly been a life for him, and many more chapters left to be written.

Oh dear I think I got wordy. I've forcibly averted thine eyes from Luke's cute little backstory and overall explanation of self in the event you were just here for the pretty pictures. I've also outlined some updates with their vague titles in the table in the first post so maybe I'll be encouraged to stick to a schedule of some kind :P Can't take credit for Nichts, though; that was all @Ariadne-Waters and I must say I am tragically flattered to have him here and horribly ashamed to say this is his first real showing-off. Stone me, I've earned it, but at least Luke looks good. Right. Maybe. Eh.

• That smirk on his face :heart_eyes: Also the pon is absolutely gorgeous! :heart:

• Love the backstory and the photo!

• Woaaaah this horse ist amazing. <3 Nd the rider very hot ^^

• alt text

^ Me because

(1) is that really the same dopey thing I sent you??!?!?

and (2)

HONOUR, HIGH HONOUR

Lemme just get this out of my system real quick: eeeeeeeep, he looks :boom: SENSATIONAL :boom: in your game (!!!) Like an actual horse ready for serious business and not some kid's pony taken out to jump on the weekends (which, now that I think about it, might have been part of his backstory :joy: ) The magic of DPPR, ladies and gentleman! He looks ready to win some Grand Prix. (and I love that Appaloosa eye you've done, okay)

On a more serious note, I'm humbled and flattered and every combination of meek and delighted adjectives under the sun that you've given him the high position of being Luke's personal mount alongside the incomparable Ego :scream: as well as just.. warm and fuzzy in general to see him in your game and that you're enjoying him to even a small degree. :two_hearts: That photo presents them in a way that makes them look like the beginning of a partnership, like adventures waiting to happen, and I will eagerly be following their progress together.

(I'll put a cap on the gushing now)

I want to add, too, that I love the way you write, particularly the pace you set. I have a notoriously short attention span and find it difficult to keep focused even on my own writing, so to be able to hold my concentration is generally indicative that you're pretty darn good.
    Loved learning about Luke's southern roots (any chance of "DPPR Does Western" in the future? :smirk: ) and I applaud the comprehensive career history you've put together for him; Luke Teth the character has been an enigma to me until now, so this is really nice. I also adored the way you presented Luke & Alicia's unconventionally sweet relationship- an awkward romance, but not without its warmth. They seem like headstrong & determined peas in a pod, and like genuinely good friends first of all. I love that.

Last thing:

Luke naturally only had one fiendish individual to blame for all the times judges paused in reading scorecards and fellow riders hid amused looks behind snowy gloves... dark benefactors not to have their toes stepped on lightly.

I read this just recently and smirked to myself; I think Aylet would be suitably proud of such a description. ;)

• wheeee, finally a look at the luke teth! i was always curious about the family behind dppr, and it’s exciting to see where youre going with the blog restart. (youre also either incredibly productive or incredibly brave for having future post names on the table of contents—because you can bet that i am definitely waiting for those.)

anyway, from the little exchange between luke and her i already love alicia. she seems Cool™️, and the way you developed their relationship was adorable. your writing style also has an edge to it that i really like; it’s not overly flowery but it’s got all the right words and phrases that utterly please me 💯 (and i’ll have you know i hate reading.)

ugh, and nichts nichts nichts—talk about AMAZING. youre incredibly lucky to have an lx horse, so cherish your time with him before i sneak in to steal. 🤗

• @Annalena-Voigt said in Dapper Fellow Fields [the law of attraction - 10.2.2018]:

That smirk on his face :heart_eyes: Also the pon is absolutely gorgeous! :heart:

Thank you! I'm so excited to see what he does for us here :kissing_closed_eyes:

@Breanna-Fahnestock said in Dapper Fellow Fields [the law of attraction - 10.2.2018]:

Love the backstory and the photo!

Thank you :heartpulse: I had a lot of fun taking it and writing it.

@Francesca-Díaz said in Dapper Fellow Fields [the law of attraction - 10.2.2018]:

Woaaaah this horse ist amazing. <3 Nd the rider very hot ^^

I can't decide who's more handsome, actually :joy: :hugging:

@Ariadne-Waters said in Dapper Fellow Fields [the law of attraction - 10.2.2018]:

alt text

^ Me because

(1) is that really the same dopey thing I sent you??!?!?

and (2)

HONOUR, HIGH HONOUR

Lemme just get this out of my system real quick: eeeeeeeep, he looks :boom: SENSATIONAL :boom: in your game (!!!) Like an actual horse ready for serious business and not some kid's pony taken out to jump on the weekends (which, now that I think about it, might have been part of his backstory :joy: ) The magic of DPPR, ladies and gentleman! He looks ready to win some Grand Prix. (and I love that Appaloosa eye you've done, okay)

On a more serious note, I'm humbled and flattered and every combination of meek and delighted adjectives under the sun that you've given him the high position of being Luke's personal mount alongside the incomparable Ego :scream: as well as just.. warm and fuzzy in general to see him in your game and that you're enjoying him to even a small degree. :two_hearts: That photo presents them in a way that makes them look like the beginning of a partnership, like adventures waiting to happen, and I will eagerly be following their progress together.

(I'll put a cap on the gushing now)

I want to add, too, that I love the way you write, particularly the pace you set. I have a notoriously short attention span and find it difficult to keep focused even on my own writing, so to be able to hold my concentration is generally indicative that you're pretty darn good.
    Loved learning about Luke's southern roots (any chance of "DPPR Does Western" in the future? :smirk: ) and I applaud the comprehensive career history you've put together for him; Luke Teth the character has been an enigma to me until now, so this is really nice. I also adored the way you presented Luke & Alicia's unconventionally sweet relationship- an awkward romance, but not without its warmth. They seem like headstrong & determined peas in a pod, and like genuinely good friends first of all. I love that.

Last thing:

Luke naturally only had one fiendish individual to blame for all the times judges paused in reading scorecards and fellow riders hid amused looks behind snowy gloves... dark benefactors not to have their toes stepped on lightly.

I read this just recently and smirked to myself; I think Aylet would be suitably proud of such a description. ;)

His sensationalism is all you, bud :smirk:

What can I say, Luke picks his pons well :joy: And sometimes you need a break from Ego's... Well, ego. Nichts might be a bit more humbler for his tastes. And WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT okay let's pump the breaks cause my writing is just me throwing things at a wall until it's coherent and yours is always clenches fist so good. Needless to say I'm flattered and humbled :nerd: -- Don't tempt me with the Western stuff, I started with Stock horses here and every time a new sale or ad goes up I get a little more tempted to return to my roots :cry:

And, well... :imp:

@Alexa-la-Coupe said in Dapper Fellow Fields [the law of attraction - 10.2.2018]:

wheeee, finally a look at the luke teth! i was always curious about the family behind dppr, and it’s exciting to see where youre going with the blog restart. (youre also either incredibly productive or incredibly brave for having future post names on the table of contents—because you can bet that i am definitely waiting for those.)

anyway, from the little exchange between luke and her i already love alicia. she seems Cool™️, and the way you developed their relationship was adorable. your writing style also has an edge to it that i really like; it’s not overly flowery but it’s got all the right words and phrases that utterly please me 💯 (and i’ll have you know i hate reading.)

ugh, and nichts nichts nichts—talk about AMAZING. youre incredibly lucky to have an lx horse, so cherish your time with him before i sneak in to steal. 🤗

It's definitely really weird to actually write the things I had in my head every time I did posts on my old blog :joy: there's always been a story happening, I just never actually wrote it out, but I'm glad people seem to be enjoying it! I might be a little too ambitious with my future blogposts but if they're up there it means I'm obligated to do them eventually :rofl: Luke & Alicia have been around for a few years IRL and have seen a lot of changes but their relationship dynamic has always remained the most fascinating and interesting to me and it's so fun to explore :clap:

And-- Yeah, trust me, I know, he's bloody fabulous. Better not tell him that otherwise we'll get another Fragile Ego, though... :P

• your writing is a+ omg.

i'm in love with luke's smirk and his and alicia's relationship (obvious from their exchange ;)) and the PON _

• My Sim needs to meet that Sim :P

• alt text

alt text

Challenge entries, I know, not even with my own EQ horses. Boooooo.

But I still had a ton of fun with this! I entered the CK's 1st Hollywood Horse Challenge and only really had time/ideas for two (else I would have done all three) -- I did Roach, Geralt's main mount from The Witcher 3, which truly needs no introduction; and the Unicorn from main character Deckard's dreams in certain cuts of Blade Runner, the cyberpunk noire cult-classic that basically wrote the book on the genre. Two IPs very close to my :heartbeat: Plus I always love an excuse to have cells interlinked within cells inter͉̄lí̩n̫̔ke̝̓d wì̙̳̄th͂͜ỉ͇n͍͔͍̐̀͠ ͕͒c̻͕̪͑͗̆e̦͚̾̃l̩͒l̡̯̥͎̅̾̇̉s̨̯̙͑͞͞..̥̣́̏.̨̒.

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.