October 2018 - Updates For Our Competitions

• Competition Committee

October 2018 - Updates For Our Competitions

Hi everyone! We have some very exciting changes for you for the month of October! Equus and the Competition Committee are continually trying to take suggestions and look for ways to improve our competitions. Lately, there have been many conversations, suggestions, and ideas and we’ve been listening. As a team, we tossed around some of these ideas to see what we could do and we’ve come up with some great updates to our show system!

Show Changes

Among the suggestions and ideas, were those that can help our horses have both a greater ability to level up and also gain points more quickly. Here’s what we’ve come up with:

• All shows will allow members to enter 50 horses per show, including Member Hosted Shows.
    • We will be getting rid of the 5 horses per level show rule. A member can now enter as many horses in a level as they wish, but cannot go over 50 horses per show.
    • We will be increasing point payouts for our shows as follows:
      • 1st Place - 15 points
      • 2nd Place - 12 points
      • 3rd Place - 10 points
      • 4th Place - 8 points
      • 5th Place - 6 points
      • 6th Place - 5 points
    • We will be awarding 1 pt for every non-monetary placing entry. So no matter what, horses are earning points for shows they enter.

Phantoms With A Purpose

Up until now, Phantoms have had a small place in shows and disciplines, but now we’re giving them a purpose. Here are some details:

• Phantoms will now have random names in shows.
    • Phantoms will accumulate points just as member horses do in their respective disciplines.
    • At the end of the RL year and over the December hiatus, these competing phantoms will become Phoundations and we will be auctioning/raffling these Phoundations off to members.
    • The points and show history will remain with each Phoundation for its discipline. This will give each Phoundation a hoof-up in the competition circuit.
    • The winning member will have the freedom to create a mainsite profile for their new Phoundation and determine their horse's name, breed, gender, and pedigree.

More details will be available when we host our first auction or raffle for these Phoundations.

We thank everyone for their ideas and suggestions, and we hope you’re as excited as we are for October!

• This is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Thank you so much!

• This is amazing to hear!! I've been wanting something like this forever and a day. Thank you :D

• oh god this amazing idea i like this idea :D

• What a great idea! I love this!

• Love it! Love it! Love it!

• I love all of these ideas :heart_eyes: thank youu

• I AM HERE FOR THIS. amazing!!

• Cant say how excited i am for this!

• small question: we have the opportunity now to register up to 50 horses, but we are still limited to two horses /Riders, or more ?

• Administrators

@Luke-Alhmann riders may still only enter two horses per class, yes

• I love this new idea! :D

• Great news and such a lovely idea with the Phoundations :heart:

• Development Committee

Awesome, some really great ideas guys! <3

• We will be getting rid of the 5 horses per level show rule. A member can now enter as many horses in a level as they wish, but cannot go over 50 horses per show.

Thank you so much for this. Really. <3

• How exciting! Love the new ideas :heart_exclamation:

• I love it, Thanks :D

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.