[SOLVED] Horse's Breed Question

• Recently, I looked through "The Master Breed List" for various information, and accidentally stumbled upon the "Araloosa" breed there. I'm not sure how long this breed was there, but it made me think about something... So I'd like to ask the knowledgeable people, please! I have a horse - MFU Infelsphere. Long ago, I registered her as Part-Arabian at the beginning, when it was available, and then her breed became automatically displayed as Grade (Progenitor). She is a 65% Arabian and 35% Appaloosa horse and I always considered her to be Araloosa. It would be great if she had her originally intended breed, especially if this opportunity is available... But I know that changing the breed is quite a difficult task, in general. Therefore I wanted to ask please, given the situation, is it possible to change her breed now, or is it already impossible/meaningless? I just really would like to know the opinion/advice on this situation, in general... Maybe, I just do not properly understand something here.:slight_smile:

• I guess it means "No"... :disappointed:
    Sigh

• Hi!
    From what I have seen, you can request a change of breed if the horse is not registered, that is, the horse has a profile on the main site but is not registered to compete.

Personally, I think it should be possible to change the race in cases like yours. Anyway, I do not know if this is something of great importance. I mean, when you fill out the "Grade horse make-up" form, as the mare is Arab x appaloosa, it should have the same limits as an araloosa horse. In addition, it is possible that your children may be registered as Araloosa even if the mother does not have the specified breed.

Still, I would not lose hope and hope that someone qualified can answer this (for example, someone from MBL or from Administration).

• I don't think it's possible anymore to change breeds unless you accidentally selected the wrong one when registering through the Auto-Reg. She'll just have to be a Part-Arabian I'm afraid.

• @Irene-Crownguard said in Horse's Breed Question:

Hi!
    From what I have seen, you can request a change of breed if the horse is not registered, that is, the horse has a profile on the main site but is not registered to compete.

Personally, I think it should be possible to change the race in cases like yours. Anyway, I do not know if this is something of great importance. I mean, when you fill out the "Grade horse make-up" form, as the mare is Arab x appaloosa, it should have the same limits as an araloosa horse. In addition, it is possible that your children may be registered as Araloosa even if the mother does not have the specified breed.

Still, I would not lose hope and hope that someone qualified can answer this (for example, someone from MBL or from Administration).

Actually, I like your idea! I would not mind the option if in case the breed of my mare can no longer be changed for some reason, then at least her offspring could have their real breed (Araloosa). In this case, my breeding program and style of play will not suffer and will be able to follow the right path, as well... The only problem here is that Auto-Reg will not allow such an outcross unfortunally, I think. Since only the Appaloosa, Arabian and Araloosa breeds are written in "The Master Breed List" for the horse to be Araloosa, and not a Grade (Progenitor). And this is just part of why this situation...is not so simple, in my case...

@Lidija-Rotherford said in Horse's Breed Question:

I don't think it's possible anymore to change breeds unless you accidentally selected the wrong one when registering through the Auto-Reg. She'll just have to be a Part-Arabian I'm afraid.

I understand... But the things is, that she's not a Part-Arabian anymore, she is a Grade (Progenitor)... And this is what makes this situation tricky and in some way strange, imo...

Thank you for sharing your opinions, Irene and Lidija! :)

• Okay, I will try to explain my situation in more detail, one more time, why it is so important to me, etc. Especially if the last word belongs MBL or from Administration, in this case. Now, when I once again look at my situation, it is a bit like the topic "CIAA and Trakehners", more in meaning, when something new affects something old/that already existed before, in different form, etc... I will hope that despite the fact that I am the only person with such a problem, I can still get a happy ending or some other positive solution, please!... My English is pretty bad, so I apologize in advance if something will be crooked, with errors!
    This is a thought process of a member that is active only on the forum, so I may simply not know much. And it took quite a lot of time now, so much I can not remember exactly, but I will do my best here...

My horse, named MFU Infelsphere was registered long ago when Breed Associations and T shows existed. I think it's was ES 2.0. She was registered as a Part-Arabian at the Arabian Horse Association (ESAHA) and has an appropriate stamp on her main site profile. Then, I don’t remember much here, but I think it was a time when the Associations closed, and "Manual Horse Registration" appeared instead. I think it was more ES 2.5, then... Ah, I'm not sure. But I remember exactly that from the moment of her registration I participated in the shows without problems, despite all the changes on the ES back then. And then, the day came when it was decided to add different types of Grades, like Grade (Baroque), Grade (Warmblood), Grade (Progenitor), etc. This dicision also had an "automatic action", because the next time I looked at the horses on my main site profile, I noticed that the Infelsphere's breed changed, and now instead of Part-Arabian her breed was called Grade (Progenitor), by itself, I did nothing for this. And after that, I had the first problem with her, because due to the change of breed, her levels in "Show Histories" were broken, so I had to send the data to the "Grade Horse Make-up". This data is still shown there (as evidence).
    I already do not remember the exact reasons for this decision, but I think it was ES's way of handling the grade horses, or it was easier for staff, in general, I really not sure... But it looked like "The Final Decision", which I understood and accepted, at the same time forgetting the possibility that my horse could ever have her real breed available. I still always tried to write her real breed - Araloosa. It has always been strange for me personally, why Araloosa did not have the opportunity to be on the main site, especially when the other Arab outcross, named Pintabian was available. Personally, I think they are quite similar, especially after reading the information in "The Master Breed List". The difference is that Pintabian has 99% Arab + many colours and Araloosa has 50% or more Arab + Appaloosa pattern, only, but still...
    So when I saw that after so many years, Araloosa finally became available, it made me personally happy and sad at the same time... Because now I am stuck in an awkward and sad situation, only because I registered my horse ahead of time, because if I registered her now, I would not have this situation...:disappointed:
    It would be easier to solve this problem if my horse were newly registered through Auto-Reg as Grade (Progenitor), but unfortunately it is an 'old' horse with a long history, several titles, in which I have invested a lot of time and effort, real life years... As an another example/evidence, I used her data for "Breed Point Conversion", it still there. I also have data from the "ESAHA Simsdale Arabian Classic" T show if needed, and she also participated on this forum in the RP Phase of Eventing show, named "Bremen Three-Day Event", hosted by Leah Harrington. In both cases, I wrote that she is an Araloosa.

Once again, I would like to say that I am very happy and grateful for the decision to add the Araloosa breed to the now Equus Community. Especially because I always want to breed this particular breed, I have a plan/breeding program, etc., therefore it is especially important for me to be able to breed Araloosa line, instead of Grade (Progenitor), in the end! I just want to be remembered at the time of the final decision, that there is a member, even if only one, with a horse that was simply not lucky to be born now, in this era...

• Administrators

You'll need to explain this case to @Elsie-Spectre and let her decide, as she is the only one who handles main site breed changes. We typically do not accept any breed changes on registered horses period, especially horses who have been registered and competing for years, like your horse has been. I don't know if exceptions are made in cases like yours with an old horse and a new breed, but Elsie is the only person who will be able to answer that for you.

• @Nikki-Calvaria said in Horse's Breed Question:

You'll need to explain this case to @Elsie-Spectre and let her decide, as she is the only one who handles main site breed changes. We typically do not accept any breed changes on registered horses period, especially horses who have been registered and competing for years, like your horse has been. I don't know if exceptions are made in cases like yours with an old horse and a new breed, but Elsie is the only person who will be able to answer that for you.

Yes, I understand. I sent Elsie a detailed private message on the forum.
    Thank you very much, Nikki! :)

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.