Chlo's Blog - Feb 5th 2020: Life Goes On

• Competition Committee

alt text

This part of the estate had sat unkempt and alone for nearly twelve months now, the owners not too sure how best to utilise the space. They’d been using it for pasture, but a harsh summer had led to many of their animals being kept indoors in the cool, and so the few acres set aside for it began to become overgrown with weeds and unwanted pests.

alt text
    alt text

It sat like this - overgrown and with fences broken from overzealous stallions - for many months before the owners of the estate finally decided what they wanted to do with the land.
    With the approach of autumn and therefore the promise of cooler weather to go out and work, they assembled a team of volunteers and tradespeople to help them realise their new dream for the previously unwanted and neglected land.
    After five months of very hard work, their perseverance and dedication to the project paid off, and - on April 11th 2019 - the owners and riders of Winyard Estate gladly opened their doors to……

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

The brand new pony team facilities - complete with nine airy, open stalls; pasture behind the stable building; fully equipped tack and feed room with rider’s lounge; and two all-purpose arenas specifically for our height-challenged equine friends (whom we hope to introduce you all to soon!)

Yes, I’ve been away - back injury has been kicking me in the guts, and meant I can’t sit down at my computer for long periods of time. But thankfully (after nearly 5 months of rest, physio, and gentle exercise) it seems to be getting very slowly better. So I was able to get into my game and remake one of the lots yesterday.

I have to say, I really LOVE the red brick look for Winyard, but maybe I’m biased, XD

Also trying out a new lighting mod, with some very minor edits in PS - love it in my game!

• Competition Committee

alt text

Meet a 4 y/o KWPN filly who was a breeding exchange between me and @Jade-Nguyen - I fulfilled Jade’s request for a breeding, and she let me choose one of her stallions for a breeding of my own in return.

The result was this little girl - by Jade’s stallion Lexington’s Divento, out of our mare Mystique Assassin.

She’s quite the performer, rather a show-off actually - always looking around for an audience. If she sees someone with a camera or a phone out and pointing in her direction, she immediately strikes a pose or prances around with her head held high and her big, proud eyes staring down at you (she’s quite tall too - around 17 hands!). She’s also very inquisitive, and loves to investigate every nook and cranny of any new space she finds herself in until she feels completely happy.

She’s so far unnamed, but we’re hoping that she’ll give us some inspiration soon! If you folks have any ideas, put them in the comments below <3

• She looks very elegant and alert!

I am lost for names though XD

• Seeing that you still have Secret D'Hiver made me so happy! ♥

• Competition Committee

alt text

Uuuhhhh…….so long time, hey?

Long story short, I got a job with the Queensland Ambulance Service, and have been away doing my big induction and doing my first lot of on-road shifts……to make up for my absence, have a portrait of everyone’s favourite Thoroughbred stallion……including his brand new (lighter) coat!

AKA: was taking pictures for the grading show and thought Hamster would be perfect for a portrait XD

• Competition Committee

Taking advantage of the current grading show to post photos of the horses we’ve bought/accumulated from other breeders over the years…..and Hamster XD

Will have more to add, hopefully on my next lot of days off - if I can get them done in time lol!

alt text

KPE Charisma @Neeve-Kalford

alt text

Secret D'Hiver @Alba-Moran

alt text

RFS Verona's Lady

alt text

Monachyle's Quentina @Callixta-Rosella

alt text

KPE Talitha

alt text

Lexington's Vertico @Jade-Nguyen

alt text

Hamster Dance

• Competition Committee

alt text

VPE Couronne

alt text

FC Wicked Folly @Idoya-Cinta

alt text

Ciel d'Or @Claire-von-Hohenfeld

alt text

VPE Fetrenne

Final ones of the Grading Show entries - featuring a brand new face! Rain (the cremello mare) was our Secret Santa gift from @Claire-von-Hohenfeld last year, and I’ve finally been able to get her in game and take some pics! Ain’t she gorgeous!

• Competition Committee

alt text

One Last Time

“Ready, old fella?” Christina whispered just as they were about to enter the big arena at the Courtour Eventing Trials. “Can we do it one last time?”

The big grey stallion beneath her - having been her eventing mount since the beginning of their careers - whickered softly and tossed his head. Picking up her reins and nudged him forward with her heels.

“One last time” she prayed, as they trotted into the ring. The pair had been together for nearly eight years, and now Ris was coming to the end of his time at 4 star level competition. Now nearing 15 years old, Christina had discussed his future with Chloe and Richard, and they had all agreed to retire him from top level competition after this show - so she was hoping and praying with all her might that they had at least a clear round to go out on.

As it turned out, they did. In fact, they went and won the 4 star event.

One last time……

And as they did the outgoing grand champion’s lap of honour after the presentation ceremony, Christina felt her eyes well up with tears as Ris galloped around the ring; champion’s ribbon fluttering from his bridle and his ears pricked, occasionally whinnying at the gathered crowd as if to say “Look at me! Aren’t I great?!”

As she dismounted afterwards, she immediately enveloped the huge stallion that had become such a big part of her life and career in the biggest hug he’d ever been given, and kissed his cheek.

“Thank you buddy, thank you for everything.”

One. Last. Time.

With over 250 points to his name, we have made the sad decision to retire Ris from top level eventing competitions. Now, he can enjoy his retirement in the field, being our top stud at Winyard, and also helping out our newer riders as a kind of schoolmaster. He may even reappear in the show ring one day with one of them on his back - but only in the lower levels; he’s done with the heavy stuff.

All the best in your retirement, big fella!

• Competition Committee

You’ve probably guessed what I’m about to say based on the title of this post and what everyone else on the forum seems to be doing......

With the changes happening and the closing of this forum, I don’t really know how active I will be in the future of Sims 3 horses. Ideally, I would love to stay super active and continue to show off my pons that I have come to love so much (especially for those who have been so kind over the years to sell/breed/import horses for us). It would be my Sims 3 dream to keep posting (semi) okay edits for you to enjoy. It would be amazing to keep my love for equines alive into the future of the community - whatever shape that may take.

But alas, RL might just have other ideas......

With my roster ever changing at work I only really get 3 days off a week and in that time I have to do RL things like groceries, housework, look after my two pups, sleep, washing, cooking, etc....and then go to work for 4 12 hour shifts (2 days and 2 nights) and be on call between my two day shifts. I don’t have the energy after all that to come home and turn on my computer, let alone boot up the Sims.

So, what does this mean for our future?

Well, I will mainly have to wait and see what direction the new forum takes and whether I can find the inspiration again. What form a comeback might be in I really can’t say at this stage - whether I will revisit these characters or decide to tell new stories. Either way, we shall have to see.

So is this goodbye? Perhaps, but I truly hope it is just an au revoir. Because au revoir means “until we see each other again”.

Lots of love,
    Chloe.

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.