Casteleaux and Quincetree Archives {Dec 8th}

• if wishes were horses

:full_moon_with_face:

Happy Halloween! Judging by last Halloween (has it really been a year already?), you might notice that I have a penchant for stars and the moon and sparkles and the color blue and also the idea of flying.

Did you know Breyer Wind Dancers were a thing? I didn’t because I wasn’t a horse girl back then, but discovering them was perfect inspiration for me. (Horses! with wings! that have children’s books written about them! and beautiful illustrations drawn of them!) I decided to create a photoset of the four Wind Horses, but naturally, I gave up less than halfway through. We’re left with WRNGS Caprice ( @Dimitri-Dane ) as Sumatra, based on the lovely artwork by Tara Larsen Chang in Horses Her Way. I hope I got the funky hairstyle across?

Message me trick or treat and/or include a :new_moon_with_face: in your comment so I can send you halloween goodies!

• WOOOOW:astonished: it just amazing:heart_eyes:

• WOAH, HOLD ON MA’AM I- this is beautiful 🥺 also thank you for awakening that very deep memory about Breyer Windancers to me, I used to have them when I was little (my parents questioned me) and the wings would always break off, it was unfortunate. But thats besides the point, this is stunning and I love it!! Happy Halloween to you too :new_moon_with_face:

edit: I JUST REALISED ITS ANIMATED...

• Oh wow! I love the twinkling star on the cheek and the glowing butterflies <3 and the eye :heart_eyes: Such a neat idea! :ok_hand:
    Happy Halloween :jack_o_lantern:

• Straight out of a fairytail :butterfly: so magical and beautiful :heart_eyes:

• Competition Committee

AHHH LOOK AT YOU KEEPING UP THEMES FOR SPOOKY SEASON :new_moon_with_face:
    I swear, I'd be set with half of your talent. I really don't know how you do it. The editing, the lighting, the cute lil animated butterflies!? It's so smooooth. There's too much talent here... too much :kissing_heart:

• So perfect, Alexa!!

• Replies

Those of you who requested goodies should have received them via slack! I hope you enjoy! :blossom:

@Alina-Shavrina Thank you!!

uwu for alina

@Marquis-Moulin Somehow I never even considered the fact that their wings probably broke off all the time like yours did. That's not very cash money magical of them. (But! it leaves opportunity for cute stories about The Wind Horse With The Broken Wings, or something, ft. the power of love and friendship. :butterfly: ) Thank you for your sweet comment!!! :kissing: :heartpulse:

uwu for mark

@Therese-Lind Awww thank you!! I was honestly struggling with the twinkling bits so I'm glad it worked out. :sweat_smile: :heartbeat:

uwu for therese

@Luna-Smit Thank you so much! (Though I must say your horses are the ones straight out of a fairy tale) :sparkles:

uwu for luna

@Rena-Cort YOU STOP IT. You're one to talk :triumph: Have you seen your last blog post??? The red poppies??? The colors??? :sparkling_heart:

uwu for rena

@Maya-Lilly no u!!!

uwu for maya

• Alexa, your pons are way too cute for this world :heart:

• OMG ALEXA!!! THIS??? WHAT IS THIS?! I remember this book!!! :sob: I loved it so much and i have a feeling it might be in my closet but I'm so worried bc if i don't find it i'm gonna be so sad ugh i love that you brought a pleasant childhood memory back to me, that edit made me think of it right away! Why are you so talented?? :heart:

• I don’t know how I’ve missed so much!!!! As usual everything is adorable and gorgeous. ♥️

Ps Lena is probably still my favorite :horse:

• Competition Committee

okay,
    a. i'm slow and i didn't see this until now cause finals. but these cute, lil' pony filled replies you're doing now are making my life. give miss non a boop on the nose for me :sparkling_heart:
    b. can we talk about the talent on this blog?! bc the last i'm i checked, i'm here to sob over your talent not the other way around, so shush :triumph:

• Replies

I've already exhausted myself so I'll make you guys cute pony heart pictures later :grimacing: :grimacing: (Your comments are actually so sweet though, thank you so much)

@Elaine-Rose OMG ELAINE!!!! That's so sweet :cry: :heartpulse: I honestly wish I had those books when I was younger!! I'll wish on a horse that you can find your book :pray:

@Dawn-Austen Thank you so much!! Give Waverly some kisses for me :kissing_heart:

@Rena-Cort Hehehehe and look at me not doing the pony-filled replies this time around (oops). And let's not talk about it!!! :heartbeat:

• Autumns in Southern California don’t exist.

At most, the trees humble themselves to yellow their leaves. The honeybees still buzz about all the same, traveling from flower to flower under the sun’s brilliant wrath. Even if SoCal is lucky enough to get rain, the hillsides along the freeway stay brown (gold if you want to glorify it) like they do all summer. Purple mountains that background your average SoCal landscape remain capless, waiting for snow. Romanticizing autumn in California becomes easy, normal. You can sip your PSL in 60-degree “sweater weather” like regular autumn-observers do, but it’s fake. That must be why Californians are so obsessed with it.

Ingrid’s one of those average Southern Californians. Can’t tell the difference between 40- and 50-degree weather but knows they’re both just cold. Now she’s on an order of business, picking up a mare in Ontario. Ontario, Canada; not Ontario, California.

Gilded in the fiery palette of the season, Canadian maples sparkle to Ingrid’s summer-weary eyes, and did a chill bite her cheeks just now? Ingrid is so enchanted by the autumn she almost forgets her mare. Honeybee is her name. Reminiscent of home. Ingrid and Bee are lucky: there’s a show five hours away, and competing in it delays the return home by two days. They go to embrace the autumn a little longer.

This is the gold that can’t stay.

according to all known laws of aviation
    the bee should not be able to fly

:maple_leaf:

Around 2 am a few weeks back I caved and got a breeding, oops. Meet QST Honeybee, known as Honey, Bee, Dummy Bee, and everything in between. She's a standardbred by QST Odd Eye and out of QST BayBee from Quest Stables ( @Laura-Quest ), and I swear she's too cute for words. Pictured here she's seven years old. The lovely @Ariadne-Waters hosted the St. Claire City Classic on ES!

• Honestly thought it was my Bee in the photo for a split-second and I was SO confused:laughing: These pictures are gorgeous and Ingrid and Honeybee look like a great team, hope they placed well:heart:

• She has such a wonderful confo and I love her head! They look like a great team and I hope they placed well :heart_eyes:

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.