Casteleaux and Quincetree Archives {Oct 2nd}

• Yay! I actually don't know many people saw the Merlin series so thats soo cool to hear hehe

Your new mare is gorgeous glad Em went to see her! I love how you did her mane and the color of it also <3 she looks adorable holding that bucket :heart_eyes:

• peregrination

random breed challenge
    February 3, 2019

Really QT and Welliam QT

The postathon—

Let’s not discuss that. It's February. Moving on.

Meet Really, a bay appaloosa sabino pony of the Americas gelding. For now he resides in Quincetree with fellow-pony-friend Welliam (a grey welara). I do have a story planned behind the two of them (it includes Sponge, oddly enough), but I can't really decide between putting that off for a vague one day or selling them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    liberty
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Walnut Creek, California
    9:52 AM

we stan some losers

• Umm okay. Really QT is the most amazing thing ive ever seen in my life! If you consider selling him please let me know because Im totally down for this hunka spunk spotty boy to be in my paddocks. These pictures are seriously amazing by the way (as always). love the soft warm lighting and the greens from those trees ( i will forever be questioning how your trees look so lifelike.....). Now just let e star at this for the next half hour....

• Competition Committee

We love a spotty bean :sparkling_heart:

• They looks so beautiful ❤️
    & I love the style of your pictures

• écuries du casteleaux staff: victoria winter

9 février 2019

Pardon the atrocious coding. And the fact that I've had this written since, who knows, October? Oh well. Shoddy staff profiles; part one of who-knows, finally.

fools rush in

where angels

. . .

Tori Winter. Victoria if you so desire, but avoid Vicky. Show jumper, hot-head, and Casteleaux’ official difficult decision-maker with a penchant for balmy summer air and useless things with sentimental value.

She wishes she were nicer, but that slightly vengeful streak and a whole world to be bitter about seem to stick. Incompetence, inconveniences, invalid stubbornness—

Safely she hides her little resentments within the harbors of solitude and a held tongue, though, and they remain further subdued by an exterior of unnecessary smiles and somewhat sugar-coated words, uplifting compliments of convincing genuineness, and what perhaps seems to be a true heart of gold.

Most of her concerns about being unpleasant are all in her head, anyway.

. . .

fear to tread

@Neeve-Kalford :scream: :scream: thank you???? i've always loved your pictures too <3

@Rena-Cort silly you, the spotty is a PoA and the bean is the grey :laughing:

@Mira-Green thank you!! <3

• Can I allow this to go on without saying something about it? The answer is irrevocably and sure enough, NON! :loudspeaker: Tell me, why everything that comes from you is so... insane? You clearly have an eye for design combined with this unrivaled writing which still have me on tenterhooks everytime I see you have posted (#annoyinggroupienerd).

However, I want to talk about some things now. Firstly, RDEC Verettia is a bombshell. I love her light chestnut coat and the fact that she is acting like a dog. "I've got the thing you asked for mom" :dog2: I also very much applaud the timeless familiar cliché. I like clichés :weary: And hearts :cupid:

What about your peregrination initiative? Oh... Oh! Actually, the key words that come to my mind are insufficient. The layout, the two buddies and the green surroundings are finely all fitting together. Please, tell me your secret for making such delightful pons and, lately, for showing us terrific! real! trees! :deciduous_tree:

Lastly... you dare! Vicky Victoria! What a personality; I think it is quite interesting to have this temperament in your stables :fire: I hope to see part two soon, hehe.

• She is super pretty

• mirror, mirror

11 février 2019

The divide between reality and its imposter: ripples in the tranquil of a foggy morning, surfaces of glassy, frozen-over lakes; expectations and hopes set by precedent.

may the flowers remind us why the rain was so necessary

{ }

Sailor’s first foal on the ground—Sailleur, they named her—initially appeared to be her facsimile: a scraggly little filly whose chestnut coat would ease into a pearly grey with a scope in jumping and a somewhat detached, mostly-sweet nature. As she grew older and established herself in the competition ring, her typically-passive character subsided, giving way to feistiness and stubbornness and determination. Her conformation had filled out rather...unpleasantly over the years, as well, and Sailleur began to differentiate herself from her dam in what appeared to be a rebellious phase. The phase never ended, though and to this personality she was eternally bound with her new nickname Mayday.

All hail the Queen, it suggested.

Or perish.

Taking her reins and walking on thin ice posed the same perils: too much caution and progress seemed impossible; excessive confidence and—the best laid plans of mice and men. It takes a certain unwavering spirit to tame Mayday.

To merely approach her nonchalantly and without restraint is, as the saying goes, either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid. (Usually the latter.) Secretly, though, this ability became an unspoken subject of jealousy among Casteleaux' riders, especially with Mayday's apparent partiality to a certain Victoria. However, Mayday's queenly image of haughtiness and privilege, or whatever impression you might get of it, she shatters under saddle. She’s—she’s a terrible mount. Chaotic to the bone, every move is a guaranteed war between powers, and through pinned ears and a tossed head she indicates the insufficiency to challenge her authority.

Where Sailor and Sailleur used to reflect likeness now presents only juxtaposition, contrast, divide. Only through rising from the shadows of expectations could Sailleur manifest her individuality—a queen in her own right.

{ b + a }

It’s officially been a year since I started plaguing this place?!?!

This post features my first edit of this year—it was originally intended for the “divided” postathon prompt—of the stupidly-lanky Sailleur CX (better known as Mayday). This is supposed to be a semi-redux of this edit I did with her dam, White Sails CX (aka Sailor), which also happens to have been my first real post here ever. They’re both special mares to me, albeit greys, since I’ve had Sailor since the very beginnings of my stable back in 2014 and Mayday since 2015. As for the writing bit...I can’t justify it too well. Most of it I wrote back in, who knows, November?, and the rest was written hastily last night. It's awful and it shows. :shrug:

That’s my ridiculously-unnecessarily-boringly-distastefully-LONG way of saying I think now is an apt time to post this, finally.

@Lux-Winscott aren't you the absolute sweetest. (i applaud you for keeping up with blog-commenting as well—bravo. :clap: :relieved: )

Tell me, why everything that comes from you is so... insane? You clearly have an eye for design combined with this unrivaled writing which still have me on tenterhooks everytime I see you have posted (#annoyinggroupienerd).

i assure you, you're anything but annoying :sparkling_heart: your kind comment made my day, and i feel incredibly insufficient for such kind words. :hugging:

"'I've got the thing you asked for mom'" - ADORABLE. your perspective on my things (and other people's blogs, too!) is always a pleasure to read, and this one makes my heart go :heart: :heartpulse: :revolving_hearts: :two_hearts: :cupid: because i don't think anyone could describe the picture in a cuter way. i'm glad you've enjoyed the trees, as well! :deciduous_tree: making tree retextures is one of My Passions that i tend to neglect but nonetheless enjoy. (if you have a tree you'd like me to retexture for you, do feel free to ask <3 )

your words truly have me at a loss yet again, but know that i appreciate them more than you could ever imagine. thank you! :sparkling_heart: :sparkles:

@Mira-Green thank you! :sparkles:

• OMG what a stunning edit! I have so many feelings about it, from love ot cry because... it's so stunning! :heart:

• oh wow, this is stunning!!

• I adore your POA, also fantastic, dreamy editing as usual! I love the photo of Sailleur very deep and mystical <3

• I absolutely adore your great pictures and the naval theme fits Sailleur so much (not only because her name ^^) with the cool shades of blue and grey! Such a gorgeous portrait :heart:

• Competition Committee

Okay, I know I've been shit at commeting lately but.....

a. tori is my wife
    b. sailleur is the sweetest thing i swear. ^^
    everything about that edit: the mane, the highlights, the lighting, just everything makes my life.

• I know I am so horrible for lacking to comment >.> Anyway your pictures (and of course your horses, hrhr) are amazing and you came such a long, long way from your first edits to now <3 It's amazing how good you've became over such a short amount of time o.o I mean look at the atmossphere and the lighting (especially in your last picture) and your gorgous mane/tail edit. And let's please not talk about your sims, m'kay? They are GORGEOUS and everything you do is so soft and still crisp clear. I really, really love that <3 Please spoil us with more pictures! I demand more pictures! You hear that? MOREEEEEE!!!!

• Well noone could be as Angelic as Sailor, not surprising on her gorgeous foal. She grew up stunning, look at the ice look to her. She will be a super horse. <3 <3 this update is brilliant. There is something about this photo that is perfect i almost wanna print and frame and put on my wall.

• Oh Alexa, am I allowed to steal your skills? No? Hm... maybe some of your horses? Okay. Will just admire it all, then :o

• hey I like ur stuff
    <3

• Development Committee

😭😭😭
    I'm speechless. I have absolutely no words for this. I can't even comment on how much I love everything, I think you broke me with all your wonderful stuff. Gawd, can we please just switch skills? btw You've had this album for so many months?! and I still haven't left a single comment??... Wow, I'm an idiot 🤦

• I don't see anything "unpleasant" about her :P

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.