{RESULTS} Silver Berry Stallion Showcase

• alt text

Welcome all to the Silver Berry Stallion Showcase! Here within this challenge, stallions big and small may be shown, all colours, all breeds, all shapes and sizes are welcome! Here is your chance to let that young horse of yours enter, or to show off your old boy on his finishing stretch of showing. This event will be held with multiple in hand and ridden classes so that everyone has something to enter in comfortably. Or have a go at something that isnt in your hand book or try something new!

This isnt a cash based challenge (although some specials are awarded) so fun only!

alt text

• Horses MUST be stallions. No geldings or mares aloud.
    • Horses MUST be at least the age of 3 to compete in Ridden Classes, and at least the age of 2 to compete in in hand classes.
    • Handlers/Riders MUST not be under the age of 17.
    • A member is aloud to enter a maximum of 3 horses in the show. You may enter those 3 horses in whatever classes you wish. You also do not NEED to enter 3, you're welcome to enter 1 if you want, but a member with any entries that exceed the limit of 3 will have their 4th disqualified.
    • Judging will be based around creativity and also realism (as thats what i live for), so that means you're welcome to have mistakes and fail entries as well as professional and sleek. The limit is up to your imagination.
    • There is no required turnout, and below each class list will tell you what that section does.
    • This challenge does not require you to enter via google form. You only need to post your entry with the template provided.
    • Classes will be split within themselves according to how many entrants.
    • This challenge is open for one month to allow everyone time for their entries.
    • Have fun!

Once the challenge is closed and ready for judging, there will be a week for that to happen due to it being judged by one person. Depending on the entries it could be more or less. Results will be posted on a spreadsheet for neatness to this thread.
    If you have any questions, please direct them to the chatter thread, or DM/PM me personally
    :heart:

Let me know what you think and what you'd like to see in future! Fill out this feedback form which is 100% optional :)

Feedback Form

alt text

There is a total of 3 classes. The Handler Ring, Riding Ring and the Liberty Ring. All classes have a brief description about them below, and any questions about them can be answered in the chatter thread for this challenge.

alt text
    These classes are in hand only. Horses are shown in bridles or halters, either in a standing shot or movement shot, either is up to you.

• In Hand - Pony (13hh & Under) - Unedited

• In Hand - Pony (13hh & Under) - Edited

• In Hand - Galloway (14hh to 15hh) - Uendited

• In Hand - Galloway (14hh to 15hh) - Edited

• In Hand - Hack - (15hh & Over) - Unedited

• In Hand - Hack - (15hh & Over) - Edited

alt text
    These classes are ridden only. This is similar to ridden showing (minimal tack required), and horses are judged under saddle in movement.

• Ridden - Pony (13hh & Under) - Unedited

• Ridden - Pony (13hh & Under) - Edited

• Ridden - Galloway (14hh to 15hh) - Unedited

• Ridden - Galloway (14hh to 15hh) - Edited

• Ridden - Hack - (15hh & Over) - Unedited

• Ridden - Hack - (15hh & Over) - Edited

alt text
    This is a free lunge/liberty class, horses have free rein in the arena and horses are judged on performance and movement and minimal handler interference.

• Liberty - Pony (13hh & Under) - Unedited

• Liberty - Pony (13hh & Under) - Edited

• Liberty - Galloway (14hh to 15hh) - Unedited

• Liberty - Galloway (14hh to 15hh) - Edited

• Liberty - Hack - (15hh & Over) - Unedited

• Liberty - Hack - (15hh & Over) - Edited

alt text
    Ribbons and in-game versions made by myself, and all markings made and provided by the lovely @Hilda-Wilson

• 1st - Digital ribbon, in game version too, 3 full body marking pack
    • 2nd - Digital ribbon, in game version too, 6 face markings pack
    • 3rd - Digital ribbon, in game version too, 6 face markings pack
    • Participation Ribbon for everyone who enters, in game version too

Once the challenge has closed, 5 lucky entrants (randomized) will receive a lovely blind import (your choice on breed) from the friendly @Richard-Sterling

We would also like to let people know that after some consideration and some feedback this challenge will now offer prize money for class placers, money sponsored by the grateful @Nikki-Calvaria who was kind enough to offer. Prize money will be calculated depending on the amount of entries.

And another big thank you to @Elin-Fredriksdotter for being kind enough and for taking time to make a version of the ribbons in game. They will replace the ribbon in frame and will be still given out the same to what the frame would. Preview pictures are below! :heart:

Digital

alt text

In Game

alt text

alt text

If you enter in the Liberty Ring class, you are welcome to link your horses song to it if you wish but it isnt necessary.

Member Name:
    Stable Represented:
    Horse Name:
    Class Entered:
    Rider/Handler:
    Image:
    Story (optional):

alt text

• PR Committee

Member Name: Andrea Burdine
    Stable Represented: Arcadia Park
    Horse Name: ART Corryvreckan
    Class Entered: In-Hand - Hack - Unedited
    Rider/Handler: Liam Hall

Imgur

"Oh my god."
    "What?"
    "Cory has murder in his eyes again."
    "I'm sure it'll be fine."
    "Liam isn't even paying attention."
    "It's fine."

ART Corryvreckan is an eight-year-old dunskin tovero Pintabian.
    He is currently chasing his third title in both Endurance and TREC.

• Banned

Member Name: Hilda Wilson
    Stable Represented: Wyken Hall
    Horse Name: Wyken Hall‘s Gabon
    Class Entered: In Hand - Hack - Edited
    Rider/Handler: Hilda Wilson
    Image:

Bild Text

• Member Name: Marc Sanders
    Stable Represented: Galileo Stud
    Horse Name: GATE'S Vulcan
    Class Entered: In Hand - Hack unedited
    Rider/Handler: Dallas Sanders
    Image:

alt text

Story (optional): Vulcan was the newest, untested horse at Galileo and of course my cousin insisted on showing him in the stud show in order to get a good feel for the horse. Thankfully his early morning class was small and the crowd hadn't gathered in full force yet. He was gentle, focused and even more important..perfect. He stood calm and quiet and waited for the judges to do their thing.

Stable Represented: Bay River Parl
    Horse Name: WPW Rowan
    Class Entered: In Hand - Galloway (14hh to 15hh) - Uendited
    Rider/Handler: Sara Smith

alt text

Story (optional): From his first show until now Rowan was finally no longer feared by the stable staff as the over dramatic stallion. His manners were well trained, he was sweet as could be...though if a cool breeze or day was in the forcast he got playful and wanted to stay on the pasture until the end...but today...he moved with liquid grace and posed well for the judge and the camera...

Stable Represented: Galileo Stud
    Horse Name: HAX Shameless
    Class Entered: In Hand - Hack - (15hh & Over) - Unedited
    Rider/Handler: Bobbi Cloud

alt text

Story (optional): Shameless got his name simply by being just that...he has no shame for anything he does. He's a young 5 year old stud that wants to play...even if it comes down to training. He took the bridle off the hook the other day and would make sure it was out of his handlers reach...side steps when you go to saddle him...and some how has figured out how to get his bell boots off when he's standing there doing nothing. All with that "I'm cute and Innocent look on his face"

• Member Name: Therese Lind
    Stable Represented: Stall Lindens
    Horse Name: Felicitation L
    Rider/Handler: Lucas Hagström

alt text

• Member Name: Maria Jones
    Stable Represented: Zuchtgestüt Highgrove
    Horse Name: ZHG Atréju
    Rider/Handler: Maria Jones
    Image:
    alt text
    CLICK ME

• Member Name: Rachel Deacon
    Stable Represented: Vanaheim Equestrian
    Horse Name: Vanaheim's Seraphim
    Class Entered: Hack In Hand Unedited
    Rider/Handler: Sam Greenwood
    Image: alt text

Story (optional): Merry raised an eyebrow as she leaned on the fence, watching one of their riders step out into a world of discomfort. Sam was a member of her eventing team, but since he wasn't all that comfortable doing the trot up, Merry had found a stallion showcase and suggested to her wife that they enter a couple of Vanaheim's boys to show them off.
    "I'm not sure who looks more uncomfortable out there, Sam or Seraphim," Rachel commented, resting her arms on the railing next to Merry.
    "My money's on Seraphim," Merry replied, smirking slightly. "He just looks embarrassed to be there."

Horse Name: Draconis Lidorian
    Class Entered: Hack In Hand Unedited
    Rider/Handler: Meredith 'Merry' Deacon

Story (Optional): Merry chose to present one of her favourite stallions at the showcase. Of course, what made him one of her favourites was his attitude and fire, which probably should have told her that he would act up in hand without the battery-draining efforts required of eventing. Sighing heavily, Merry held on to the leadrope and pretended the stallion wasn't rearing and bunnyhopping his way around the ring. Maybe he'd tire and manage to keep all four hooves on the ground together for more than a second.

Horse Name: Vanaheim's Deerheart
    Class Entered: Pony In Hand Unedited
    Rider/Handler: Rachel Deacon

Story (Optional): The final stallion being presented at the showcase under Vanaheim Equestrian colours was a very cheeky but gentle boy belonging to Rachel and Merry's seven year old daughter to compete in showjumping. Unfortunately, Deerheart also knows exactly which pocket Rachel keeps the carrot sticks in and, in his opinion, he deserves all of them for behaving himself so far.

• Member Name: Alexander Westerberg
    Stable Represented: Bellinge
    Horse Name: AHR Neptune
    Class Entered: In Hand - Hack - Unedited (Reshade used)
    Rider/Handler: Tilda Jensen

alt text

• Member Name: Kayla Greyson
    Stable Represented: Anchor Ridge Equestrian
    Horse Name: WPW Glitter Please
    Class Entered: Liberty - Hack - Edited
    Rider/Handler: Chase Greyson
    Image:

GlitterPlease

• Member Name: Luke Teth
    Stable Represented: Dapper Fellow Fields
    Horse Name: Eretria's Vittorio
    Class Entered: Hack - Edited
    Rider/Handler: Alicia Teth

alt text

How many times had they done this song and dance?

If Alicia were to count, surely she'd run out of fingers, toes, and children to assist. It was always...

The same.

Still, she prayed to every deity she knew as judges with preening eyes reviewed Vito that he wouldn't randomly lunge out to kick one. Or take a bite out of their clipboard. He could always just rear, too, and send the entire show into chaos as he bolted for home. It hadn't happened, yet, but it was a possibility. Nearly did it at his last grading, too, and it was by sheer miracle that Circe had managed to keep him contained in his mortal form.

"Almost done." She murmured conspiratorially to the old grey man, who did nothing but snuff in reply and lift his head a little higher, nostrils flared. Great. What did that mean? Speaking 'horse' would make things way easier for both of them. Alicia's eyes wandered then to a tall, hardly-constrained (judging by the tension in his shoulders and the displeased face he was making) husband who glared daggers at the equally-staring stud he was showing off just down the line. Roy, it must have been, judging by the Overo and the noise produced. Beyond him, she knew, past some of the other generic blobs was Jillian and her latest project and hopefully she had dressed appropriately this time.

Honestly, sometimes Jellybean was more insane about the horse breeding than Alicia was, but showed it in the strangest ways. Like wandering into shows without proper turnout and getting herself and her perfectly fine horse disqualified. Oh, the scolding she had gotten -- Which was exactly why Jill had done it again. To vex each other was the Teth way, it seemed. Luke was simply content to plot his next strange acquisition -- And even she, head stuck in the warmbloods, didn't miss the new strange fat things wandering around that he called 'Stocks' and seemed vehemently protective over.

"I see that." Vito had pinned his ears back briefly as a new stud marched into the arena, and she was quick to narrow her eyes and give him a sharp word that refocused his attention on her and the job at hand. The judge was making his way past Roy and Luke to them, now, and she'd be damned before Vittorio ran off to have a pissing contest with the new boy in the yard instead of getting through this check in one piece.

"Do you remember," She saw his ear flick down to focus on her, if only because she was new noises to process in his animal mind, "That one eventing show, where we nearly got lost on the course?"

No visible response.

Well, technically, they had gotten lost on course, no 'nearly' about it. That show had definitely stuck in her memories even if Vito couldn't recall, or didn't comprehend her speech. It was in the months before the DPPR merger, where things were rocky and messy still. She was still the rambunctious fiancee riding at breakneck to get their horses in shape before business & pleasure got too complicated. Some part of her had been scared of being sidelined, to lose the thrill of high stakes, so she'd put herself and her mounts in every show from here to Europe in the hopes of satisfying the craving before it was too late. Like a bachlorette party, except it lasted for far longer and involved way too many dressage rings and oxer jumps.

It had been a baseless fear that she'd never compete again as she might even compete more now, but, still, it had led her to reckless choices. Like that show, where she'd been overworked, sleep-deprived, and completely turned around in a stretch of course during XC & nearly got disqualified and terribly lost, as well. Co-incidentally, she'd also nearly killed Luke of a weak heart when he'd realized how far off track she'd wandered and had become a ball of anxiety on the sidelines, but as she had grit out to him after finishing her penalty-full round -- 'I'll still be the death of you, Teth.' That had made him laugh.

"Anyways," A hand briefly raised to scratch at the spot he enjoyed, along his neck, "Took care of each other then, right? Please take care of me now. You'll get plenty of Doritos after, promise, and enough time off to make Desperado jealous." No doubt he couldn't understand a word of her silly human speak, but at the very least he seemed to settle down from his period of drama. Just in time, too, as the judge began to putter over with soft murmurs and glances to his clipboard as beady eyes studied Vito's flank, his carefully tousled tail, and prideful glint in his eyes.

Asleep for the action, awake for the money, huh?

*unrelated to entry; just there for ambiance.

• Member Name: Alexander Westerberg
    Stable Represented: Bellinge
    Horse Name: DEC Black Criminal
    Class Entered: In Hand - Hack - Unedited (Reshade used)
    Rider/Handler: Tilda Jensen

alt text

• Member Name: Miranda Gage
    Stable Represented: Volte Farms
    Horse Name: VLT Jaleet
    Class Entered: Liberty - Hack - Edited
    Rider/Handler: Miranda Gage
    Music: Dierks Bentley - Burning Man ft. Brothers Osborne

alt text

• Administrators

Member Name: Blake Bellanaris
    Stable Represented: Hollow Creek Equestrian
    Horse Name: SSH D'yer Mak'er
    Class Entered: Liberty - Galloway (14hh to 15hh) - Unedited
    Rider/Handler: Andria Bolden (Not pictured)

Image:
    alt text

Story (optional):
    D'yer was a very new addition to Hollow Creek, just purchased several weeks ago. So when Andria came up to me begging me to take him with us to a show, I was a little apprehensive. A new mare or gelding is one thing, but a young, hot Arabian stallion? His breeder told her that he was good at breed shows but he was also getting used to being in a new location with new horses and people, and so far he had done a lot of tearing around in his pasture and displaying some disrespectful ground manners.

"I don't know Andria, it may not be the safest idea..." Blake rubbed the back of her neck, the look of pure begging that immediately came forward did not make this easier.

"Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaase. I really want to show off our new fancy Arabian! The show is in an indoor, if we just let him go in Liberty he'll win easy! He moves like a god! We won't even have to urge him forward, it'll be so easy! I'll take care of everything, I'll even trailer him so you don't have to worry about him fighting with anyone else! I think it'll be good for him, he's done these before, maybe it'll bring back some normalcy for him."

Damn, she made a good point. And if he wouldn't be a potential threat to her other studs...

"Fine... but you're buying me drinks. I'll need something to keep my nerves calm." The squeal Andria let out was deafening, this girl really was obsessed with Arabians, she was heavily involved with every new one that came in, even if it was a boarder or already spoken for. She just hoped she wasn't going to regret letting her take their new flashy Arabian out for a spin.

The show was going so far so good, D'yer was a little hot, even with the calming supplement they fed him that morning. Andria had actually managed to get him to stand still for his inspection, and as soon as she took the halter off he was prancing around the ring. She'll give it to him, he's a fancy fancy mover. He had a couple of wild moments, he decided he really needed to throw in random rundowns and some fun little hops, but he eventually let it all out and settled down enough to be recaught by a beaming Andria.

"I'll give it to you, this was worth it. He seems happy."

• Administrators

Member Name: Blake Bellanaris
    Stable Represented: Hollow Creek Equestrian
    Horse Name: WPW Silver Song
    Class Entered: Ridden - Hack - (15hh & Over) - Unedited
    Rider/Handler: Alex Parson

Image:
    alt text

Story (optional):

• PR Committee

Member Name: Callixta Rosella
    Stable Represented: Honeybrook
    Horse Name: Honeybrook Wyvern 'N Widgeon
    Rider: Demet Valentini

alt text

• PR Committee

Horse Name: Honeybrook Emprize
    Rider: Ainslie Cairstine

alt text

• PR Committee

Horse Name: Honeybrook Howlet
    Class Entered: In Hand - Galloway (14hh to 15hh) - Unedited
    Handler: Viia Rosella

alt text

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.