Automated Show History UPDATE: Breeding Sheet Pedigree Fix (easy)

• Administrators

crossroads
    img

The Automated Show History Template

Information

This is a template for an automated show history, including features such as:

• Tracking of points, levels, and bonuses for many disciplines.
    • A handy sheet to help you enter shows.
    • An overview of all your horses with their points and titles, which you can filter by gender, status, discipline and breed.
    • A neat info card view displaying information about your horse, alongside your choice of photos.
    • Automatic aging, which you can customize to your liking.
    • Breeding planner sheet which calculates a foals bonuses, along with randomizing height, gender, and genotype (based on the parents) and resulting phenotype.
    • R Show tracker which tells you the status (open, judging, results) of any R shows matching your discipline selection.
    • Nifty little season & year indicator.
    • New in v3 Leaderboard per discipline for all your horses.
    • New in v3 'Feature' tracking to help you tell which horses are due for some attention.
    • New in v3 New Home page with a few interesting statistics, and updates on horses who are nearly at a title or recently achieved one.
    • New in v3 25 disciplines at once!

My goal with this template is to have something that every member can use, and set up with little to no help.
    With that in mind, I encourage you to jump in and try it out!

Terms of Use

• I am not obligated to give you ongoing support. Seriously. Do not just add me to your documents and leave a note explaining what's wrong. Unless we've previously spoken about the issue and I've asked you to give me your sheets, I won't touch them.
    • Do not claim credit for this template
    • Do not manipulate this template for profit in any way
    • Do share it
    • Do help other people if you know how
    • Do change the colours if you want!
    • Do post back in here with a link to yours so I can see how its going!
    • Do post back in here with any questions (after you read the manual and FAQ)
    • Thank you to my lovely testers!

Breeding Planner

News

• 5th Mar 2017
      Release of v3 which includes Leaderboards, Feature tracking and new Home Page
    • 9th Feb 2017
      Added new Show Tracker for the new forum
    • 25th Jan 2017
      Added Year & Season tracker
    • 7th Nov 2016
      Added R Show Tracker
    • 28th Sept 2016
      Added Champagne gene to breeding sheet (oops)
    • 27 Sept 2016
      Release of v2 which includes breeding sheet & supporting sheets.
    • 19 Sept 2016
      Changed 'Main Site Link' in Horse Stats sheet to the new site URL. If you are already using these sheets, you can easily make this change yourself - instructions are in the 'New Site Fix' section of the manual.
      Year&Season

Setup Manuals

v1 Set-Up Instructions and Manual
    v2 Set-Up Instructions and Manual
    v3 Set-Up Instructions and Manual

Feedback & Suggestions

I've been considering opening this to suggestions for a while, and I've decided to do it.
    If you have any ideas for content or functions you'd like to see on these sheets, please fill in this form to let me know. I can't promise that everything will get added, since there are limits to resources I can use without the sheets becoming too big / slow / difficult for people to use, but everything will be considered <3
    Thanks in advance for your ideas!

• Administrators

0_1485312105315_stable name.PNG

Update:

25th Jan 2017
    Added Year & Season tracker

Automatic year and season tracker, easy to add to existing sheets (from my templates, or any other sheets you like to use). Instructions in the Year & Seasons section of the 2.2 manual :)

• Administrators

Info update:

I am aware that the show tracker is still pointed only at the old forum and I am working on an update which will include closed shows (so you can find your results easily even if they've been moved to the closed board) and the RP shows properly (yay!). Most of the work is already complete but I will be waiting 7-10 days before releasing it. This forum currently has no RP shows or closed shows and I would like to wait until some turn up so that I can test the tracker sheet thoroughly before I share it with you guys.

It will be another easy update, not requiring you to make a whole new sheet.

Hold tight guys & thanks for the support :)

• Thanks for this gorgeous template! <3 My only problem is that when I go with my mouse over the #REF! on the Discipline sheet on the Main Site I don´t get a pop-up.... On the Back end sheet site it works like you said in your Set-up point 4

• Administrators

Double-check that the ID for the back end in the Settings page is correct.
    If you continue to have trouble, please add me to your sheet (file> share elsiespectre@gmail.com ) and PM me the link.

• pmd you...

• Administrators

Update:

9th Feb 2017
    Updated Show Tracker

The Show Tracker now loads shows from the new forum, as well as displaying closed shows properly and also notifying you of any open RP phases of shows.
    Easy to add to existing sheets, simply delete your old Show Tracker sheet and follow the instructions in the manual to get a copy of the new one.

Enjoy!

• You're a gem, Elsie! Mine works fabulously. :) Thank you for sharing your talents with us!

• Thank you so much Ellie! <3

Just one question. If I'm retiring a horse from a discipline that I won't have horses competing (eg. Horseball in my case) does that discipline still has to be named in Settings tab for all the info to show up on HorseStats tab?

• Administrators

It does, yes.
    Since that list tells it which leaderboards to read, if you take Horseball off the list it will stop reading it and your HorseStats sheet will have errors.
    I hope you have room in your settings list so this isn't a problem :)

• Sorry if this is a silly question, but what happens if your horse is retired from two disciplines? Reason being that I'm the overview it only shows points from one of the retired disciplines, so it doesn't add up all the points in the tally. The retired disciplines are Western Trail and Western Pleasure in that order. Is there a way to get it so all 4 discipline columns show in the overview to avoid this issue?

Thanks

• Administrators

A second retired discipline is accounted for in the totals, and you can view the related columns in the overview by unhiding the columns between M and P. The total points will be correct whether or not you do this.

• I wondered, am I the only one who have problems with show jumping discipline : I see no points for my horses and when I want to check their level it says there's a lookup error.
    I know show jumping can conflict with pony show jumping (PSJ is placed first, so there shouldn't be problems with SJ) etc, and I never had this problem before.

PS : I never thanked you for making this so useful tool so thanks :)

• Administrators

You're most welcome.
    I am releasing a new version of these sheets at the beginning of next month, so that should solve your problem :)

• Administrators

Update:

5th Mar 2017
    Release of v3
    The Breeding sheet now accounts for bonuses to fit with the recent changes. It is now also entirely accurate, with this update resolving that one weird bug that no-one cared about but me, which happened if your stud/broodmare got lots of bonus from its grandparents but none from its parents. That's gone now. I know you're relieved.
    The sheet now allows a total of 25 disciplines (up from 13).
    Helpful new 'Features' system, with which you can note when a horse is showcased in your blog or C shows, and it will recommend to you the next horse to feature, picking one which hasn't ever been featured / has been featured least recently.
    New Home page containing helpful statistics and updates on your horses progress with titles.

Enjoy!

• Can I just add the new sites to my v.2 or do I have to remade the sheet again with v3? ^^ Thanks again for this gorgeous sheets... Its a wonderful thing for such lazy ppl like me ^.^

• Lovely update! Thanks so much!

Question/Suggestion for ya... In the next update, in the Overview sheet, would it be possible to add another section up near Status, Breed, and Gender that pulls from the Living At section of the HorseInfoDatabase sheet? Sometimes I'd like to be able to see how one particular stable is doing, not just a breed or a discipline etc.

AND...
    "NOTE- If you are using a large discipline like Dressage, Eventing or Show Jumping, please use the last three slots in the discipline list, as they have the most space available."

Does that mean that even if we are not taking up all 25 discipline slots that we should put these three in slots 23, 24, and 25 anyways?

• Thank you Elsie, so exciting!! I've just moved in to v3 and encountered a little problem: in the Leaderboard sheet the discipline list is not working and I can't select the discipline.

• @Constantine-Vale said in Automated Show History UPDATE: v3 - New Features:

Thank you Elsie, so exciting!! I've just moved in to v3 and encountered a little problem: in the Leaderboard sheet the discipline list is not working and I can't select the discipline.

I also noticed that it didn't work for me either

• Competition Committee

@Christina-Lindblad said in Automated Show History UPDATE: v3 - New Features:

@Constantine-Vale said in Automated Show History UPDATE: v3 - New Features:

Thank you Elsie, so exciting!! I've just moved in to v3 and encountered a little problem: in the Leaderboard sheet the discipline list is not working and I can't select the discipline.

Double click on it and you can select discipline :)

• @Jessie-Liles said in Automated Show History UPDATE: v3 - New Features:

@Christina-Lindblad said in Automated Show History UPDATE: v3 - New Features:

@Constantine-Vale said in Automated Show History UPDATE: v3 - New Features:

Double click on it and you can select discipline :)

It's working for me now, thanks! :) I tried to click before but it didn't came up anything but it does now ^^

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.