Stable Manager UPDATE: 2019 Riders & More!

• Administrators

crossroads

The Automated Show History Template

Information

This is a template for an automated show history, including features such as:

• Tracking of points, levels, and bonuses for many disciplines.
    • A handy sheet to help you enter shows.
    • An overview of all your horses with their points and titles, which you can filter by gender, status, discipline and breed.
    • A neat info card view displaying information about your horse, alongside your choice of photos.
    • Automatic aging, which you can customize to your liking.
    • Breeding planner sheet which calculates a foals bonuses, along with randomizing height, gender, and genotype (based on the parents) and resulting phenotype.
    • R Show tracker which tells you the status (open, judging, results) of any R shows matching your discipline selection.
    • Nifty little season & year indicator.
    • Leaderboard per discipline for all your horses.
    • 'Feature' tracking to help you tell which horses are due for some attention.
    • New Home page with a few interesting statistics, and updates on horses who are nearly at a title or recently achieved one.
    • 25 disciplines at once!
    • New in v3.3 Personalities & quirks.
    • New in v3.3 Pedigrees with links to main site & pedigree generation for foals!
    • New in v3.3 Gallery page for storing all your photos.
    • New in v3.3 2018 leaderboard compatibility & support for new titles & ribbons.

My goal with this template is to have something that every member can use, and set up with little to no help.
    With that in mind, I encourage you to jump in and try it out!

Terms of Use

• I am not obligated to give you ongoing support. Seriously. Do not just add me to your documents and leave a note explaining what's wrong. Unless we've previously spoken about the issue and I've asked you to give me your sheets, I won't touch them.
    • Do not claim credit for this template
    • Do not manipulate this template for profit in any way
    • Do share it
    • Do help other people if you know how
    • Do change the colours if you want!
    • Do post back in here with a link to yours so I can see how its going!
    • Do post back in here with any questions (after you read the manual and FAQ)
    • Thank you to my lovely testers!

HOME

News

-21st Jan 2019
    Release of v4 which includes 2019 support, riders & breeding planner

• 26th Dec 2017
      Release of v3.3 which includes 2018 support, personality, pedigree & gallery.
    • 5th Mar 2017
      Release of v3 which includes Leaderboards, Feature tracking and new Home Page
    • 9th Feb 2017
      Added new Show Tracker for the new forum
    • 25th Jan 2017
      Added Year & Season tracker
    • 7th Nov 2016
      Added R Show Tracker
    • 28th Sept 2016
      Added Champagne gene to breeding sheet (oops)
    • 27 Sept 2016
      Release of v2 which includes breeding sheet & supporting sheets.
    • 19 Sept 2016
      Changed 'Main Site Link' in Horse Stats sheet to the new site URL. If you are already using these sheets, you can easily make this change yourself - instructions are in the 'New Site Fix' section of the manual.
      Year&Season

Setup Manuals

v1 Set-Up Instructions and Manual
    v2 Set-Up Instructions and Manual
    v3 Set-Up Instructions and Manual
    v3.3 Set-Up Instructions and Manual
    v4 Set-Up Instructions and Manual

Feedback & Suggestions

I've been considering opening this to suggestions for a while, and I've decided to do it.
    If you have any ideas for content or functions you'd like to see on these sheets, please fill in this form to let me know. I can't promise that everything will get added, since there are limits to resources I can use without the sheets becoming too big / slow / difficult for people to use, but everything will be considered <3
    Thanks in advance for your ideas!

• Administrators

UPDATE:
    21st Jan 2019
    Release of v4

Thanks for your patience, Equus! I know its been nearly a month since riders came out and it's been rough trying to keep track of everything. Hopefully v4 solves the problem. Enjoy!

New in v4 Trophy Shelf: For ribbons and awards won outside of 2.5 shows
    New in v4 Breeding Planner: For all those foals you haven't made yet
    New in v4 Rider Support: Track all their info, plus help with riders in shows (including random riders, if you don't have enough registered!), easily see which horses a rider is assigned to, and how they're doing in each discipline
    New in v4 Establishment Support: so you know where you're at in your disciplines
    New in v4 More Home settings, so your sheets tell you what you need to know
    New in v4 More of your cool pictures from the Features in more places!
    New in v4 More intuitive settings & customization options

v4 Set-Up Instructions and Manual

Upgrade notes:
    Unfortunately due to widespread changes & underlying structure differences, it is not possible to upgrade an older sheet to have these new features. An entirely new copy of the v4 sheet and v4 back end is necessary.

Have fun!

• This is absolutely amazing (as always), Elsie - you've outdone yourself! I think the GenotypeDatabase got missed from the Main sheets though, and I'm nowhere near spreadsheet-literate enough to add it and link it to the Breeding calculator. :sweat_smile:

• @Erin-Ward If you copy it from the older version, and unhide rows 21-42 on the breeding sheet(somewhere in there--between the foal information and above the pedigree information) and just double-enter on the #ref errors it should resolve itself and work just fine!

• You are a genius. Thank you so much for your hard work on this. I couldn't hoard without your sheets :smiley_cat:

• I can't thank you enough for all the time you must have spent working on this for us.

• I'm so glad I hold up with creating the v3 spreadsheet, I had a feeling that with all the changed in 2019, there will be another version up, and I was surprisingly right! As always Elsie, beautiful job, and thank you so SO much for doing this for the community, taking your time in creating these, helping people with troubles they have. We'd be lost without you around! <3

• Administrators

Derp - genotype database now back in v4. sorry about that! Thanks for the loves <3 <3 <3

• 4 The two sheets need to be given permission to read each other. You will need to manually confirm this once on each sheet.
    The locations are:
    In the Disciplines sheet of the Main document, in the top row.
    In the DisciplineDetail sheet of the Show Details document, in the top row.
    To confirm, you will need to hover your cursor over a cell which says “#REF”. A small popup will load, with a button to agree/allow. Click this button.
    If you do not see any #REF errors in the top row of either sheet, you can skip this step.

Am I blind because I can't find a Disciplines sheet on the Main document? I did find it in the Show Details doscument (together with the DiscipleDetail) but there's nowhere in the Main document (as far as I can tell) where I could find a small popup of any kind, and I'm not able to give the sheets a permission to read each other.

Help?

EDIT: Nevermind, I put my eyes back in my head and found it!

• Thank you so much for this sheet! :D

Must also ask if someone have managed to remove hyperlink from the pedigree in horsestat tab since I'm using direct links from mainsite (copied links from pedigree there and put in pedigree tab so it's linked per automatic and non-mainsite horses stays unlinked just text) but haven't succeed to do it in this version since the code build was different. I had this on v3.3 and it was a lot easier and more "clean" to see if it was an actual horse or just a name and want to have it on this one too :slight_smile:

• @Isaiah-Pace I haven't been able to find the Disciplines sheet either :see_no_evil:

Can someone help? Thank you!

• @Miranda-Gage said in Stable Manager UPDATE: 2019 Riders & More!:

@Isaiah-Pace I haven't been able to find the Disciplines sheet either :see_no_evil:

Can someone help? Thank you!

Discipline sheet are hidden in main document :slight_smile: click on the icon with few strokes in bottom left corner and you will see a list with all existing tabs and it will be there when you scroll down a little bit ^^

• I don't know what's wrong but in "breeding" there is no picture showing up even if they're working in "horseStats" tab, then I have also noticed that in RiderOverview, it's showing one rider less than what I actually have. I have 24 riders but this tab only shows 23.

• @Christina-Lindblad said in Stable Manager UPDATE: 2019 Riders & More!:

I don't know what's wrong but in "breeding" there is no picture showing up even if they're working in "horseStats" tab, then I have also noticed that in RiderOverview, it's showing one rider less than what I actually have. I have 24 riders but this tab only shows 23.

My RiderOverview sheet doesn't show any of the riders I have entered in RiderInfoDatabase :confused:

• Competition Committee

For riders to show up, they need to have entered a competiton and results been updated in the leaderboards :slight_smile: (at least this was the deal when I tested the sheets)
    As for pictures on the breeding sheet, it works perfectly fine for me. Have you added the pictures to both picture columns or only one? If only one, make sure it is the correct one

• @Anna-Hertler said in Stable Manager UPDATE: 2019 Riders & More!:

For riders to show up, they need to have entered a competiton and results been updated in the leaderboards :slight_smile: (at least this was the deal when I tested the sheets)
    As for pictures on the breeding sheet, it works perfectly fine for me. Have you added the pictures to both picture columns or only one? If only one, make sure it is the correct one

Thing is, 2 out of the 3 of my riders have been entered in the competitions before, but they're not showing up, and I'm pretty sure the Leaderboard was updated. Just in case, I'll give the link to my copy of the spreadsheet, maybe I have entered something wrong :sweat_smile:

• @Anna-Hertler said in Stable Manager UPDATE: 2019 Riders & More!:

That's weird, I have confo pics in confo column and those that doesn't have random pics in main column got an - there but my question is from which column does the breeding sheet take pics from, main or confo one? :thinking:

• This is amazing! Thank you so much :heart:

• I've only just started using this since the update and it looks pretty nice so far. Thanks Elsie for all the hard work!

One question, maybe I'm missing the obvious. Does the pedigree tab auto-populate or do I hand type all the numbers in?

Thanks again Elsie :)

• Thank you so much, Elsie!

Version 4 is amazing and I've already transferred over all my horses and can see all the amazing changes. Your hard work is very much appreciated from this corner :heart_eyes:

• Administrators

@Christina-Lindblad said in Stable Manager UPDATE: 2019 Riders & More!:

I don't know what's wrong but in "breeding" there is no picture showing up even if they're working in "horseStats" tab, then I have also noticed that in RiderOverview, it's showing one rider less than what I actually have. I have 24 riders but this tab only shows 23.

The Breeding sheet should show the pictures linked in the 'confo' column of HorseInfoDatabase. If this isn't happening, I suggest pasting the following formula into the picture spaces:
    =image(vlookup(G3,HorseInfoDatabase!A:U,21,false))

The RiderOverview is currently unable to show the information of any riders who have not entered a show & had those results added to the leaderboards. If your missing rider has entered a show and still isn't showing up, DM me on slack.

@Samantha-Jadirea said in Stable Manager UPDATE: 2019 Riders & More!:

I've only just started using this since the update and it looks pretty nice so far. Thanks Elsie for all the hard work!

One question, maybe I'm missing the obvious. Does the pedigree tab auto-populate or do I hand type all the numbers in?

Thanks again Elsie :)

The pedigree tab does not autopopulate (I tried, but it was too unstable to release). You will need to enter the names & main site IDs in the Pedigree sheet for this information to show.

Love you guys xx

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.