Aimsir Equestrian || 08/12 - Quick Baphomet Picture.

• wow she is gorgeous! :D

• Feena looking all pretty! We're going to be working with her daily so i'll be sure to get some pictures of her over jumps and her amazing flatwork! She's amazing to ride as she carries herself so well, is responsive and so light in your hand. I love her :joy: If it was anyone other than Maia, i'd be stealing her to ride for myself.

alt text

• awww what a cutie <3

• I'm so happy she's loved this much! <3 She's absolutely adorable and Maia seems to enjoy being around Feens! :heart_eyes:

• @Toni-Lamberti said in Aimsir Equestrian || 16/11 Feena & Maia:

Today I have spent the majority of the day with Maia, my niece. She's moved in with me at the cottage here at Aimsir to help with our future project. :) She will be riding Feena, who you saw earlier, and also this little gem. Introducing AIM Macaroni. He is a 4 year old Haflinger stallion who hasn't had the best start in life. We imported him from Austria and plan on eventing him in the future once Maia has done some groundwork with him. He is extremely well behaved but not very trusting and almost well behaved out of fear... it's odd. So i've told Maia she isn't to ride him for a few weeks and is to do lots of lunging, long reining and just generally getting him to listen to her voice and trust her. She has such a way with horses... she's just turned 17 but has such patience and determination. I'm looking forward to training her on her ponies. :) She spent some time with him today just letting him follow her around in the fields which he responded well to. I can see this being a brilliant partnership

Maia with Macaroni
    alt text

Seeing as i've spent most of the day getting her and Macaroni settled in, I haven't had a chance to school any of my rides. I'll be heading out to school RFE Barlina this evening in the indoor so i'll be sure to post some pictures of her tomorrow.

You did a great job with Macaroni 💕 And I like the color palette in the picture, all orange and red and yellow. Pure autumn feeling.

• Sorry for the quietness! It's been a busy time here at Aimsir. We're moving! :) Now that we have Maia & her ponies with us, it makes things a bit tight. I'm not quite ready for her to have a barn etc to herself as she's still young. Therefore, for the time being... we are moving to one of the other yards on our estate which hasn't been occupied for a few years. It needs a fair bit of work but the extra space for Maia makes it worth it! Plus, I can get more horses too :joy:

We've started by moving the horses in pairs and the first pair arrived today... When we got them off the trailer I popped them in the field for a quick leg stretch before they went back into their stables for their hay and nice warm rugs! We are currently on our way back to get the next two :) Barlina and Feena will be coming over later on today.

But for now... Here is my gorgeous lease, RFE Latitanta. Owned by my lovely pal @Lidija-Rotherford <3 She had a quick 5 minute run about and is now safely in her stable, wrapped up warm (just to put Lidija's mind at ease. :joy:). She is such a sweetheart.

alt text
    alt text

Next up is a new addition... We took him straight to the new yard so he can settle in there rather than moving him about. Introducing the lovely WPW Baphomet. He will be joining our competition string and be an amazing asset to our breeding project. I'm undecided as to who will be his rider... I'll probably have a sit on him and then watch Alex work with him and see how it goes. :) Thank you to @Nikki-Calvaria for this amazing lad <3

alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• Our two new arrivals came home today! These beauties are both from the lovely @Danielle-Maddox who was extremely kind to us for Secret Santa! <3

We unloaded them both off the horsebox and I asked Alex to start bringing them around to the stables whilst I ran to get their clean rugs ready as I took their travel rugs and boots off to keep them all in the horsebox. Alex was complaining his feet were cold as he had a bit of a silly moment and got out of the horsebox in his Vans and socks... so by the time we were finished he had very cold and wet feet. I had to take a picture as they both looked gorgeous... Alex wasn't too impressed with the snow upto his ankles and with me laughing at him. :joy:

So, the important part... Introducing SSH Killarney, a Bay Tovero Irish Sports Horse Stallion and SSH Augusteen, a Grey Irish Draught Mare. We will be registering these guys once they've settled and Killarney will be our future eventing star and Augusteen will be a pretty dressage pony <3 Alex seems to think he's having the ride of both but we'll see about that :joy: We now have them both in their nice warm beds all bandaged and rugged up after their long journey :heart_eyes:

alt text

If I may say so myself... they all look pretty gorgeous :P A huge thank you to Danielle for these beauties :kissing_heart:

Don't mind my awful leadrope editing :sweat_smile:

• Few pictures from today... with the weather, and the fact we are still moving horses over, they're just getting a quick 10 minutes in the pasture to stretch their legs. So here they are! We have SHH Killarney once again, WPW Baphomet and we also moved over IRCE Feena so she went in the field to have a quick mooch about :slight_smile:

alt text

alt text

alt text
    Super lucky to have such gorgeous horses to work with at the moment! I'm very excited to start training again in the new year once they all come off their winter break <3

• lol I just saw these on slack, but Baphomet is so freaking cute.

• I had a quick sit on Baphomet today. He is lovely to work with! He was feeling a tad fresh with the snow and the fact he's had a few days off but once settled he was brilliant. Alex seems to think he's having the ride but he can think again :joy: He's likely to have the ride of Augusteen as he's so brilliant with schooling the young dressage horses. I'm going to be taking the ride of Baphomet and Killarney. I never was a dressage diva :joy: Here he is whilst I was trying to walk him around to warm him up... at this point he was super tense and we stopped for a moment so Alex could take his rug off before it went flying!

alt text

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.