Horses went down a level?

• Another help desk topic!

I know the dressage leaderboard has been merged and that the levels are squared back, but my horse got lowered DOWN a level, from Level 7 to Level 6 even though she had 2 starts in Level 7! The horse in question is Renaissance HA #20643.

That was not supposed to happen, she was supposed to be reset to the beginning of Level 7.
    Will edit this post if more horses appear with this problem.

More horses with this issue:
    #22197 - Wintermärchen v.G.Königsberg - lowered from Lvl 6 to Lvl 5 (had 4 starts at Lvl6)

EDIT: The leaderboard is a mess! My Irish Draught whose breed cap is Lvl 8, and he earned to be Lvl 9, is now listed to be a Grand Prix horse, I bet I'd find lots more errors like that, I am probably skipping the current dressage show.

• This happened to some of my horses, too:

#21702 MBS Detente Bala - from lvl 7 down to lvl 6
    #22846 Nebuchadnezzar - from lvl 7 to lvl 6
    #21154 WRNGS Lauquiniz V - from lvl 6 to level 5

These were the errors I found with a quick search, I haven't checked the level caps yet but so far they seem correct.

• Administrators

Please be aware that any work done was done as an emergency to keep the leaderboard intact, and have patience.

If you have any horses you have documented going down a level please reply here with a link to a show in which they competed at a higher level as evidence.

• @Elsie-Spectre said in Horses went down a level?:

Please be aware that any work done was done as an emergency to keep the leaderboard intact, and have patience.

If you have any horses you have documented going down a level please reply here with a link to a show in which they competed at a higher level as evidence.

What about moving up a level above breed cap? :)

• Administrators

I'll be investigating that separately.

• @Elsie-Spectre : Lowered down horses:
    ALL PROOF is in this show: https://forum.equus.community/topic/391/cc-c-l10-results-2-14-dressage

#11464 - RDEC Rhodium - from Lvl8 to Lvl7
    #20643 - Renaissance HA - from Lvl7 to Lvl6
    #22197 - Wintermärchen v.G.Königsberg - from Lvl6 to Lvl5
    #18606 - Grand Legend ADEC - from Lvl7 to Lvl6
    #20554 - Monachyle's Bailéy Harbor - from Lvl5 to Lvl4
    #23145 - RFE Ríoghnán - from Lvl5 to Lvl4
    #26230 - RFE Incendio - from Lvl3 to Lvl2
    #25865 - RFE/TBEC Gentle Knight - from Lvl3 to Lvl2
    #19846 - Barbaro HA - from Lvl7 to Lvl6

• I have three horses with the same problem but I can only proof Benedikt M (#22153) in Second Level (4) in the same show as above. The other two haven't entered any shows in the new level. I will look up the previous shows to proof they entered enough times to go up a level.

• Administrators

@Lidija-Rotherford said in Horses went down a level?:

@Elsie-Spectre : Lowered down horses:
    ALL PROOF is in this show: https://forum.equus.community/topic/391/cc-c-l10-results-2-14-dressage

#11464 - RDEC Rhodium - from Lvl8 to Lvl7
    #20643 - Renaissance HA - from Lvl7 to Lvl6
    #22197 - Wintermärchen v.G.Königsberg - from Lvl6 to Lvl5
    #18606 - Grand Legend ADEC - from Lvl7 to Lvl6
    #20554 - Monachyle's Bailéy Harbor - from Lvl5 to Lvl4
    #23145 - RFE Ríoghnán - from Lvl5 to Lvl4
    #26230 - RFE Incendio - from Lvl3 to Lvl2
    #25865 - RFE/TBEC Gentle Knight - from Lvl3 to Lvl2
    #19846 - Barbaro HA - from Lvl7 to Lvl6

@Jessi-Dean said in Horses went down a level?:

I have three horses with the same problem but I can only proof Benedikt M (#22153) in Second Level (4) in the same show as above. The other two haven't entered any shows in the new level. I will look up the previous shows to proof they entered enough times to go up a level.

resolved.

unfortunately we are not accepting a count of entries as proof of level increase, only previous entries at the level in question.

• I have only noticed one horse that has dropped a level, GOS Erchamion. He's back at Level 7 but in this show https://forum.equus.community/topic/391/cc-c-l10-results-2-14-dressage/2 he entered level 8. That

• Is this only in Dressage or in other disciplines also?

• @Mariana-Pereda-Sloan said in Horses went down a level?:

Is this only in Dressage or in other disciplines also?

Only dressage for now.

• @Lidija-Rotherford
    Does that mean it will happen in other disciplines
    ???

• @Mariana-Pereda-Sloan said in Horses went down a level?:

@Lidija-Rotherford
    Does that mean it will happen in other disciplines
    ???

This has been explained here:

Today we encountered a problem with the Dressage leaderboard where it had hit a google docs size limit and become unable to read show results. In order to fix this problem all 2016 shows had to be totalled into one While this solution has kept every horse’s points and current level intact, it does unfortunately mean that the entries and placings counters have been reset, so all horses are squarely back at their current level, instead of being half-way to the next level etc.
    Since this problem is related to the size of the leaderboards we will be totalling 2016 shows for Eventing and Show Jumping as well to avoid any potential downtime (we would hate for this problem to happen during a show!) This will occur over the next 7-10 days, taking care not to conflict with any open events.
    So far we only have plans to take this action on Eventing and Show Jumping. No other disciplines are currently large enough to be at risk of hitting this size limit.

• Administrators

The loss of a level will not happen in the other affected disciplines, since we are able to take action before they reach a critical size.

The problem with the dressage levels was that the 2017 shows had to be removed to reduce the size before the current levels could be archived. This caused horses to whom those shows caused a level change to lose that level change and then have that lower level archived.

Since the other disciplines are not yet at this critical stage, all shows can be included in the archive of current levels and no horses can be expected to lose levels

• @Elsie-Spectre said in Horses went down a level?:

unfortunately we are not accepting a count of entries as proof of level increase, only previous entries at the level in question.

Why not? I have to enter my horses 14 times to get to Level 10 although they were already in Level 10?!

• Administrators

Because I do not have the inclination, time, or staff to be counting show entries.

• @Elsie-Spectre MAYBE I CAN HELP

• @Elsie-Spectre Lost Levels
    ID 7979 Commodore de Capaz - From First Level to Training
    ID 6481 Corazon Hornando - From First Level to Introductory
    ID 11656 SAL Devil Wears Prada - From First Level to Training

They were entered in Introductory in this show and Training in this one.

If you could fix it that'd be amazing. Thank you :)

• Administrators

@Skylar-Sovari said in Horses went down a level?:

@Elsie-Spectre Lost Levels
    ID 7979 Commodore de Capaz - From First Level to Training
    ID 6481 Corazon Hornando - From First Level to Introductory
    ID 11656 SAL Devil Wears Prada - From First Level to Training

They were entered in Introductory in this show and Training in this one.

If you could fix it that'd be amazing. Thank you :)

Done!

• @Elsie-Spectre @Kassidi-Coy-Lutz

Dressage level downs! :)

RFE Ríoghnán 23145 should be Level 5 - proof Ashford Estates' Royal Ball I: https://forum.equus.community/topic/391/cc-c-l10-results-2-14-dressage

• #21702 MBS Detente Bala - from lvl 7 down to lvl 6
    #22846 Nebuchadnezzar - from lvl 7 to lvl 6
    #21154 WRNGS Lauquiniz V - from lvl 6 to level 5

Proof found on Ashford Estates' Royal Ball I

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.