[ENDS 2/22/2019] Whippoorwill Random Breed Creation Challenge

• Administrators

alt text
    Ends Feburary 22nd, 2019

In my continuing endeavor to get Equus collectively out of it's comfort zone and to create and compete with breeds and disciplines that get minimal attention around here, I present you with The Random Breed Creation Challenge.

Objective:

Get assigned a breed and discipline to create, create the horse, register it in its' discipline and demonstrate it competing. Breeds are selected from breeds who have no more than 100 registered members on Equus, and disciplines are selected from disciplines with fewer than 1000 members. Breeds and disciplines are chosen randomly using this gizmo.
    Entries will be judged on realism, how well you fulfilled your assigned breed and discipline, and presentation.

alt text

Rules:

• Horses must be created for this challenge! You may not purchase or use an older horse for this challenge.
    • Horses must meet the realistic standards for the breed as outlined on the Master Breed List.
    • Horses must have a mainsite profile of the breed you are assigned, and be registered in your rolled discipline. I am happy to provide horse credits to anyone who needs one for this challenge! Please post in the Chatter Thread letting me know what breed and gender to make your credit and I will send them ASAP.
    • If you are dissatisfied with your roll, you are welcome to request a re-roll in the chatter thread!
    • Each member may only enter once, however if you are struggling with your entry even after a re-roll please message me and we will work out a combination for you! I want everyone who wants to participate to be able to
    • Editing is allowed but will not contribute to judging.
    • You must remain the owner of this horse throughout the duration of the challenge (you are free to sell it after the challenge ends if you wish)
    • Entries must include at least one (1) photo of your horse training for or competing in its discipline. You may also include more photos of your horse, as well as roleplay stories, but these are optional.
    • Unregistered horses, horses without a mainsite, or entries that do not meet the above criteria will be disqualified.

Classes:

Class divisions will be determined by amount of entries. Classes will be no larger than 10 entries.

Rewards:

Rewards for each class will be the following:

• 1st Place: $50,000
    • 2nd Place: $30,000
    • 3rd Place: $20,000

Additionally, each entry that does not place in the top 3 in their class will receive a $5,000 participation reward.

All entrants will also receive exclusive Custom Content to be revealed in the coming weeks!

Resources:

alt text

Step One: Getting A Breed and Discipline Assignment

ENTER HERE

See What You Rolled Here

I have to manually paste your rolls in, so they may take some time to appear. If it's been more than a day since you entered and you still have no breed and discipline selected for you, please poke me in the Chatter Thread!

Step Two: Make, Register and Show Off Your Horse

Your horse can be any gender and color you desire (so long as it is accepted on the Master Breed List.) You then must give your horse a mainsite profile (remember you can ask me for horse credits!) and be registered in the discipline you were rolled. Your horse can have any secondary discipline you wish, or none. Then, you must show us your new horse doing it's new job!

Step Three: Submit Your Entry

SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES HERE

Raw List

All entries MUST be submitted to the Google form above. Entries not submitted will not be judged!

Posting your entry on the forum:

**Horse Name:**
    **Mainsite Link:**
    **Breed:**
    **Coat:**
    **Discipline:**
    **Main Photo:**
    **Additional Photos [optional]:**
    **Story/Roleplay [optional]:**

alt text
    alt text
    Please feel free to ask any questions or voice any concerns in the Chatter Thread!

• alt text

Horse Name: Dynoro
    Mainsite Link: Click
    Breed: Azteca
    Coat: Liver Chestnut Rabicano/Sabino
    Discipline: Working Equitation
    Main Photo:

alt text

• Horse Name: RKO Madame Elysia
    Mainsite Link:Elysia
    **Breed:**Normand Cob
    **Coat:**Dapple Seal Bay
    **Discipline:**Liberty
    Main Photo: elysiashow.png
    Additional Photos [optional]:Screenshot-484.jpg
    Story/Roleplay [optional]: The above photo is of Elysia training a round the house, and is the photo I put done for entry. I will add a proper liberty photo very soon. Thank you

• Development Committee

alt text

Horse Name: Nazario
    Breed: Italian Heavy Draft Horse
    Coat: Red Roan
    Discipline: Draft Horse Showing
    Additional Photos: Click
    Main Photo:
    alt text
    Nazario and his handler, Kaspar Gibson, waiting for their class to start

• Horse Name: Pascuala S - "Paisy"
    Mainsite Link: HERE
    Breed: Australian Brumby
    Coat: Bay Tobiano
    Discipline: Western Trail
    Main Photo:
    alt text
    "Are you sure you wanna follow through with this Charlie?" Ben questioned you.
    "Ben please, what's the worst that could happen?" You sarcastically laughed, trying to shake off the fear of getting on one, a new horse and two, her first show ever in a discipline you barely even knew existed until now.
    "She'll be fine" you huffed out as Ben gave you a leg up onto Paisy, making her jump slightly, awakening her from her short nap she'd taken since tack up.
    You re-gripped your reins and once again had a few seconds to gather yourself before your name was called to enter the arena. You turned your head back, giving an ever so cheeky smile to Ben who still wasn't 100% sure on this idea, being unable to see him mumble under his breath.
    "Goddammit Charlie, why do you have to be so stubborn"

• Horse Name: OCS Finnian (aka "The Tank, Finny")
    Mainsite Link: #34316
    Breed: Ardennes
    Coat: flaxen liver chestnut roan
    Discipline: TREC
    Main Photo:
    Bild Text
    additional unedited pics: CAS01 | CAS02 | xXx | xXx

Story/Roleplay:
    "I mean, it is kinda like Mountain Trail, isnt it? So it cant be that hard." Viktor shrugged while he was talking to the lady on the other end of the phone. "Yeah sure. If that is what you want me to do as a test ride before I buy Finnian, I might aswell try. - Yes. Yes sure, I'll be there on weekend!" he hung up and smiled widely. "So?" I asked him with an interessted look. "Crazy woman wants me to ride the next TREC competition he gelding is signed up for, to see if I can handle new situations and she can trust me with her horse." I had to laugh. Surely our Viktor wasnt someone to shy away from such a task, he couldnt have said no. And I will be even more interested to see him go into a discipline he never done before. I have seen him do dressage and Liberty from Videos he showed me of his past when he applied for the job at OCS, since then he had learned so much new and almost exceptionally ridden western. And it was even more interssting that he didnt even had that much time to prepare himself. "The competition is Saturday." - "Uhm, you know today is Thursday, that is like... in 2 days... you sure baut this?" - "Of course, that fuzzy Tank shall be mine and as i said, it seems a lot like Mountain Trail, cant be that difficult to ride."

Two days later he sat on this fluffy Ardennes gelding called Finnian. In his full on gear, with glowing yellow vest, and a helmet. His poor hair. We had a long way until he sat up there to be honest, because he had to argue with that lady, the lady that is Finnians owner, because Viktor insited on only riding bitless on him. In the past he rode with bits, since he learned to ride bitless with us he kinda turned 180 degrees and is a strict no-bit rider. Which I find impressive, at some occasions especially with new/problematic horses that I have to train I go the safe way and use a bit for the first time riding it. Not Viktor, he became a full on horseman with a stict no-bit rule.

So we eventually got this lady to accept Viktor riding Finnian bitless and let them loose onto the tracks.
    And I have to admit, he looked a little too professional for his firt time TREC. In the end they didnt manage to place that good because variouse time issues, but he didnt get disqualified either. And in the end even the lady was satisfied and happy to hand Finnian over into Viktors hands. The big childish smile on his face, you shouldve seen it!

• Horse Name: Vladivar B
    Mainsite Link: Here
    Breed: Kabarda
    Coat: Sunfaded Black
    Discipline: Liberty

alt text

alt text

• Horse Name: Cosmoire de Duarte
    Mainsite Link: Link
    Breed: Exmoor Pony
    Coat: Bay Pangare
    Discipline: Pony Show Jumping
    Additional Photos [optional]: 1 2
    Main Photo:

alt text

• Horse Name: Sir Williams WEE
    Mainsite Link: https://equus.community/viewhorse.php?id=34207
    Breed: Kabarda
    Coat: Black
    Discipline: Classical dressage (Second: Vaulting)
    Main Photo: alt text
    Additional Photos [optional]: alt text
    alt text
    Story/Roleplay [optional]:
    Since we got Willy here, he had been a mad horse and we have not been able to handle him probuarly. But the last week he has loosen up, and actually a lot.
    We took him to the arena this morning, and he was just lovely, we could not leave without a picture. It was Johanna that handled him today, these two have been building up their bond, and it has grown strong already.
    In the afternoon we felt like getting him loosend a little more up, and we decited to go at the pasture to do some liberty with him, just a little. And of course we had our camara with us, and gosh, we did got a few masterpieces out of the sesion, and he also have given up much more of his anger.
    We really dont know what it is with him, it is like he dont trust humens at all. He cant be like this forever, he need to give it up, the question is just, how?...

• Horse Name: Em December Marbach
    Mainsite Link: Em December Marbach
    Breed: Black Forest Horse
    Coat: Flaxen Liver Chestnut
    Discipline: Vaulting (Draft Horse Showing as second)

alt text

alt text

More photo's available HERE

• alt text

Horse Name: HAX Shantee
    Breed: American Indian Horse
    Coat: Amber Champagne Tobiano
    Main Photo:

• Horse Name: Argent's Sir William I
    Breed: Felin Pony
    Coat: Buckskin appaloosa blanket
    Discipline: Hunter paces
    Additional Photos :
    alt text
    alt text
    Story/Roleplay : What a course, really nice and looong. We took part in Hunter Paces show near our city. And yeah that was a lot of fun even with some small fails. Like seen on photo :) Our team from left to right : Grullo tobiano felin pony mare Argent's Balla Dona I and Suzanne Star, Flaxen chestnut tobiano felin pony mare Argent's Touch of Faith and on ground Paulina H. Sliwa and our leader Katherine Star Ackles on Argent's Sir William I buckskin appaloosa blanket felinn pony stallion. After all we end up with really good time and placed 2nd :D

• Horse Name: Ledovec U
    Mainsite Link: Clix
    Breed: Kladruber
    Coat: Bay
    Discipline: Vaulting
    Main Photo:
    alt text
    Additional Photos [optional]:
    Story/Roleplay [optional]: This young mare has high warmblood color influence in her despite those genes being bred out of her. She is by far going to be flashy in the arena but has already started showing signs that her coat is going to grey out in the coming years. Eve was thrilled but nervous when she found out she had to work with Ledovec. She was a mare who had little handling in the arena let alone with vaulting but Eve was the only one who was trained at the stable who has competed in vaulting in the past.

• Horse Name: Hunting's Armful Of Lilies
    Mainsite Link: XXX
    Breed: Lewitzer
    Coat: Bay Tobiano
    Discipline: Equitation
    Main Photo:
    alt text
    alt text

• alt text
    alt text

alt text

Horse Name: Fritz L
    Mainsite Link: Fritz L
    Breed: Belgian Draft
    Coat: Blue roan
    Discipline: Draft Horse Showing
    Main Photo:

alt text

• Competition Committee

Horse Name: Miss Outback Charm
    Mainsite Link: Rusty
    Breed: Northlands Pony
    Coat: Chestnut
    Discipline: Western Dressage
    Main Photo:
    alt text

• Shadows dancing in dust. Three souls within a blue light emanating from nowhere.

Horse Name: Blueashties
    Breed: Nokota
    Coat: Smoky Blue Roan
    Discipline: Working Cow Horse

text alternatif

• Horse Name: Jughead
    Breed: Campolina
    Coat: Red Dun

alt text

Jughead, or Juggy, was an unusual horse to come through for training. TREC wasn't a discipline we focused on, but we were excited by the challenge. The staff spent hours upon learning of his breed researching the unknown. By the time Juggy was ready to tackle his first TREC event, we had fallen in love with the lovely big Campolina gelding. This picture shows Jughead and rider Wanda approaching the gate obstacle, which they will have to open and close to pass through.

• Horse Name: PHR Blue Bayou
    **Mainsite Link:**https://equus.community/viewhorse.php?id=34588
    **Breed:**Pintaloosa
    **Coat:**Champagne Varnish Splash
    Discipline: Polo
    Main Photo:alt text
    alt text
    Story/Roleplay [optional]: The riders at PHR Farms have never played Polo before but they decided to give it a try. Betty, Veronica, Archie, and Cheryl were nervous but confident because they all had there favorite ponies! They ended up winning the competition and having a ton of fun!

• alt text

Mainsite Link: https://equus.community/viewhorse.php?id=34677
    Breed: Lusitano (PSL)
    Coat: Bay
    Discipline: English Pleasure/Dressage
    Main Photo:

alt text

Letty Enjoying a day at Pasture Letty & her Rider Rebecca
    alt text alt text

Letty was abandoned as a foal as she was smaller then what her breeders had wanted her to be. Rebecca and her boyfriend had found the little filly laying by their mailbox, and being the bleeding heart she was Bekah brought the filly into her house...yes the house not the big fancy barn they had on the property. She bottle fed, weaned, and has trained Letty into the big beautiful bay mare she is today. She will do anything Bekah asks...from laying down and playing dead to doing flying lead changes or crosses rivers. The bond between these two is something magical to watch.

• Horse Name: KPC Alacrity
    Breed: Kerry Bog Pony
    Coat: Buckskin
    Discipline: Equitation
    Main Photo:
    Sometimes the best way to build your relationship with a new mount is taking off your stirrups and just holding on.
    alt text
    Additional Photos:
    alt text

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.