FIXED Sims not starting at all?! [Please delete]

• Hi, first off, im sorry i ask this many questions.

And then, i run sims over origin, because i had to, My pc dont have a disc drive, so it is the only way i can still play sims. But, the problem is, that i can open and rum origin without any problems, and then i press the "play" button, the sims launge or whatever it is called, also shows up and works just fine.

But HERE, then i press the start button, it just do nothing, besides close the sims thing down as it always do then im starting up my game, but the actual game never shows up...
    I was thinking that it might be a file craching my computer, so im trying to merge all my files down, and also checking for dameged files.
    But that will take a while, so im not done yet.

But if it is not working, what else can i do?

• Administrators

If your game is failing to load and your think a mod is the problem then DO NOT MERGE YOUR MODS.

Merging a broken mod will not fix it, it will only make it very hard to get rid of it. Don't merge anything unless your game is working nearly perfectly but you want it to load mods a little bit faster.

If you merge your mods while your game is broken then you are just making your life much harder.

• @Elsie-Spectre Okay, but... How do i find the broken mod that is giving me the problem then? I was thinking, by merging them down, i could manige to find out what folder the file was in, and that way find it from there.

• This happened to me a while ago.

If the problem only started recently, go through your CC folder and remove the most recent additions, then try again. If your game starts, you'll know that the problem is with one of them. If it doesn't, you'll have to do it the hard way:

1. Remove ALL CC from your folder. Yes, all of it. Cut and paste the Mods -folder on your desktop, your downloads folder can stay, but run your game with CC disabled.

2. If your game runs now, good. If it doesn't, make a backup, and reinstall. Sucks, I know, but you can recover your saved sims and game from the backup folder.

3. Start adding your CC back a little bit at a time, 6 files or so at a time, and try running your game after each one. When your game doesn't start, remove the last files, and put them in another folder. Then add the rest of your CC and see if your game starts. Whenever it doesn't, remove the files you added last and put them away.

4. Once you're only down to the CC that posed problems, add them one by one or two or three at a time, or decide if you need them at all.

It's a long and aggravating process, but this was the only way it worked for me. Remove, backup, reinstall, put them back few files at a time.

It's also worth noting that Origin does not support the latest Sims 3 patch. I suggest you buy an external DVD player (they connect to your computer via USB), get an older version of the game after installing it, and use that one. I for one can't use Origin at all if I want to play Sims.

• Development Committee

Just jumping in to say I'm running sims through Origin with it fully patched to the most recent and it's running just fine. I've uninstalled an reinstalled several times since the last patch and it works just fine

• Bumping up the topic, as the game is not running correctly for me either, the launcher loads fine and when I hit play the game window pops up black and couple minutes after it shuts with the 0x02957b48 error (Service initialization failed). Any ideas what to do? Side note: the game was running fine last night.

• Humm, i dont realy know how you can fix it, but maybe try calling or texting on the origin online help, the have helped me a lot :)

• @Thea-Radmer said in FIXED Sims not starting at all?! [Please delete]:

Humm, i dont realy know how you can fix it, but maybe try calling or texting on the origin online help, the have helped me a lot :)

They are not gonna help if the problem lies in the mods I'm using.

• No that is right, try install Sims2dashboard, there you can kind of scan your whole mods folder and se if any of your files are conflicting or giving any kinds of problems, i did this and it worked great to speed up my game then i deleted all the files that was conflicting :)

• @Thea-Radmer said in FIXED Sims not starting at all?! [Please delete]:

No that is right, try install Sims2dashboard, there you can kind of scan your whole mods folder and se if any of your files are conflicting or giving any kinds of problems, i did this and it worked great to speed up my game then i deleted all the files that was conflicting :)

Oh I will definitely try that! Thank you!

• @Kia-Williams NO problem, please let me know if it helped you

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.